@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Snapper replied to the topic Silver Phoenix in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@winter-rose Yep. I’m still lovin’ that GIF. XD
@ethryndal Perfect GIF. 😛 I’m surprised though, you didn’t use Galadriel. 😛 😉
@jenwriter17 The chair melting thing is basically what I do when I’m not happy with something. It’s my forum ‘signature’. 😉
@emma-flournoy Thankee.
-
Snapper replied to the topic What to do with a blog/website ? in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@itisastarrynight For me, simple observing has been the best. I’ve actually been observing for a year and half now. O.O Woah… that long, self? Weird.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Comic Poems I Wrote in the forum Poetry 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine I really enjoyed the Dragon one, but the Giant one was definitely…unique. And the last one made no sense at all, but I’m pretty sure it wasn’t meant to 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@bella-d Welcome to Kingdom Pen! I’m a historical fiction lover and writer too. I’m currently obsessed with the French revolution and have just read The Scarlet Pimpernel, A Tale of Two Cities, etc, lately.
I love Elisabeth Elliot’s books too! Which is your favourite?
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Story Idea Help!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@radically-surrendered XD *sips on hot chocolate*
“Arise, magic super piano ninja thinker of the great epic idea warrior”
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Hey Guys…hey…hi…hello in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@mnvalentine 😀 That’s interesting
It does all make sense, because I have read some urban fantasy. It’s more…breezy, and simple, in language, I think. Not like some high fantasy, which delves deep into rich language and carefully described scenery. Maybe I’ll try urban sometime 😛
😀 Well, I have a few. But the one I’m mostly working on right…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Be in Our Newsletter!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@That_writer_girl_99 I finally just saw this, and realized that you tagged me right from the get-go. For some reason, I didn’t get the notification. *kicks technology*
But This. Is. COOL! If I can ever get any of the tid-bits I’ve learned organized properly, I will definitely return.
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Arrows, spears, and other pointy things… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@Skredder First off, hi! I don’t think we’ve met.
And second, YES, the Persian technique is really cool. I actually forgot about that. (Though I do disagree about only being able to hold a drawn bow for eight seconds. I know a girl who shoots with a standard recurve, and she says she’s able to hold it fully drawn for at least a minute.)
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine Actually, I don’t really watch that many. 😛 But I read a lot of history, especially from that time period. And sometimes I just read a lot about a random subject. For some reason I know more about Ginger Rogers than any of her other contemporaries XD
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Comic Poems I Wrote in the forum Poetry 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine My favorite would have to be… the one about the dragon 😛 🙂
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic *waves manically* ;P in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@Graciegirl Well of COURSE we all missed you. You did come up with our favorite expression, after all. 😉
And YES to everything you said about The Last Jedi. The Praetorian Guards (yep, that’s what they’re called) and the Force Connection thing… Those two moments were my favorites as well. So much interesting development with Kylo, oh my…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Story Idea Help!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
😀 That idea would totally work. It’s a really intriguing one. It’s not entirely new, Bryan Davis used something similar in his Echoes from the Edge series, which is also written from a Christian point of view. Your ideas with the music sound a little more elaborate and exciting than his, though. Echoes from the Edge is…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic HAHA! I DID IT AGAIN! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-Snapper WOOT!!! That’s fantastic! *rains glitter from the ceiling**random chair falls**phones get dumped by the bucket-load* Good grief, three books already? Sheesh, kid, you’re making the rest of us look bad. (Namely, me… 😀 )
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Arrows, spears, and other pointy things… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@That_writer_girl_99 Ah. Ah ha ha. Hmm. Keep in mind that while I do own a long-sword, a short-sword, and a compound bow, I wouldn’t exactly consider myself a master at using any of them. (Particularly the bow, because when one lives in an urban area, there’s no SPACE.) But while I do lack actual EXPERIENCE, I have researched the subject of…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@bella-d Wow, I don’t think I’ve ever even heard of her. What do you like about her?
-
Daeus replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@bella-d That’s so cool you write historical fiction. Some of us on here do, but the vast majority write fantasy. I write both, and other genres as well. Who’s your favorite historical character?
@rochellaine Yep, it’s called contemporary fiction.
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Welcome to the site @bella-d! Glad you joined us. 🙂 Are you more of a novel, novella, or short story writer?
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic The Kingdom Pen Songwriting Corner in the forum Music 8 years, 8 months ago
Well, that failed.
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic The Kingdom Pen Songwriting Corner in the forum Music 8 years, 8 months ago
So. I ended up writing some songs. Just some little snippets to put at the beginning of chapters. Here they are!
——-
<p style=”text-align: center;”>Born of cold</p>
<p style=”text-align: center;”>Born of tears</p>
<p style=”text-align: center;”>Born of gold</p>
<p style=”text-align: center;”>Born of fears</p>
<p style=”text-align:…[Read more] -
Jenna Terese replied to the topic A Belated Hello! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@emily-d Oh my goodness yes riding horses is pure awesomeness, bliss, and all those other happy words!!! Do you a favorite breed? I really like Quarter horses and especially Thoroughbreds. do you ride western or english?
I haven’t seen a Cavalia show, but I want to sooooo bad! I think they came to my city once, but i missed it….😂
- Load More
