-
Hope Ann replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Ethryndal I don’t generally do that, but sometimes I’ll take what is happening and use it to make a scene more realistic. Like once I was in charge of the house while Mom and Dad were gone overnight, and all the creaking through the night freaked me out, then I used the emotions from that ‘scene’ in a similar scene in a book where a princess is…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@The-Bean huh. That’s really cool.
-
Kate Flournoy started the topic Writer's Cramp in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
I haven’t started a topic in forever guys… I know I’ve not been on here much. I haven’t abandoned you, I promise. Life though. 😛
I just wanted to take a minute to talk about a not-so-pretty-nor-poetic aspect of the writerly way— writer’s cramp. I’ve struggled with this myself ever since I wrote my first four books out by hand in spiral-spine…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Ethryndal first of all just let me say this is really weird, because INTJ females are supposed to be as rare as unicorns, but we have at least three on this site— you, @Hope, and @Jess. KP must be a magnet for all things rare and fascinating. 😛
And second of all, I honestly don’t know. If I’m going through an intense emotional phase (of any…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic British beta-readers?? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 10 months ago
@hannah-krynicki
Sorry it’s taken me so long to respond! Life has been crazy. 🙂
Anyway, I can definitely ask my British friends. In the mean time, I’d be happy to try to answer any questions you ask, but if I can’t answer them, I’ll definitely try to hook you up with them. 🙂 -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@dragon-snapper No, but I’ll be formatting an ebook for another half-hour or so.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Politics in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Serious?

There. Not serious anymore. No one can take that guy seriously. XD
I think it’s just because we’ve all got political burnout and are used to hotly disagreeing with people on this subject. Thank goodness for KP where disagreement is civil. 😛But you’re right. We do still have a lot to be thankful for. And God’s sovereignty is very…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Politics in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Serious?

There. Not serious anymore. No one can take that guy seriously. XD
I think it’s just because we’ve all got political burnout and are used to hotly disagreeing with people on this subject. Thank goodness for KP where disagreement is civil. 😛But you’re right. We do still have a lot to be thankful for. And God’s sovereignty is very…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Little Peoples in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Mark-Kamibaya yes, that’s a much better way to put it. Great points.
And the sinless Christian stereotype… wow, don’t even get me started on that one. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Politics in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
I heard that Priebus is a Christian. Anyone have a take on that?
@Mark-Kamibaya ‘by their fruits you shall know them.’
In other words… I don’t think so. Same goes for Trump. I personally believe Trump was ‘over the line’, in your words, which is why I wouldn’t have voted for him (or Hillary) even if I had been old enough. But as far as…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Little Peoples in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@SleepwalkingMK absolutely. XD
@Emma-FLournoy @Mark-Kamibaya yes, and you know why older people do that too? They weren’t raised right as kids. They never came out of that ‘everything centers around me’ stage that kids go through because no one ever taught them better.
-
Greta replied to the topic Bless us and splash us, Precious, another Newbie! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
Okay so I’m very late. Very, VERY late.
But, all the same, I wanted to say WELCOME @ethryndal to the bestistest place on the internet (I have no doubt that you’ve heard that phrase before)! 😉
There will be no judging of insanity here, as we’re all insane, too. 😛 You’re bound to fit in quite well here.
Also, TOLKIEN! YES! TOLKIEN IS…Well,…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Little Peoples in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
But if his parents let him do everything he wants, then he’ll probably be selfish.
Yes. And this is another thing about writing kids. They interact with the world however they have been allowed to interact. When they’re young they can’t see the reality of everything, so if left to themselves they shape their way however it f…[Read more]
-
BlueJay posted an update 9 years, 10 months ago
Sorry guys. I’m going to start limiting my time on KP to one day a week. I’m on here far too regularly and it’s causing a bit of friction. I’m going to miss you all, but please feel free to still tag me as I will reply when I can.
@daeus, @kate-flournoy, @emma-flournoy, @rolena-hatfield, @gretald, @winter-rose, @jess, @ingridrd, @sarah-h, [Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic How to write song lyrics – Help! in the forum Music 9 years, 10 months ago
@WarrioroftheRealm wow, this is really not my field of expertise. 😛 I write poems and sometimes turn them into songs in my head, but as far as actual lyric writing goes, I’m afraid I haven’t got much of anything to offer in the way of knowledge or advice. I’ll let you know if I think of anything though.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
You know you are a writer when your brother comes into your room, blood dripping from his finger, and asks if you want blood for pictures…
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@winter-rose I finished my chapter…around 1000 to 2000 words. Somewhere in there. 😉 I’m done for the night now.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@winter-rose I’ll be writing on and off for the next few hours too. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Some Character Illustrations by Lightningmouse in the forum Art 9 years, 10 months ago
How did I miss this topic the first time around… 😛 @Lightningmouse those are fantastic. I always found it extremely difficult to master the highly stylized styles, but you did great. I especially love the newest one. 😀
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
I’m over half done with the nano word count! 29,621 words!
- Load More

@Bluejay I’ll miss you as well, but I’m glad to see you’re prioritizing your time. I’ll be praying.
Thank you @kate-flournoy. The prayers are really appreciated.
@bluejay
Aww, I’m sorry to hear that, but I totally understand. As awesome as KP is, it can be distracting sometimes (at least for me), which is, by the way, a me problem, not a KP problem (Hey! That rhymed). So I totally understand where you are coming from. I don’t know if you all have noticed, but I haven’t been on here as much lately…[Read more]
So poetic, @gretald. You should write a poem. Thank you for the words of encouragement. And the prayers. 🙂
@bluejay Aw, thanks! No poeticism intended. 😛 😉
Sorry to hear that. @bluejay. You will be missed. And I will definitely be praying for you!
@bluejay We will miss you!!! 🙂
@Bluejay I guess we’ll all have to super watchful about getting hurt now, with our doctor away. 😉
I’m definitely going to pray for you, and I hope the friction settles down. 😛 I’m sure it was hard decide this, but good for you. *thumbs up*
I totally understand this, @bluejay. You’ll be in my prayers!
Sounds tough, but if it’s the right thing, go for it. I’d be happy to pray for you.