Introducing Myself…

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Introducing Myself…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Racheal
    @r-e-p
      • Total Posts: 14

Hello. 🙂 Introductions on the websphere can be a little awkward…but oh well.
      Howdy. Name’s Racheal. I’m 25 (just); a little older than the targeted age bracket of this here site, but happy to be here thanks to the management’s graciousness.

I’m a wee bit of scribbler, but I suppose that’s obvious. I haven’t done much recently actually, but I can blame that on being afflicted with Lyme disease and mold issues. I can blame a lot on that if you really want to know the truth. I get tired of always tacking that on to my introductions, but it’s very much who I am at this point my life…a young woman with a brain often foggy and incoherent, in addition to things like weird burning pains in my palms, arthritis (yes, I’m serious), and stomach pains that can get rather acute.
      Now, less you think I’m asking for pity, I’m not. Just stating facts in order to explain why I write very sporadically and often don’t make entire sense when I try to converse. In other words, don’t mind me if I end up putting my foot in my mouth. 😉

Okay, on to the rest of me. I’m short, I drink coffee (black, no cream at all, if you please), love chocolate, music (I play a number of instruments more or less), and am a cat lover. Furthermore, I am first and foremost a Christian (Reformed Presbyterian if that makes any difference to anyone), secondly, an Army-brat (despite the fact my dad has been retired for over a decade), a lover of history (I’m a reenactor; yes, one of those nuts), a very small time filmmaker, and I do enjoy good literature (historical fiction is my favorite) and good movies. Oh, and lest I forget to mention it–I love to laugh and make others laugh! (Which is why I always try to insert a little humor into my stories…)

So…nice to meet y’all!
      ~Racheal

Kate Flournoy
      @kate-flournoy
        • Total Posts: 3976

Welcome to the bestestist place on the internet, @R-E-P! Glad to have you here, even if you are a little older than the rest of us. 😉
        What genre do you write? Historical fiction?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Kate Flournoy.
        Daeus
        @daeus
          • Total Posts: 4238

Howdy, Racheal. Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet.

Love all your hobby choices. Well… except coffee. Yes, I’m just one of those deniers. *sags shoulders*

By the way, your last name doesn’t happen to be Turley, does it? You just happen to sound like somebody I kinda sorta know-ish with that last name.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Racheal
          @r-e-p

Hi, Kate! (haven’t gotten the tag thing figured out yet) That’s an interesting question, really. I’ve mainly written short stories that verge on fantasy, but with a more historical and less fantastical flair to them. I have a dystopian novel in the works (me, who has neither read nor watched a dystopia. Ever.) I also have a HUGE historical fiction project in the quay…actually began that first a couple of years ago, but it’s kind of stalled for various reasons. I’d love to continue down the path of historical fiction for sure.

Thank you, Daeus. No, last name’s Parker. I’ve been drinking coffee straight since I was 12, so yeah. I don’t kid non-coffee drinker’s though, so no fear on that front. 🙂

Jess
            @jess
              • Total Posts: 575

@r-e-p Hi and Welcome! tags alert the person you want, made with an @ sign. Most people’s tags are the same as their name, for example: mine is @jess. Others, like Mallory, are different: @overcomer. Sort of like twitter. You can click on a person’s pic and their “handle” will be right under their name. I understand about the Lymes and mold. I had a friend with severe mold allergies and lymes. It’s not fun 🙁 Hopefully you will be feeling better!

Sarah Hoven
              @sarah-h
                • Total Posts: 669

@r-e-p Hi Racheal! I like the way you spell your name. Historical fiction is awesome! What is your favorite historical fiction book/series? What is your favorite time period to read about? My favoritest favorite series is The Zion Chronicles by Bodie Thoene, and it’s about the birth of Israel. Oh dear, I’m sorry to hear you have so many health troubles. I’ll be praying for you. 🙂 History is my favorite subject. What is your favorite event/time period to study? What is your current historical WIP about?

Snapper
                @dragon-snapper
                  • Total Posts: 3515

Aloha @R-E-P !
                  Welcome to a new internet realm, full of dragons, cloaked writers, unicorns, and many more! I myself fall under the dragon category, a rare type of snapping dragon who writes way more than she reads. Short stories…as much as I love them, I can never seem to write some myself. Every time I try to write a short story, it ends up being way to long or way to short. I’ve only succeeded in writing short stories 4 or 5 times.
                  And coffee, yum!!!
                  -Dragon Snapper-

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Racheal
                  @r-e-p

@jess Thanks for the explanation! 🙂 I’m ignorant of how Twitter functions as I never gave a hoot about it anyway, so double thanks.

@sarah-h
                    Hehee, thanks. 🙂 Dear me. That’s some question and one that I really can’t answer. (I never could answer favorite book questions.) However, The Midshipman Quinn books by Showell Styles are launching favorite scenes at me from the depths of my mind, so I can honestly say that I quite enjoy those. I have always preferred books marketed towards boys…
                    Well, I have three favorite time periods: American War for Independence, War Between the States (aka the Civil War), and WWII. Anyway, I mainly study (when I’m up to it) the WBtS as I’m trying to become an “expert”. In fact, my filmmaking is really documentary making and both my completed and very pre-production docs are set during that period. My WIP (research/roughest of rough draft stage) is set during the Reconstruction Era from 1865-1875 in South Carolina. I haven’t touched it in quite a while, but I’ve never quite abandoned it either.

Grace W.
                    @rebelutoinary
                      • Total Posts: 32

@@r-e-p My heart goes out to you! I, too, have been battling Lyme/Toxic Black Mold (With Multiple Chemical Sensitivity mixed in). I would love to connect more! Toxic Black Mold is such a not commonly known sickness. I actually recently started a blog on both the practical things about it that I have learned, and the faith things: romans535blog.wordpress.com.

(@jess too)

Grace W.
                      @rebelutoinary
                        • Total Posts: 32

@sarah-h I really like that series too!

@r-e-p
                        Your novel sounds really cool. 🙂 I like that setting!

Ingrid
                        @ingridrd
                          • Total Posts: 830

Howdy and welcome, @r-e-p! So glad you joined. 🙂
                          I must ask about your profile picture…are you holding a really long rifle, or am I not seeing that right???

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Emma Flournoy
                          @emma-flournoy
                            • Total Posts: 1352

@r-e-p

Welcome to Kingdom Pen! *waves*

I’m so sorry to hear of your sickness; I hope you’ll get better. 🙂

Christine Eaton
                            @christi-eaton
                              • Total Posts: 306

Welcome, new KeePer!!! I’m so glad more and more are joining this fair Kingdom! 🙂

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

Racheal
                              @r-e-p

@dragon-snapper Sounds very interesting…a snapping dragon! 🙂 Thanks for the welcome. I guess I will have to learn more about all this interesting internet realm to see what category I might fall into.

@rebelutoinary
                                Sarah, the chemical sensitives sound awful familiar too! I have started referring to my Lyme/co-infections, mold, etc as “The Soup”. I’m sorry that you struggle with this too! I’ll be checking out your blog. Funny as it sounds, it’s always encouraging to meet others with the same issues (my whole family has “The Soup”). How long have you been dealing with it? I’ve been treating for Lyme for almost three years now and started working on the mold this year. Praise the Lord I’m feeling better now than at this time last year!

@ingridrd
                                Yes, it is a really long rifle! A friend of mine brought it over for the big shoot we had on Independence Day and let me get my hands on it. It’s soo long that I couldn’t shoulder it properly, so I’m actually glad that there wasn’t the opportunity to live fire–because I may have just had to have tried…

@emma-flournoy
                                and @christi-eaton Thanks! 🙂

Rolena Hatfield
                                @rolena-hatfield
                                  • Total Posts: 405

Hello Racheal! So happy to have you here! My mother’s maiden name was Parker! (Perhaps we’re very distant cousins 🙂 ) I’m kind of gettin the impression that you’re a country girl :p Your profile pic looks very much like my backyard. What’s you’re favorite part about the country?

https://rolenahatfield.com/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >