Story Idea Help!!!

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Critiques Novel Idea Critiques Story Idea Help!!!

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    MNValentine
    @mnvalentine
      • Total Posts: 123

I really like this idea! My first thought was of Lindsey Stirling’s music videos. She does a lot of beating up bad guys with her violin…

As someone who was recently in an orchestra, I just want to suggest a theme of working together for the story 🙂 Maybe not the main theme, but it’s probably the most important thing in an orchestra (besides knowing how to play an instrument, of course :))

Silence! Silence everyone, for the king's speech!

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 103

@rochellaine Thank you for offering to co-author it, and I’ve thought about it but I don’t think it’s a very good idea. We very likely would have very different ideas on how to write it, and although that could be a good thing when  it comes to brainstorming, I just don’t think it would work in the long run. We would have to be completely in sync for it to work, and that is very unlikely. Thank you so much for asking, though.

But I promise you’ll be the first to know once I need beta readers 🙂 If you want to, I would love to have somebody to bounce ideas off of, and you could give ideas of your own… would you be interested? (It’s totally fine if not, I was just thinking I would love to be involved in an idea I really loved, so I thought I’d ask 🙂 )

Anonymous

@mnvalentine That’s actually a really good idea! I definitely know that in order for music to sound even remotely nice you have to be completely in agreement with your fellow musicians… and with the conductor as well, come to think of it… Yes, this is definitely an idea I can work with. *scratches imaginary beard, deep in thought*

Rochellaine
          @rochellaine
            • Total Posts: 3322

@radically-surrendered Thanks, that makes sense.

I’d love to be a beta reader or just talk it over with you while the story progresses!  I have one request though…

Would it be possible for you to write it without using the words “magic”, “sorcery”, or anything of that nature for anyone on the good side?  “Power” would be an easy substitute.

People who believe magic is fine wouldn’t mind the non-use of magic, while people like me and my family who believe magic is bad would be able to read the story without conscience problems.

Good examples of how this works in fantasy would be Chuck Black’s Kingdom and Knights series’ or Ed Dunlap’s Terrestria Chronicles.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Anonymous

@rochellaine Sounds great! And I was already thinking about not using magic in it, since where I live, a lot of people wouldn’t be comfortable with, and so they wouldn’t read it… so I’m mainly going to use music as a weapon, like the knights of the Prince use the sword in Chuck Black’s books.

Rochellaine
              @rochellaine
                • Total Posts: 3322

@radically-surrendered  Chuck Black’s books are great!  Have you ever played his board game?  One of my brothers got it for Christmas.

If you really would like my ideas or advice, do you want my email address?

If you are just being nice but would rather have your ideas yourself, that’s okay too, and I’ll just work on the many stories of my own I have in progress. 🙂  (But I definitely want to beta-read!  No negotiating that. 🙂 )

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Anonymous

@rochellaine I hadn’t heard of his board game! I’ll have to check it out!

And my email is priscillawiens@hotmail.com. I will probably need all the help I can get! XD

Sam Kowal
                  @sam-kowal
                    • Total Posts: 635

@radically-surrendered

😀 That idea would totally work. It’s a really intriguing one. It’s not entirely new, Bryan Davis used something similar in his Echoes from the Edge series, which is also written from a Christian point of view. Your ideas with the music sound a little more elaborate and exciting than his, though. Echoes from the Edge is more about interdimensional travel and time warping, and the music is a secondary aspect.

😀 Anyway, epic idea. Have fun with it 😀

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
                    Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

Anonymous

@sam-kowal I haven’t heard about them, but I’m glad my idea intrigues you 😉 This is by far the best and most original idea I have ever come up with (or as original an idea can be when there are millions of books in the world). I’ve also never had an idea of mine called ‘epic’ before, so I am very honored right now. *bows*

Sam Kowal
                      @sam-kowal
                        • Total Posts: 635

@radically-surrendered XD *sips on hot chocolate*

“Arise, magic super piano ninja thinker of the great epic idea warrior”

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
                        Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

Anonymous
                          Jane Maree
                          @jane-maree
                            • Total Posts: 909

@Radically-surrendered basically if it’s a book about musical instruments being epic I’ll read it. XD

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

Anonymous

@jane-maree Yep, that’s the gist of it ;p

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            >