-
Lin replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 9 months ago
@abigail-m Peter and the Starcatchers! It’s been forever since I read them, and I don’t remember which ones I read, but I remember liking them a lot!
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic Writing Romance in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
I totally agree with you. It’s definitely one of my favorite subplots in stories.
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic Where do you find motivation? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@issawriter7 and @anyonewhoneedsabitofwriterlyinspiration/motivation
My motivation comes from a variety of things. From the intricate designs of nature to little ideas and words I collect in my Writing Journals to the thought that I really can make a change in the world with my work. And of course, Christ. He inspires my work to be worthwhile, by…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Where do you find motivation? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
You’re so welcome, Issabelle! 😀
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Where do you find motivation? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@jenwriter17
THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It helps a ton!!!!!!!! I will try to remind myself WHY I’m doing this and use your tips!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! I know all of this will help a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Where do you find motivation? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
For one thing, I always try to remember WHY I write and why I want to write a particular story. And when I sit down to write I always try to make sure I’m removing distractions and doing the best I can to help myself focus (like keeping my workspace clean, using the pomodoro technique, using music to get into the mood, remembering to take breaks,…[Read more]
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
I didn’t see your post, but from the responses, it sounds like you have troubles with scenes sometimes turning our blurry or just not moving along. If I’m wrong, you can ignore the rest of this message.
Whenever my scene is stuck I ask myself, “what is this scene exposed to do?” “What’s its job or place in the story?” If it’s…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry started the topic Where do you find motivation? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
Hey fellow writers! So, I’m joining in on this writing competition and am hoping to cover some serious ground in my new WIP. But I’m someone who will often drop a story less than half way into it for lack of motivation. And to add that to it I’ve just received my first rejection for my contemporary retelling of Aladdin today. Basically, I wanna…[Read more]
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 9 months ago
Hi and welcome to Kingdom Pen!
I’m pretty new too, but it’s been awesome here!That is so cool that your writing a graphic novel. Sadly, the only ones I’ve ever read was the re-making of Anna Sewell’s Black Beauty and also Svetlana Chmakova’s Brave.
If you like swashbuckling kind of tales, Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson’s Peter and…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 9 months ago
@larchness Oscar Wilde has some really good stuff; I’ll never forget “The Happy Prince”. Harry Potter’s probably one of the only fantasy series I’ve actually enjoyed, I don’t like that much high fantasy. If you haven’t checked out Bryan Davis’s Dragons in Our Midst series I would totally recommend that! One of the few Christian fantasy books that…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
First if it’s certain scenes you’re having a hard time with there’s something I learned that has helped me A LOT! When I come across a certain scene I don’t know how to write or I’m not certain what’s gonna be the filler scene from point A to A.5 I’ll just write something like “something awesome goes here” and get to the part I do…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 9 months ago
@larchness Ooh, brothers! I do love brother dynamics. And J.R.R. Tolkien is of course of the best.
What other fantasy books have you read?
-
Lin replied to the topic Writing Romance in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@gracie-j Ah, thanks for your words! I appreciate you taking up the time to type up such a long post for me. Very good points, as well.
(Not gonna lie though at this point most of the Webtoons I read are romance so maybe, just maybe, I’m opening up to the genre a bit more…)Watching you and William converse is so….how do I put it. It’s like…[Read more]
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
Thank you for your advice:) I have done NaNoWriMo, but the quiz looks interesting, I appreciate you bringing that up, it definitely helps!
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
Thank you for your advice:) I have done NaNoWriMo, but the quiz looks interesting, I appreciate you bringing that up, it definitely helps!
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
Thank you so much for your advice and encouragement, I really appreciate it:) I should get back into my reading habit, I had put it off for a little while, but yes, reading does help writing immensely. And you are right, music is absolutely one of the best fuels for writing.
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic Hello From Me To Kingdom Pen! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 9 months ago
Thank you!
I’m neither person for the most part. I had planned on drinking coffee during NaNoWriMo, but surprised myself by making it through the first draft without it:)
As for pets, I have three cats, a few chickens, and a horse (I live on a farm), so pets were kind of inevitable:)
-
ella replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
I don’t know if you’ve ever done NaNoWriMo, but for NaNo Prep, they give a list of different plot structures for planners, pantsers, and everyone in between. The link below is a short quiz which will give the results for the best plot structure for you. Hopefully it helps!! &#…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Writing Romance in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@gracie-j Well, well, well! You are exactly everything which I fear! *crawls away to hide in a corner*
Once upon a time, when I was a small child, and romantic interests were all the rage, I thought it would be great if I could create love interests for my main characters. Well, long story short, all those relationships ended up being the most…[Read more]
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
Thank you for your advice, it wasn’t confusing at all and it actually helped me see my plot in a new light! Especially about ‘what ifs.’ I have heard about using that to come up with ideas, but never really thought of it that way before. And that is a great idea, having the love interest actually affect my MC’s goals and being…[Read more]
- Load More
