The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 416 total)
  • Author
    Skredder
    @skredder
      • Total Posts: 527

@dekreel This is brilliant! I love it! 😀

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Joy
      @dekreel
        • Total Posts: 2304

@skredder  Thank you!! How do you like your role? 😉

You can pronounce it however you want.

Rochellaine
        @rochellaine
          • Total Posts: 3322

@seekjustice I think goat’s milk itself tastes horrible.  🙂  My sister, who is way more allergic to cow’s milk than I am, likes goat’s milk, but most of the people in our family groan when it comes into view.

@dekreel
          Actually you can’t taste or smell the goat milk at all in the ice cream we get, which is much more than I can say for some coconut and soy ice cream that I’ve tried.  😀  The last time I tried a bite of regular ice cream I decided it didn’t taste as good as the goat milk kind. 🙂

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Catwing
          @catwing
            • Total Posts: 2557

@dekreel Though am I snarky?
            Yeah. But my imagination said a yard was as tall as person for two seconds. 😛 One yard = three feet *facepalm* *facepalm* Then I rescaled and my wings were massive. *laughs imagining having 3 yard wingspan*
            I have my opinions. *nods sagely*

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

SeekJustice
            @seekjustice
              • Total Posts: 3365

@rochellaine @dekreel

Well, I wouldn’t ever say coconut ice cream actually tastes like ice cream, but I do like the taste of it.

For what reason are you allergic to cows milk but not goats?

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Skredder
              @skredder

@dekreel I loved it! I thought  it was perfect! 🙂

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Rochellaine
                @rochellaine

@seekjustice No idea.  But apparently a lot of people who are allergic to cow’s milk can eat/drink goat’s milk without any problems.  Same thing with eggs.  Two of my sisters are allergic to chicken eggs, but they eat duck eggs instead. 🙂

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Skredder
                  @skredder

@rochellaine @seekjustice If I remember properly, some people are allergic to the protein strand in cows milk which is different from that of other milk producing animals. There is a species of cow that has a different type of protein strand that is easier for people to digest that are allergic to cows milk. My mother and sister have a mild case of this.

SeekJustice
                    @seekjustice

@rochellaine @skredder

Hmm, that’s interesting! I can drink A2 milk (which I think is what you’re talking about the different proteins) even though it still has some lactose, I just can’t drink a lot.

I think I have heard of the goat/cow milk, but I’d never heard of the duck/chicken eggs.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Jenna Terese
                      @jenwriter17
                        • Total Posts: 2522

@dekreel awesome as usual, girly 😉 <3

I agree with the lameness of soy ice cream….

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
                        www.jennaterese.com

Rochellaine
                        @rochellaine

@skredder Okay, that makes sense. 🙂  Thanks for the info!  I hadn’t heard about the different kinds of cows, but my mom’s always wondered if we’d be less allergic to non-processed milk.  We’ve never been able to try it out, though, since our schedule isn’t regular enough for us to own any milking animals. 🙁

@seekjustice
                          If you are interested, the brand of ice cream we get is LaLoo’s goat milk ice cream.  We order it online, and it comes packed with dry ice. 😀  My favorite kind is the rumplemint.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                          @seekjustice

@rochellaine Interesting! I’ve never heard of it though, and it might not be available in Australia.

SleepwalkingMK
                            @sleepwalkingmk
                              • Total Posts: 179

[quote quote=66606]“What do you like to write?” Oh, no, <i>that</i> question. She sighed a little. “Umm… several things, I guess.”[/quote]

Oh, so relatable. *waves both hands in the air* You’re not alone, Jenna! *sighs* *rolls eyes at my own protagonist*

@dekreel
                              Amazing as always! It’s so hilarious and sweet 😀

Read to explore worlds, write to create them.

Ben Powell
                              @supermonkey42
                                • Total Posts: 273

@dekreel They do seem to be getting even better somehow. 🙂

Wow. If I ever somehow develop an allergy to cow milk, I will refer to this thread for information. 😀

A Kapeefer for life!
                                Compendium of KP Literature: kapeeferliterature.wordpress.com

Ben Powell
                                @supermonkey42
                                  • Total Posts: 273

Oh, and here’s your Compendium link:

https://kapeeferliterature.wordpress.com/2018/03/14/the-writerly-adventures-of-jenna-trapperton-the-gif-hiders-part-7/

@dekreel

A Kapeefer for life!
                                  Compendium of KP Literature: kapeeferliterature.wordpress.com

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 416 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >