-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Introducing Myself… in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
Welcome, @r-e-p…about a week late. *winces* I’m not on here as much as I used to be. And yes! I am not longer the oldest person on here. 😉 I’m 22…I think there are two or three older writers on the forum, but not many. 😀
-
Greta replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
@sarah-h
Oh, October Baby is really good. I haven’t seen it in a while, but I remember liking it a lot. 🙂 Have you seen Courageous, Fireproof, War Room, and Facing the Giants? Those are the same sort of movies as October Baby, and they’re all really great movies. OH MY GOODNESS, I KNOW! Prince of Egypt is one of the best animated movies I…[Read more] -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
I love Mr. Smith goes to Washington too, @emma-flournoy. Then there is the Princess Bride. And I love Pixar’s A Bug’s Life. I love most of Pixar’s movies, except Brave and then The Good Dinosaur. That one was just weird. I also really like Epic…the movie with the little forest people and such. Has anyone seen that? So cute.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
@Anne-Swiftblade hey, you like a lot of our favorites. 😀 BBC Pride and Prejudice… Seven Brides for Seven Brothers… Court Jester… we like all of those. Not to mention It’s a Wonderful Life and Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, which we already brought up…
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
@Anne-Swiftblade hey, you like a lot of our favorites. 😀 BBC Pride and Prejudice… Seven Brides for Seven Brothers… Court Jester… we like all of those.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper yi—!! Oh wait. 😛 Still though, that’s quite a bit. Good job.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Daeus that’s great. I got 651 words— not stunning, but not too bad either. Besides I’m working on a scene I really like, so I’m having fun at the same time. 😉 More fun than usual, that is. Funny how some scenes are like that.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic The Gray Havens: Music and Storytelling in the forum Music 9 years, 11 months ago
@christi-eaton Ooo, I love The Ghost of a King! And Sirens too, though I need to watch it more closely because I’ve only caught bits and pieces since I was working while listening to it.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Daeus me too.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Gray Havens: Music and Storytelling in the forum Music 9 years, 11 months ago
@Christi-Eaton wow, I don’t usually go for this type of music but after the first line of Ghost of a King I was so stuck in the story I didn’t even notice. And did you listen to Train Station? Aw man… I may have to write a short story based off that one.
So— strong points of storytelling I noticed in Ghost of a King specifically. One, they…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
@Rolena-Hatfield Rigoletto!! Yes! I love that one!
-
Greta and
Alia are now friends 9 years, 11 months ago -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
JUST ONE???!! *holds head, groans* @Mark-Kamibaya um… can I pick twenty? What?! Why not??
Oh dear… okay… hm. I really like It’s a Wonderful Life. For flat-out timeless, that’s probably on the top of my list. There are others I really love, but that one never gets old. -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Help Me, Help You, Help…er…The World? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Michael-Stanton undoubtedly the forum and the home page. I just keep both separately open in my browser and reload the page as necessary.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien yes, I’m afraid I have a reputation for turning very respectable people into nutcases… *sigh* I don’t mean to. It just… happens.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
Just one favorite movie? I like a number of movies. Inkheart is one I really like because of the writer’s humor and the whole idea of meeting characters. I really like Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit movies too because…Middle Earth.
I like TV shows too. Sherlock is one of my favorites, because of all the hints and foreshadowing and yet you…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic New Game! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@sarah-h
It really is horrible. I wouldn’t recommend it at all. 😛 I honestly don’t know whether it was raw or not, and I’m not sure I want to know. XD
@clairec
Oh, cool! I’ve never been to Texas. You should come to Ohio next time and visit me! 🙂 Well, not if you’re looking for a lot to do. Ohio has a lot of corn fields, and it’s a very…[Read more] -
Greta replied to the topic Hi. in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
@sarah-h
Ohh, I haven’t read “Much Ado About Nothing” in a while, but I remember really loving it. It’s a comedy, so it’s a bit more light-hearted than some of his other plays (unlike Macbeth and the other tragedies). 🙂 I remember that there are a bunch of pranks and tricks that the characters play on each other. The title really says it…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic What Going Out West Taught Me About Writing in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Anna-Brie ha! Yes, I have— I didn’t remember that until just now. 😀
Come to think of it, I guess that wasn’t an observation so much as it was… philosophy. Hm. Is there a difference?
-
Greta replied to the topic Good Morning (in all the ways at once I suppose:)) in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
Sorry, got the tag wrong. @rebelutoinary
- Load More
