-
Elanor replied to the topic A Rather Belated Introduction in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 10 months ago
Ive really enjoyed his Starlore series. Personally think it’s really good.
I’ve not read/listened to any of his books other than the kingdom, knights, and Starlore series.I know he has another series called “the Wars of the Realm” but my Dad said those ones are really weird that he took too much artistic license in describing angels…[Read more]
-
Elanor replied to the topic How do I make a non-cliche escape scene? in the forum Plotting 4 years, 10 months ago
Those are all great ideas! I love hearing what everybody’s ideas are it gets my imagination really going.
Unfortunately with my medieval fantasy set book there’s no technology. But if I do write a book someday in the days of technology those ones will be helpful.
-
Madelyn replied to the topic How do I make a non-cliche escape scene? in the forum Plotting 4 years, 10 months ago
Hey there!
As far as the technical details of the escape, other people have given some great tips already, and action is definitely not my forte so I’ll leave that for wiser people to address 😉
However, if you’re looking to make your escape scene unique and non-cliche, here are a few random ideas…
– Skip the part where the character…[Read more]
-
Madelyn and
Hobbitchild are now friends 4 years, 10 months ago -
Madelyn replied to the topic A Rather Belated Introduction in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 10 months ago
No problem, like I said, I am The Queen of Belated Things! That your reply to my belated post should be belated is perfect for the theme of belated-ness 🙂
They are all such AMAZING authors!! Chuck Black and C.S. Lewis wrote some of the best Christain allegories I’ve ever read. YES, Fanny Price is one of my favorite Austen c…[Read more]
-
Madelyn replied to the topic When is it okay to defy the government? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 4 years, 10 months ago
That is such a good question! I’ve seen it over and over again in books or films (*cough* Disney *cough*) where rebellion is wrongly glorified, and it’s really something that needs to be addressed.
Most people have already summed it up on this thread: respect your government and obey them UNLESS they order you to do something that is a…[Read more]
-
Elanor replied to the topic A Rather Belated Introduction in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 10 months ago
I’m glad you like the sound of my novel. I’ve actually started writing more of it in the last few weeks. I started a topic on the forum on “How to do a non-cliché escape scene” because I’m trying to figure one out. If you have any advice I’d be glad to have it on there too.
You like CHUCK BLACK! I grew up on those books! My absolute…[Read more]
-
Elanor replied to the topic How do I make a non-cliche escape scene? in the forum Plotting 4 years, 10 months ago
Yes!! The bullets, arrows, and explosions all mysteriously missing the main character by a hair, leaving them unscathed after a very intense scene is so annoying. And then the times they do get injured and brush it off like, “I’m fine. I’m the main character. I’m invincible!”
-
Madelyn replied to the topic A Rather Belated Introduction in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 10 months ago
It’s been a while since I’ve popped into the forum, and I’m so sorry I never replied to y’all!! Life got crazy!!
I guess now is as good a time as any since I happen to be the Queen of Belated Things (hence, the title of this thread…and the fact that I’m still working on a birthday gift for a friend who had her birthday in August… and how I’m…[Read more]
-
Elanor replied to the topic How do I make a non-cliche escape scene? in the forum Plotting 4 years, 10 months ago
Another great idea thanks. That’s one I hadn’t thought of.
-
Elanor replied to the topic How do I make a non-cliche escape scene? in the forum Plotting 4 years, 10 months ago
Glad to have given you an idea.
I wasn’t sure if my idea of people communicating with animals is lame-sounding or not. It’s based on my imaginative world when I was little changed a bit but the world, peoples, cultures, and fantasy creatures still have their roots in that. When I was young I’d spend hours upon hours going on…[Read more]
-
Elanor replied to the topic How do I make a non-cliche escape scene? in the forum Plotting 4 years, 10 months ago
haha, I’ve got that exact thing. Zyla is crying and Kedja does scream.
The only reason that Kedja can get Zyla to leave her is that they are using Zyla to try to get Kedja to work for them by torturing Zyla (yeah manipulative evil people). Kedja can’t bear it anymore and has to get Zyla free because she can’t bear that so…[Read more]
-
Elanor started the topic How do I make the prison escape scene in my book not cliché ? in the forum Plotting 4 years, 10 months ago
In my WIP I have a prison escape scene. Fact is, that is in almost every book or story out there there’s an escape of some sort. How do I make one that’s not clichéd?
Kathleen, Issabelle Perry, Koshka, Elishavet Pidyon, Trahia the Minstrel, Abigail.M., Linyang Zhang, lorelei.writer, SeekeroftheTruth, Daisy Torres, R.M. Archer…[Read more]
-
Elanor replied to the topic How do I make a non-cliche escape scene? in the forum Plotting 4 years, 10 months ago
Thanks so much for the tips everyone. They are all helpful. I just realized I forgot to mention anything about the prison or the escape. Might have been helpful…
So my two girl characters Kedja and Zyla are trying to escape a prison that they’ve been brought to to be trained to work for Okdor, my Villain. Kedja, through a very tragic back…[Read more] -
Kathleen replied to the topic Anime Nerd/Chat in the forum Film 4 years, 10 months ago
Phil is great. My favorite character would probably Rei, but Norman is just a thread behind. I really like both smart and complex characters who are a lot more than what they appear. I kinda expected Rei in the beginning to be the typical emo kid with black hair and Norman to be the typical smart kid who never breaks the rules.…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Which story was the quickest to write and which was the slowest? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 10 months ago
Oh wow. Thirteen Ways to Infinity sounds crazy in the best way possible. What is the premise?
-
Elanor changed their profile picture 4 years, 10 months ago
-
Elanor changed their profile picture 4 years, 10 months ago
-
Elanor changed their profile picture 4 years, 10 months ago
-
Elanor started the topic How do I make a non-cliche escape scene? in the forum Plotting 4 years, 10 months ago
So a person escapes the bad guys. This is a characteristic of most every book I’ve read. I’m writing a prison escape in my current WIP and am wondering how to make it something that’s not just the same old thing.
Any tips and or advice would be gladly appreciated.
I’ll tag a bunch of people.
@kathleenramm @joy-caroline@elanor @abigail-m @precio…[Read more]
- Load More
