@jenwriter17
Active 4 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2522
-
WarrenLuther04 replied to the topic Is this boring???? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 5 months ago
@sam-kowal You actually counted the number of turtles in Daeus’ signature? Impressive! 😀
And @mnvalentine , I’m sorry I’m getting back so late: I was on hiatus. 😐
-
WarrenLuther04 replied to the topic Is this boring???? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 5 months ago
@mnvalentine I cannot read it as of right now because I have to go, but I just wanted to tell you that I’ll beta-read the first chapter for you and get back to you on this. 🙂 If I’m writing tomorrow, which I hope to be, I’ll read it. 😀 But I liked the
newspapermagazine article you included! -
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
I got distracted reading Les Mis while looking for a quote 😛 Cool! do you like it?
-
WarrenLuther04 replied to the topic Conference Season Starting…Kapeefer Meetups in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 (And everyone else on here obviously) COME OVER TO CALIFORNIA OVER SUMMER!!!!!! PLEASE! I need to meet Kapeefers!
I mean, I might be in D.C. next summer, but it’s not for certain yet so don’t plan on it.
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17, I might be
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice, I’m working on my book while at the same time trying to write a character interview for my blog.
oh, and I started listening to Tale of Two Cities today
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Sorry, didn’t mean to ignore you earlier 🙂 I’m making some revision notes at the moment. What are you up to?
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
anyone on yet?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Need Advice with my Character's Responses in the forum Characters 8 years, 5 months ago
@ariel-ashira Well, this isn’t really something I think about a whole lot because I tend to have a good grip on my characters so I just always do what feels right for them and it pretty much turns out. I guess though personally, if I had a brother I thought was dead show up alive I would probably rush him and hug him.
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
just saying, still here
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic My Life is Novellas in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@Jenwriter17 pretty much just throwing in all the subplots and more try-fail sequences will fill out your plot a lot more.
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
I don’t know if anyone is on, but I’m here
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic My Life is Novellas in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 I think Daeus and Kate got it. Basically, make things more complex. A longer story, more in depth themes, more characters, conflicts, obstacles to overcome, and more live scenes. That being said, you can’t just tack that stuff on to a story that is short at its core. Otherwise the story will drag. Layer things on, and see how in depth…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Need Advice with my Character's Responses in the forum Characters 8 years, 5 months ago
@itsastarrynight Thank you! @daeus Do you have a little time to give me some advise on this?
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic My Life is Novellas in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 I guess I just describe every scene in detailed, sensory language, and I have been working on adding more subplots. I do struggle with creating complicated plots!
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Create-a-story in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia @bekreations *beam* Thanks for bringin’ this back, guys! I don’t know what to add, but… 🙂 *thumbs up*
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 5 months ago
@ariella-newheart Why thank you. 🙂 And I love your version of Aspen!!!
-
Sink replied to the topic MC Issues in the forum Characters 8 years, 5 months ago
@ariella-newheart Thanks! I’ll try it out.
-
Sink replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 5 months ago
@ariella-newheart Thanks! Yes, they are. The middle is Smaug and Bilbo… Bilbo with a katana, anyways. (Don’t ask me. It just happened.)
-
Alia replied to the topic Create-a-story in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@bekreations, you brought it back! yay
“Woah, woah, slow down,” the man says, as he strides over to me. I glare at him.
“My name is Brek. This bag carries machine that, although it looks like a glowing rock, it is incredibly dangerous.” Brek pauses. “As for your friends, they are individually separated into rooms such as yours…” Boom…[Read more]
- Load More
