@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic What's the best book you've read recently? in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
I can’t stop thinking about this book I read a few weeks ago.
<i>Scythe, </i>by Neal Shusterman. I’m not gonna give any spoilers plot-wise, but suffice it to say that this book has amazing worldbuilding, the character development is really well done, and the overall concept of the book isn’t at all what I expected it to be–it’s better.
This…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Norse Mythology Short Story in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
Yep, Slytherin and proud. 😉
Okay, so it sounds like you’ve got all your plot events in order, but what I haven’t heard you mention are the characters. What motivates the characters to go through with this? What are they trying to learn? Have you thought about that at all?
-
ClaireC replied to the topic In Honor of Valentine's Day… in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine, right, that makes sense! 😀 I thought it was a little…um…unusual.
Also, totally agree with your description of how a man or woman is ready for marriage. This would be our family’s thoughts too.
And yes, yes, yes! You are 100% right! A woman’s highest calling is being a wife and mother! I’m tired of people talking about women’s…[Read more]
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Scrivener… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@gh24682468999, Oh no! Timing can be a bit of a nuisance with live stuff, hey?
-
Jenna Terese and
SeekJustice are now friends 8 years, 7 months ago -
Audrey Caylin and
SeekJustice are now friends 8 years, 7 months ago -
SeekJustice replied to the topic In Honor of Valentine's Day… in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@jenwriter17 Quillon is one of my favourites 🙂
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic In Honor of Valentine's Day… in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@clairec uhh….*starts to sweat furiously* Not sure. It was a long time ago. But I am definitely now going to go and reread A Little Bush Maid and see if I can track down a hardcopy of the others.
Ha, I’ve always liked Joseph a lot, but I’m not sure if I would say I had a crush on him, just that I really like him and look up to…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Hi, I'm Ari! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@Ariella-newheart Oh cool! You’re exactly right I’m from Middle-Earth (or from Australia, take your pick ;P)
-
Joy replied to the topic How many characters is too many? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@ariella-newheart Good question! I have struggled with the exact same thing in my KPA (that’s Kapeefer Adventure, sort of like the LOKD). I guess it depends on the series: How long it is, and when and where your MC(s) are traveling. If you have to put in all your recurring characters, you could either alter the characters so they fit each scene,…[Read more]
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
-
Joy replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@jenwriter17Â Probably not tomorrow, but I should be available on the weekend
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Sorry, I’m getting a lot of work under my belt (ever think what a weird expression that is), at the moment, but I’ll be writing a bit tomorrow. 🙂
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel aw, sorry I can’t join you this time (seems like we keep missing each other huh?) do you think you’re gonna be on tomorrow or the weekend?
-
Joy replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine @seekjustice @clairec @dragon-snapper @jenwriter17 @aislinn-mollisong
*peeks in*Â Anyone still here?
-
Joy replied to the topic What's the best book you've read recently? in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@kaya-young Good topic idea! Let’s see…. The most recent thing I can think of is Shakespeare’s play, Richard III. I haven’t read Act 5, though, so no spoilers X)
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine okay, I like that name 🙂
I really like the title Ticket to Blueberria.
I really like your first lines. Maybe you could do it like this: once there was a boy who loved blueberries. At least, he thought he did. Oliver had never tasted one in his life. That way the MC’s name is established early, and you get to keep that awesome f…[Read more]
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Hi, I'm Ari! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel, 😀
@ariella-newheart, We have a few animals and animal friends on here. @mariposa has a dinosaur, who I’m sure she’d love to introduce you to. 🙂
Speaking of which… @dragon-snapper, with @mariposa ‘s permission, can we have Aberdeen the Authorosarus in the LOKD?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic What's the best book you've read recently? in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@kaya-young wow, this books sounds cool! *goes to check it out on Goodreads*
most of my reading lately has been for school, but…..
I just finished A Time to Die, by Nadine Brandes. (warning: mild spoilers!!!) Everyone (in the USE-United States of the East) has a clock that tells them exactly when they’re going to die. It’s not like I was…[Read more]
-
ClaireC replied to the topic In Honor of Valentine's Day… in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine, Yep! The books are your true family. 😀
Also, I quite curious now. You guys have a specific age that you call marriageable age? What is it? We don’t have a specific plan, although I do know that I don’t want to date, looking for ‘the one’. I’m just waiting for God to bring me the right person in His perfect timing. 🙂
Please don’t…[Read more]
- Load More
