@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Daeus started the topic Want to read about theme in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Hi friends,
I’m submitting a guest post called Theme Made Simple to a writing blog here in a couple days. I’d like to get a few people to look over it before I submit it, so if you’re interested in theme, have at it. It’s only 900 words, but there’s a ton backed in…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic I don't know what I'm asking… in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@warrioroftherealm Try Rora for historical fiction. It’s a tale of a Waldensian resistance fighter and it has some good political intrigue in it.
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic "The Canterbury Tales…" and Other Stuff by Chaucer in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel I love the Canterbury Tales. I studied a number of the tales in college and have taught different stories from it in my English classes. I do need to second @sleepwalkingmk, though, and say that you need to be careful about which you read since some are pretty raunchy. I’d be happy to give you recommendations on which to read or which to…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
I definitely relate. I’m a year younger than almost all of my friends, and one by one they’ve all just disappeared from my life. One of my best friends has left school and is working almost full time, so I hardly ever see her. She used to come to the same church as me, but left when a whole lot of not-great stuff was happening, so I…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Weird Things People Tell Me 'Cause I'm a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Haha yes. 😀
Saying I ride is probably a stretch. I used to ride a lot and my family own two standardbreds and two shetlands. My horse often has hoof problems, and our other horse  is not trained, so I only ride when I visit a friend with a horse.
My favourite breeds…I like standardbreds, Percherons, Dartmoors, and Aussie…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Weird Things People Tell Me 'Cause I'm a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@ingridrd Oh my goodness this happens to me a lot too! I’m afraid I”ll have to explain when they see ‘ways to poison someone’ in my search history or something.
@sam-kowal I’ve done that a couple times before deciding to just use normal words everyone understands to explain writing things. That’s hard though, I have to use a lot more words.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Chapters in a First Draft in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@waterlily Wow, only 90 days of training? It’s a lot of fun to work with horses that catch on to things fast though. Lol, I’ve ridden a couple horses that were a bit too smart for their own good!
Over the years I’ve ridden appaloosas, quarter horses, cross breeds, and one thoroughbred. I think my stable only has one pure thoroughbred. His name is…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Readers' Corner in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@sam-kowal Okay. Took a break for a while there, but I’m back to reading now.
I’ll check out those stories by Chesterton. I like suspense😎
-
Daeus replied to the topic Weird Things People Tell Me 'Cause I'm a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@sam-kowal That synopsis is great. 😀  Where can I read this book? 😛
I’ve taken to just sharing my story premise.
“Oh, my book? It’s about these guys who are trying to steal this thing from the dark lord before he figures out it has the power to release him from his captivity.”
Never mind that description lacks any life whatsoever. They d…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Hello everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@supermonkey42 😀 The dragons of Pen are against your rebellion. Beware.
(That scary dragon isn’t Stan, by the way. He’s the one that looks like a stuffed toy.)
OW! Stan, it was only an expressio—I said, OW!
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Fighting The Block in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper firstly… ice cream.
*piles up barrels and barrels of ice cream in an old DRAGON*
*Flies with Stan to the top of a mystic mountain*
*Flies into the secret base, where all the rebels and heroes are having a party*
*hands out the ice cream*
Secondly… Ugh. I hate feeling disconnected from my book. Because its like… I’m not…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Weird Things People Tell Me 'Cause I'm a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 XD Nice topic. It’s rather fitting for writers, since… ahem… people often tell writers strange things.
XD @kate-flournoy @dragon-snapper I know what you mean. Trying to tell people is like… hard.
The solution I came up with is to have a really simplified and parody-like synopsis all ready, which really isn’t very accurate but…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Contemporary Western Novel in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine 😀 That sounds interesting.
I haven’t read many Westerns, but I would read that.
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Hello everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Well, um… You know, I think I’ve just decided King @daeus isn’t so bad after all. Just forget about The whole rebellion thing. It seems some people don’t approve. *glares at @dragon-snapper and @sam-kowal *
🙂
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Personality Types in the forum Characters 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel 🙂 I’m an ENFJ, or at least that’s what the MBTI told me… although a lot of the percentages were close.
The DISC test gave me an I-C. Too bad there wasn’t a U and then I could be an ‘I see you’
😀 And Stan…
Well, he breaks the tests.
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Readers' Corner in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 😀 Nope. I’m not, but I will probably do so at some point today. I gotta read biology.
If anyone’s looking for a short book to read, by the way, check out Favorite Father Brown Stories by G.K. Chesterton. They’re very suspenseful. -
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Readers' Corner in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel Lol, yes. 😃
K, I’ll look forward to chatting later. 😉
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@mnvalentine I’m going to sign off. Happy writing 😉
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel 😀 Awesome!
I can’t wait to read it.
That’s fine with me that you switched me out as a character. I change characters sometimes too.
Stan and I will be sitting here waiting for it, munching on popcorn and raspberries
-
Joy replied to the topic Readers' Corner in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 Now you get the idea! 😀
I might pick up my history book later. I don’t know though 😉
- Load More
