@jenwriter17
Active 4 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2522
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
The only thing I would say in rebuttal to what you’ve said in your comments though, is that I had quite heavily based the world on the world of the Great Depression. That’s part of the reason there’s such a divide between the rich and the poor and also in the technology. In the Great Depression, the people were living in a world that was…[Read more]
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
Bye!
Good to know I’m not the only one that thinks so then. But worldbuilding is very crucial (one could say it is the heart of) for a dystopian story. And any changes you make (esp in the tech level) can cause ramifications in your plot (e.g. suddenly the conflict or problem doesn’t make sense because it can be s…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@jenwriter17 Bye!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@jenwriter17 The hardest thing about this one is trying to bring it all together into something that effectively caps off the last two books.
@valtmy Most of it makes sense and a lot of it was said by another beta reader last week. Most of the main critiques have to do with my worldbuilding especially, which I know is pretty subpar.
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
Haha hope you can make sense of my blubbering rants! 😛
Are you one of the beta readers as well?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
Its coming along slowly, but at least I have something that resembles a plot now.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
I’m still here, reading over Valtmy’s comments 🙂
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@seekjustice I guess I’ll try the Google Doc then. 🙂
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
I don’t mind which you use 🙂 Feel free to go with whatever works best for you.
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@seekjustice Great, thanks.
By the way, sorry I haven’t been reading your book lately. I’ve just been unsure about which document I need to read from. (The one in the email or the Google doc.) Hopefully I’ll start up again soon…
Which do you think I should use, the Google doc or the email doc?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@seekjustice I’m doing fine.
May I ask what time is it in your region of Australia right now? Just so I know when you’re awake and asleep. If you don’t want to answer though, that’s fine.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@dekreel Hey! I’m doing all right. What about you?
-
Joy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
You know you’re a writer when you pace back and forth in your room repeating your character’s name in different accents, trying to find a good accent for your world.
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@seekjustice @catwing @valtmy @rochellaine @alia @jenwriter17
Heyy, I will be world-building if not writing a bit. How are y’all doing?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
Awesome, I look forward to hearing your thoughts. 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic A Dog in the Kingdom of Pen in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@catwing HAHA, I love it!! Well done! 😀 😀 😀
- Load More
