@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Strong Christian Women in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 6 months ago
@kaya-young @skredder @jane-mare @ariella-newheart @notawriter @seekjustice @everyone
I read the fourth chapter of Esther….
I think it was really sweet how much concern Esther showed for Mordecai when he was wearing the sackcloth and mourning about what was going to happen to her people. She sent him clothes so he didn’t have to wear the…[Read more]
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Writing Prompts in the forum Art 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Wow. I currently have Jules Verne ranked as my fifth favorite author, but I’ve definitely never read that. Sounds disappointing.
I mean, if you want ultra-realistic, there you go, but that seems like too much. 🙂
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Writing Prompts in the forum Art 8 years, 6 months ago
@sam-kowal Those are all very intriguing…and I just happen to be ending my current WIP, so I have a feeling that my next hero might be a bit different than usual…
@rochellaine Okay, I have to ask, which Jules Verne novel would that be?
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Encouragement Thread in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Writing Prompts in the forum Art 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine There’s definitely room for that, too. In fact, it would be depressing if every story ended with the hero not solving the problems, but at the same time, I would love to read about it a little bit.
XD 😀 Yeah. It’s tough, with an MC like that in realistic fiction- you can’t just have her want to free her people, or become the next…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Writing Prompts in the forum Art 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine I understand the problem XD. It’s a compelling prompt, because it’s very real. There’s rarely ever a ‘bad guy’ who wants to destroy the world, and a perfect hero who wants to save it.
@supermonkey42 *joins rant*
I have to agree with you, that the ‘good guy, bad guy’ conflict can sometimes be frustrating. Of course, it’s very simple,…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dekreel 😀 Great installment. I just had to be careful how much I realted to Stan, because as a dragon he’s aware that he should be one of the creatures capable of flying up to get a GIF… but his wings are still rather small
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic What's Your WIP? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine *Tries to cheer you up*
It’s okay. Stan would like to tell you he doesn’t write fantasy either. He writes realistic fiction.
Unfortunately, because Stan is fantasy, his realistic fiction with him as the main character still comes across as fantasy…. MWAHAHAHAHA 😀 😀 😛
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic What's Your WIP? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien :D. I need to read Wingfeather, but until then…Narnia: (book 2)
Four kids become king and queen of a park full of endangered creatures by order of an escaped zoo animal, who crowns them because they offended a lady who loves winter so much she could have gotten a business deal with The North Face, but also hates Christmas…[Read more]
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Oh, and here’s your Compendium link:
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dekreel They do seem to be getting even better somehow. 🙂
…
Wow. If I ever somehow develop an allergy to cow milk, I will refer to this thread for information. 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine I have to leave you now, and you should probably get to bed! I’ll talk tomorrow if you’re around!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Well, yes, but I can’t tell that. As far as I’m concerned there is no such thing as an Australian accent. It’s called talking normally 😛
What about the Mull of Kintyre (I think that’s correctly spelt).
I’ve heard Danny Boy, I think, but I’m not sure about the others. Have you ever heard of Daniel O’Donnell?? He’s an Irish singer…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I don’t have a future career in either, but I love doing both!
Not really. Sometimes I do, I like Scottish/Irish music, but they don’t usually have lyrics, or at least, the lyrics are hard to understand and more part of the music, like in Riverdance. But sometimes my dad likes to get out all the Scottish songs and he is really…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Well, if we’re counting church plays, I have actually been in one, which a member of our church wrote a whole lot of us put on for the community. I was Elsa the Doll (as in Elsa from Frozen), but I only actually had a speaking role because my friend (who would make a really good Elsa as she’s tall, thin and blonde) backed out, so I e…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine I sometimes talk in German for no particular reason :D.
I don’t think I’ve ever been in a play…nope, I’ve never been in a play. In a lot of ballets though, as a Scottish dancer (don’t question it), The Nutcracker, Arabian Nights, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Beauty and the Beast, Coppelia…
It does look very cool, but it’s…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
It looks so cool! I haven’t actually got around to looking for the original yet, but the Goodman Theatre (I’ve never even heard of Goodman Theatre before) looks awesome. I also saw a school production of Bonnie Jean, but they weren’t highland dancing, I’ve no idea what it was, but it wasn’t highland dancing.
I haven’t listened to…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Interesting! I’ve never heard of it though, and it might not be available in Australia.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dekreel awesome as usual, girly 😉 <3
I agree with the lameness of soy ice cream….
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dekreel Goodbye, see you tomorrow!
- Load More
