@jenwriter17
Active 4 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2522
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@catwing I was just about to ask whether cranberries and oranges were a catwing thing or something that average people did (average people are very boring, so don’t be upset that I’m implying you’re not-average).
Ah, I see what they are. We have something very similar here, but they’re called Shapes, and are in various different shapes, depending…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
Okay, forgive my ignorance, but I have heard several people refer to “Goldfish”, and this is not a thing in Australia, so I’m presuming you don’t mean actual Goldfish? But now you’re talking about cranberries and canned oranges and I’m wondering what sort of food you eat with cranberries and canned oranges????
I am confused.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
It’s good to hear that someone’s making progress 😛
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
Please come and outline my third book. Please??? *cute cat eyes*
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
Haha I didn’t read through it very thoroughly though. Just enough to make some comments and answer her questions.
Hi!
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
I may have time for a while… Not writing though and I’ve already reviewed @seekjustice‘s book 😛
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Cliches in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@alia *sweeps in with fluttering black cape and lots of maniacal cackling* I’M BAAAAAAACK!!! Sorry I didn’t reply to this sooner. If it a YA novel, then falling in love with the first person they meet that’s their age and the opposite gender is a cliché that must be stomped into a thousand pieces and burned. I don’t know if anyone’s mentioned…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic One-Sentence Story Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
-
Joy replied to the topic One-Sentence Story Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
Ohh, thanks for bringing this topic back! I loved it!
Lessee. I’ll do one for that girl with her arms spread out…
“And though she didn’t know it, though He was invisible, He was holding her by the hands like a baby learning to walk.”
How’s that? 😛
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@seekjustice The spy museum had lots of really cool spy gadgets that felt like they were right out of James Bond. 😀 There was a glove pistol, and umbrella gun, a bugged shoe (radio in the heel) and stuff like that. Also a lot of stories of spies. There was one guy who created a whole fake spy network, fooling the enemy into thinking it was re…[Read more]
-
ClaireC replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
What @seekjustice said is really true, guys. Australia (particularly the state of New South Wales) is really struggling. If you want to read more about it, follow this link.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/drought/
Also, @seekjustice, I thought you might be interested in this Christian mission’s response to the…[Read more]
-
ClaireC replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
Absolutely praying for your friend, @alia, and for you too, as you try to counsel her with wisdom. I’ll be praying for both of you.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
I’ll hunt down some books on that then, and set to work reading them while my beta readers finish off the document and I’ve already started doing some serious worldbuilding. I see that as my main things to tackle in the next draft 😀 Thanks for all your input!
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
Yes, that’s a good idea. First decide what political and economic system you are trying to critique for your dystopia. I’m thinking capitalism/oligarchy based on what I’ve read so far (neither of which would justify the tech regression and stagnation).
Especially for the police force. The rich have every incentive so supply ample…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
I realise that 🙂 though things like the “Premier’s Bill” which Lang gets assassinated over, were things that really happened in Australia during the Depression (though no one was assassinated, as far as I know).
I definitely think that in order to do better worldbuilding for this story, I need to do some amount of study on economics and…[Read more]
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
Oh. There wasn’t much elaboration on the Great Collapse though so I didn’t notice any nods towards to the Depression and didn’t make the connection but I’m sort of seeing it now…?
But how long ago was the Collapse? I understand if there’s technological regression in the immediate aftermath and the next decade or so. But the story…[Read more]
- Load More

