-
Lin replied to the topic Character/Book Aesthetics in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago

-
Lin replied to the topic Character/Book Aesthetics in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
Finally finished with the Jehayi set…think I’ll work on the main cast next…

-
Lin replied to the topic Where do I start? in the forum Publishing & Platform 5 years, 6 months ago
@scoutfinch180 Also, basically my plan is to start posting stuff online to garner attention while also trying to land an agent and working on things… Around this time last year I finally grew comfortable enough with my writing quality to post some online.. I say go for it, if you’re comfortable with it! Can’t hurt. Do watch for pirates though.…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Where do I start? in the forum Publishing & Platform 5 years, 6 months ago
@scoutfinch180 Of course! It’s growing, I think, and has some famous creators on there…Big readership as well. I do have to warn you though, that a lot of the content and things are a bit more on the liberal side…then again, all sites have that kind of stuff, but it has much nicer conditions and workspace than what I have seen before. And I’ve…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Where do I start? in the forum Publishing & Platform 5 years, 6 months ago
@e-k-seaver I would kind of agree. I would not publish my first novel. The one which I’m currently working to publish is something I came up with/wrote after like 11 other novels. I believe Story Embers has an article on such…
-
Issabelle Perry posted an update 5 years, 6 months ago
@daisy-torres Hey, girl! I was gonna share that drawing you did of Aria on my site tomorrow, so I was wondering what your blog’s url is to give you credit. Thanks!!!
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Where do you find motivation? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
YESSS!!!!! SO true!!!!! LOVE IT!
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Into the Lamp (YA fantasy) Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 5 years, 6 months ago
Oh, that’s TOTALLY okay!!!!!!!!!! I’m SO happy for how excited you were to read some of my story. Oh, you’re welcome. 🙂 And THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH for taking the time to read it!!!!!!!!! Aww, you really enjoyed it? That just means SOOO MUCH!!!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOUUUU!!!!!!!! YAAY!!! I might not share anymore on KP, though. I…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Where do I start? in the forum Publishing & Platform 5 years, 6 months ago
A literary agent pitches your novel to the big publishing companies and negotiates the best contract for you. They represent authors and are like the person in between the author and publishing houses. They work on commission, getting about 10-15% of what the author they represent makes. Basically, without a literary agents,…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Where do I start? in the forum Publishing & Platform 5 years, 6 months ago
@scoutfinch180 I believe that while the majority of Tapas seems to be anime-type stuff, I think you can publish pretty much whatever you want there.
-
Lin replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
@writerlexi1216 Ah…I have so many ideas now, but I just don’t know what to do with my life anymore…just gotta recover a bit, I think. (Haha, thank you! My mom saw it when I was just starting it and she asked, “Why do you always write such sad things?” and then walked away.)
Oh, I’d love to have you as a beta-reader! I’ll tag you!
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Book Titles? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
Great topic!! <33 Oddly enough, I’ve come very close to starting this topic as well… So, for me, I think titles are the first thing I judge about a novel, so I’d recommend putting a lot of time into a good one. With that said, I’m still trying to find the right title for my book (it’s currently Fortitude, but I don’t think that’ll…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
Oh, that’s okay!! Sometimes your head needs a break from writing; I’m sure you’ll have tons of new ideas the next time you get to writing 🙂 Oh, seriously? That’s amazing!!! I agree–making your novel as visual as possible helps a lot, which is why I’ve made so many collages… *eyes widen* Plot twists??? That sounds suspenseful ;)…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
Oh, yikes! I still have some homework to get to… *sigh* Hey, that’s awesome, girl!! Congrats!! (Oh my gosh, that title is so interesting!) Haha, I’m glad you’ve made some progress. And I’m more than happy to beta-read for you when the time comes, if you’d like 🙂
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
I’ll have to confess that I haven’t done much writing today. At least not traditional noveling. I have actually been working on a graphic novel outline of The Snow Warrior or at least trying to. I thought it might help my project to have some visual grounds to work with. So I’m mostly jotting down random scenes (mostly the fun…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Book Titles? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
@wyn-rose Mm…I’ll throw some examples out and my thought process behind them.
The Mafia of Heather Flights
My sister said it was pretty self-explanatory; no need to change it to something aesthetic. Got a place, a group, and it makes you wonder. The most basic title I have, probably. But it represents what the whole work is about.
I Hid…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
@writerlexi1216 Doing homework instead…also I feel really tired…not sure why. But I hope to catch up on the weekend.
I did finish drafting Like Cherry Blossoms in the Spring, My Tears Fell Freely That Day so I think I’ll get around to editing and rewriting some bits soon. And then I’ll hand it to my sister to roast, and then I’ll post here…[Read more]
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic Book Titles? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
This is a great topic! As for me, sometimes I have more title ideas than I do titles, other times I draw a blank when I desperately need one XD But the title of my most recent WIP, (is as some of you probably know) The Snow Warrior. And actually, that was the title that came with the photo that inspired my whole novel, and it was just a…[Read more]
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic Please pray for me. in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
I’m so sorry to hear that. Of course, I’ll pray for you! 🙂 I hope it heals soon, (that does sound like a handy weapon;)
-
Kads changed their profile picture 5 years, 6 months ago
- Load More

@issawriter7 Sure thing!!! Thank youu <3 https://daisytorres15.wixsite.com/writingdaisies/my-blog
THANK YOU!!!!!!! Your site looks AWESOME by the way!!!!! And I LOOOVE the name Writing Daisies!!!!