-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Word Lists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus oh! Ha— no. I don’t think anything could ever do that. But I do want to get this batch of ideas out of the way at the very least.
I know. *dramatic sigh* I’m such a desperate, dangerous person. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Word Lists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus what don’t I mean?
And honestly I don’t know. I’m so desperate I’m going to try outlining to see if it’ll speed up the process. 😛
I tend to set myself impossible goals, in case you hadn’t noticed. *hysterical laughter* -
BlueJay replied to the topic Word Lists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@c-c-lane. Looks like it’s just you an me for the moment. But here’s the list anyway.
briefcase
fierce
believe
weight
weirdest
beige
experiment
completely
politely
perfume
preserve
recruit
biscuit
lieutenant
thirtieth
doesn’t
through
manoeuvre
gauge
decision(And to tag a few others @daeus, @anna-brie, @rolena-hatfield, @sarah-h @writefury, @ivy-r…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Characterization study in the forum Characters 10 years, 3 months ago
Sounds like an awesome idea. Not sure I’ll have a heap of time, but hey, who knows. Count me in.
@daeus -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Characterization study in the forum Characters 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus hm, okay… ‘is cheerful, tugs on sleeve-cuffs; fascinating’?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Characterization study in the forum Characters 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus ah… I get it. Wow, this is going to be so fun. I don’t know how steadily I’ll be able to do this, but I’ll definitely jot down anything I can.
Just to make sure I actually do get it, say someone walks in the door. I notice that they’re always tugging on their sleeve-cuffs, so I jot down ‘Tugs on sleeve-cuffs; fascinating’? Is that it?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Characterization study in the forum Characters 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus ah… I get it. Wow, this is going to be so fun. I don’t know how steadily I’ll be able to do this, but I’ll definitely jot down anything I can.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Word Lists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Hm… this does sound like an interesting challenge. But unfortunately I probably wouldn’t be able to do it— I write only in the evenings and all day Saturday, and I have an eleven book series and a steampunk/scifi and several other novels to write before I’m twenty… 😛 Actually the goal is write before I’m married, which to the best of my…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Characterization study in the forum Characters 10 years, 3 months ago
Wow, this sounds fun! I do this mentally anyway, but I’m sure I could find a notebook somewhere… and since our cabin business brings different people to our door every day, I’m all set! 😀 I don’t know how often I’ll remember to make physical note of it, but I’ll try.
Just to be clear, we can take any personality/personality trait we find and…[Read more]
-
BlueJay started the topic Word Lists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
I have an idea and as it is for you guys, I thought I’d found out if anyone is for it before I start. My sister does this spelling book, were she has a list of twenty words. As one of her projects she has to write something (generally a paragraph or two) using as many words as possible. The words are pretty random and sometimes impossible to work…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Overcomer oooh I want the rest of the story. I love how you used the leaves— masterful use of imagery there.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Winter-Rose that is awesome! And now you feel like crashing, right? 😉
-
BlueJay replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@daeus, @kate-flournoy Yay! Now I know how to grow mushrooms. But there’s even an easier way. Let the weather do it. Sun + rain = mushroom. And big ones too. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus ah. That’s pretty neat. I’ll definitely store that info away. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus ‘sterile’? Uh… how does one sterilize sawdust?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus I haven’t. Truth be told, though I love gardening, I don’t have the fascination with it it would take to keep me going. I help with our family garden, of course, but I’ve never actually gone out on a limb and tried growing something by myself. How does one grow mushrooms? Just… scatter their spores (is that the correct term? Mushrooms…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Ha! @Daeus that’s hilarious. And that’s quite an idea… it would explain why I’m the only person in my family wildly crazy about mushrooms. 😉
Then again, how would one explain a change in taste? Because mushrooms used to be my deadliest enemy. 😛You don’t like raw tomatoes??????? *gapes*
That’s terrible. You mustn’t ever have eaten real…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@His-Instrument hahahaha TOTALLY.
You know you’re a writer when it drives you insane to read ‘strongness’ instead of ‘strength’, or ‘validness’ instead of ‘validity’.
You also know you’re a writer if you deliberately smack your hand with the handle of a paintbrush, then inspect the ensuing welt with great interest.
Aaaand you know you’re a…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic I have a blog… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@belegteleri I followed you!
I have a blog, too at writingandblog.wordpress.com.
- Load More
