-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Hope yeah, I guess I didn’t literally mean afraid— they just don’t like it. It frustrates them and breaks a hole in their world of graphs and lines and cold white building-blocks, though @Daeus just explained why that doesn’t have to be so… 😀
@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise what exactly do you need insight on? INFP’s crying habits? 😛 Well we’re…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Guysssssssssss *wails* I get home from church and get 38 emails…almost all of them from this thread. *pouts* I can’t keep up with you all.
And now, @Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise, @Kate-flournoy, @Jess, on to INTJs.
Kate is pretty much right. The logic. The suppressing emotions and not showing it because it’s ‘just’ a feeling and isn’t what…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper well, you might say it’s become a hobby of mine. My type (INFP) is really into psychology and stuff, and we love people and figuring out what makes them tick, so it came naturally to me, I guess. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise *pounces on offer with squeal of glee* YES!!!
*ahem* The INTJ. As Introverts, they are more reserved than otherwise, and as iNtuitives they deal in truths and concepts rather than facts and formulas, making them more visionary than practical. As Thinkers they are detached and logical; less people-oriented and more in…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise yes, it’s possible for any of the four functions that make up a type to be very close with their opposite function— you’re probably only T by a very small percent.
@Dragon-Snapper YES! *fist-pump* Called it. *huge grin* ENFJs are fun. It’s possible you are extroverted only by a small margin, which would explain your…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise yes, it’s possible for any of the four functions that make up a type to be very close with their opposite function— you’re probably only T by a very small percent.
@Dragon-Snapper YES! *fist-pump* Called it. *huge grin* ENFJs are fun. It’s possible you are extroverted only by a small margin, which would explain your…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise oh my word!!! That’s… wow. That’s morbid. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Wow, you guys… I love this forum.
@Dragon-Snapper take the test. Here it is. It’s fascinating. If I had to guess, I’d put you down as either ENFJ or ENTJ. @Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise is an ENTJ, and @Daeus and @Bluejay are ENFJs, so either way you’re in good company. 😉 And I know EXACTLY what you mean about mimicking character expressions— I’ve…[Read more] -
Hope Ann replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
No, I don’t @kate-flournoy, and I’m jealous of you. Well, sometimes I slip into the character’s mind or put myself in their place to figure out what they would do. But generally I am very much the one writing. Well, I take that back; it depends on the character. I connect more closely with some and get in their heads better than with others.…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@overcomer Just so you know, I’m no longer writing. Can’t concentrate. I’ll try again tomorrow.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise Haha
@daeus No ice creams either. Remember, we don’t won’t to be nursing sick tummies all the time…maybe just learn self-control. One ice cream per person. 🙂 -
BlueJay replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@daeus WAIT!!!! You just became a doctor too. Welcome aboard. NOTE: No giving chocolates out to patients without checking with me first. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@deaus WAIT!!!! You just became a doctor too. Welcome aboard. NOTE: No giving chocolates out to patients without checking with me first. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@overcomer I can write on and off too. But I feel that my word score will be very low if not zero. I just watched a very VERY sad movie and I’m not sure I’ll be able to concentrate. I’ll see.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper cuz I can too. *wiggles eyebrows* Fun, isn’t it?
Between INFP and INTJ? Ooh boy… simplified? *wails* @HOPE! HELP ME!!! Okay, okay… *decides to dump a bunch of type-summary on you rather than try and be simplified about an actual explanation* INTJs are: architects, masterminds, imaginative strategists, and the most…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
I’m an INFP, by the way, for those of you who didn’t know. The difference between an NF writer and an NT writer is that NTs are great with ideas, and NFs are great with people. So yes, NTs are more plot focused, and NFs are more character focused. Great observation, Jess.
INTJs have emotions, but it’s not their primary function, whereas with an…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Wow guys, what a discussion going on here. 😀 I shall add my two cent’s worth in a moment, but first, there is a very important matter I must attend to. *pushes spectacles severely up bridge of nose*
@Dragon-Snapper. Can you or can you not breathe like Gollum does.Now that that’s out of the way… have any of you guys noticed that we’re all…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@dragon-snapper Great! And thanks. I only have 500 words left!
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@dragon-snapper I can get 500 words done in 20-30 minutes if I focus. Like I currently am not doing. But I’m 500 more along, hence this quick ‘break’. Now, back to work.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@dragon-snapper Yep, still here. 1000 words down, 2000 to go. 🙂
- Load More
