I don't know what I'm asking…

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Book Discussions I don't know what I'm asking…

Tagged: ,

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Jackson Graham
    @warrioroftherealm
      • Total Posts: 115

@gretald, @bluejay, @writefury, @daeus, @hannah-olsen, @mark-kamibaya, @Sarah-H, @kate-flournoy, @emma-flournoy, @dragon-snapper, @michael-stanton, @aratrea

Any book recommendations? I’m looking for fantasy or historical fiction (or even historical nonfiction) with political intrigue, or just intrigue in general. Or maybe just some clean reads… I don’t know what I’m asking.

Jackson E. Graham

Daeus
      @daeus
        • Total Posts: 4238

@warrioroftherealm Try Rora for historical fiction. It’s a tale of a Waldensian resistance fighter and it has some good political intrigue in it.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Kaya Young
        @kaya-young
          • Total Posts: 272

<p style=”text-align: left;”>@warrioroftherealm AAAHHHH!!! *tells herself to calm down* Read the Kingfountain Books by Jeff Wheeler! They are fantasy and have a fair bit of political intrigue, and are overall very well written, clean, and extremely hard to put down.</p>

The Kingdom has been torn asunder...
          http://www.encircledbygrace.com/

Snapper
          @dragon-snapper
            • Total Posts: 3515

@warrioroftherealm The Ascendance Trilogy by Nielsen.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Rochellaine
            @rochellaine
              • Total Posts: 3322

@warrioroftherealm H. Rider Haggard wrote some amazing books with plenty of intrigue.  I’ve read a couple of his historical fiction ones, but I believe he wrote some fantasy as well.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Joy
              @dekreel
                • Total Posts: 2304

@warrioroftherealm

• The Wingfeather Saga by Andrew Peterson
                • Calico Captive and The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
                • Night by Elie Wiesel
                • A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
                • The Diary of Anne Frank by Anne Frank (non-fiction)
                • Princess Academy by Shannon Hale

(You do know that BlueJay is gone for now……….)

You can pronounce it however you want.

Emma Flournoy
                @emma-flournoy
                  • Total Posts: 1352

@WarrioroftheRealm The Count of Monte Cristo is a good historical fiction, with lots of intrigue though it’s not exactly political in nature.

pickupyourpenandwrite
                  @pickupyourpenandwrite
                    • Total Posts: 37

I know it’s already been said but the Ascendance Triology by Jennifer Neilsen is definitely a worthwhile read.

"Come out from them and be separate says the Lord." 2 Corinthians 6:17

Joy
                    @dekreel
                      • Total Posts: 2304

@warrioroftherealm  GAH! I forgot to mention Les Miserables!! That book is a must

You can pronounce it however you want.

Jenna Terese
                      @jenwriter17
                        • Total Posts: 2522

@warrioroftherealm Well, your tag instantly reminded me of Chuck Black’s trilogy Wars of the Realms. A.W.E.S.O.M.E. Those are kinda contemporary fantasy (the MC can see angels and demons) Black also has two other series; Knights of Arrethtrae and the Kingdom series. Both Christian clean fantasy. I’ve read them prob three times. Great reads.

Another good one is the Merlin’s Spiral series by Robert Trekillard. historical fantasy

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
                        www.jennaterese.com

Kylie
                        @kballen
                          • Total Posts: 65

@warrioroftherealm  Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!!!!!!!!!! I finally get a chance to rant about my favorite books. I will try not to wrote a list a mile long. *takes deep breath to calm down* Ok, I’m good. You should definitely read Harry Potter, and then Percy Jackson, and then The squire tales by Gerald Morris are really good as well.

Harry Potter forever!!!!

Jackson Graham
                          @warrioroftherealm
                            • Total Posts: 115

Wow guys! Thanks for the suggestions! Keep ’em coming!

@dekreel

I’ve listened to Andrew Peterson’s music, and I know that he had a book series, but I haven’t gotten around to reading it yet (writer/reader goals). I read Les Miserables for school and I do have to say, it was LONG, but definitely worth it!

@emma-flournoy

The Count of Monte-Cristo is awesome. @Daeus can attest to this truth.

@jenwriter17

I’ve read Chuck Black’s Kingdom series and Knights of Arrethtrae series—both staples of my fantasy library (besides Tolkien and Lewis, of course). I haven’t read any of his other stuff though. I need to sometime soon!

For anyone else I forgot to mention, I apologize. So. Many. Books.

Jackson E. Graham

GabbyJ
                            @gabbyj
                              • Total Posts: 92

@warrioroftherealm Check out Robert Elmer! He wrote the Promise of Zion series, which is historical fiction about the Jews after WWII, another historical fiction series about Australia (which I haven’t read and I don’t know the title), and a sci fi trilogy called the Shadowside Trilogy (I think).

You might like Brian Davis’ books, too, although I personally didn’t care for them. He’s fantasy.

Frank Peretti’s books are good, too (at least the ones I’ve read; I’ve read most of his books for kids and a few of his books for adults).

Oh, and I stand by @dekreel that the Bronze Bow is definitely worth reading. : )

*Swirls cape menacingly while the Imperial March plays in the background*

GabbyJ
                              @gabbyj
                                • Total Posts: 92

@warrioroftherealm

I almost forgot! War in the Wasteland by Douglas Bond is really good.

*Swirls cape menacingly while the Imperial March plays in the background*

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              >