Personality Types

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Characters Personality Types

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Joy
    @dekreel
      • Total Posts: 2304

It is highly possible there is already a topic just like this… If so, SORRY!

First of all, I know the MBTI test is one of the main things here, and I really want to know more about what some of the letters mean. I remember what they stand for (Extrovert-Introvert, Sensing-Intuition, Thinking-Feeling, Prospecting-Judging), and I know what the E-I and T-F parts mean. but what about the S-N and P-T parts? What are the traits and differences between the two?

The reason I’m asking is because I want to include y’all’s MBTIs on my KPA notes so I understand more about you 🙂

So if anyone who knows a lot about the MBTI will help me, that will be MUCH appreciated 😉

ALSO, I wanted to ask you: Have you ever heard about the DISC personality? It’s the type I know the most about. It’s focused on how people like performing tasks. So basically…

• D’s take charge; they want things done their way. Task-oriented
      • I’s don’t care about the task so much as they care that everyone is having fun. People-oriented.
      • S’s are happy as long as everyone is getting along, and there is no conflict. People-oriented
      • C’s focus on details, and want everything to be exactly right. Task-oriented

D’s and S’s are opposite, and I’s and C’s are opposite. If you want to learn more, look it up. This is a very undetailed description.

As for me, I am an I-S, which means I am primarily an I and an S. Since the I comes first, it’s stronger. (If the S was stronger, I’d be an S-I.)

If you know your DISC type, please tell me! I’ll add it on the KPA as well 🙂

What other kinds of personality types do you like?

@seekjustice
        @skredder  @rochellaine  @jenwriter17  @dragon-snapper  @sam-kowal  @aviantrail  @daughteroftheking  @introvert_girl  @ethryndal

You can pronounce it however you want.

Daeus
      @daeus
        • Total Posts: 4238

@gracie-girl can tell you a lot about J/P. It’s really cool stuff.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Elizabeth
        @that_writer_girl_99
          • Total Posts: 1819

Don’t forget about @kate-flournoy, @daeus.

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

NC Stokes
          @daughteroftheking
            • Total Posts: 1156

@dekreel *WARNING* The MBTI superheroes of KP are going to descend upon you like a flock of hungry raspberries. You have been warned. 😛

Anyway, DISC types seem interesting. I should look into them for my characters! There’s another personality type thing that my mom told me about. It’s basically four different groups of personalities represented by animals. There’s the beavers: they like to get things done and organize wherever they can. The otters: they love people and want to have fun. The golden retrievers: they care deeply about people and want everyone to get along. The lions: they want to lead people.

Now, that may to super inaccurate as it’s been a while since I heard the details, but that’s the gist of it. 🙂

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Alia
            @alia
              • Total Posts: 1253

@dekreel, Hello from a 95% INTP.

I’ve never heard of DISC, *internally screaming for joy at a new subject*

one way my sister describes MBTI is like this.

E and I describe how you get your energy

– E is with people while I is by yourself

S and N describe how you take in information

– S is trusting your gut while N is trusting past experiences

F and T describes how you relate

– F is relating through feelings while T is through thinking it out

P and J describe how you see the world

– P how you imagine the world should be while J is a bit more critical

I don’t know if this was exactly what you were wanting, but it’s the best I could do. @charisetter is the MBTI expert in my house

WIP - Decisions
              Kapeefer til we're old and grey

Alia
              @alia

@daughteroftheking, @dekreel, have y’all ever heard of the true colors personality test?

True Colors Personality Test

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Alia.

WIP - Decisions

Jenna Terese
                @jenwriter17
                  • Total Posts: 2522

@dekreel

Maybe this pic would help explain the letters of the myers briggs test. I’m an INFJ I think.

As for this DISC test, I think I may be a C-S.

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
                  www.jennaterese.com

Joy
                  @dekreel

@daughteroftheking  Actually those animals are examples for the DISC personality! Lions are D’s, Otters are I’s, Golden Retrievers are I’s, and Beavers are C’s

@alia
                      Ohhh, thanks! That helps a lot! I have not heard of the true colors test. For some reason it wouldn’t let me take it…

@jenwriter17
                      Ahh, that perfect 🙂

NC Stokes
                    @daughteroftheking
                      • Total Posts: 1156

@alia That’s a neat system! I tried it for my MC, and she’s a green. 😀

@dekreel
                      Oh, that’s cool! I see how they line up now.

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Joy
                      @dekreel

@alia  Ahh, okay. I just took the color test, and I’m a blue. I’m not surprised XD

Alia
                        @alia

@dekreel, glad to be of service. I’m an orange/green. oh, and my DISC is D-C.

@daughteroftheking
                          , my sister found it about three or four years ago and I had quite forgotten about it until this thread

WIP - Decisions

introvert_girl
                          @introvert_girl
                            • Total Posts: 153

@dekreel I’ve been meaning to look into the DISC thing for awhile, but as of now I don’t know what I am.
                            But I know I’m an INFP through and through. (You’re probably shocked as I know there aren’t many INFPs around these parts *cough cough*) 😉

And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace.

Skredder
                            @skredder
                              • Total Posts: 527

@dekreel I’ve never heard of the DISC thing before, but after looking at it I think I’m C-S and with the color thing I am Gold. And I’m definitely an ISFJ with a little bit of ISTJ as well.

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Sam Kowal
                              @sam-kowal
                                • Total Posts: 635

@dekreel 🙂 I’m an ENFJ, or at least that’s what the MBTI told me… although a lot of the percentages were close.

The DISC test gave me an I-C.  Too bad there wasn’t a U and then I could be an ‘I see you’

😀 And Stan…

Well, he breaks the tests.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Sam Kowal.

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
                                Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

itisastarrynight
                                @itisastarrynight
                                  • Total Posts: 134

For learning more about the functions and etc, I strongly recommend the website personalitygrowth
                                  They have articles explaining the different types of sensing, intuition, etc. and I think they do a wonderful job.

I can't believe it's not butter!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >