@itisastarrynight
Active 8 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 134
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 9 months ago
@gabbyj @dragon-snapper @ingridrd @catwing
I have another character!
His name is Peter. 12 years old. Thick long-ish blond hair with bangs, blue eyes, egg-shaped face, broad shoulders
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 9 months ago
@gabbyj I thought I’d try Cory, too. Hope you don’t mind manga…

-
Joy replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 9 months ago
@leumeister @perfectfifths @allison-grace
Would your character rather… Watch a sunset or a sunrise? The Doctor has seen plenty of both, so she doesn’t know
-
Joy replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 9 months ago
@perfectfifths Ooooog… She would rather eat tree bark. Swamp water is just gross XP
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 9 months ago
@gabbyj You’re welcome! …And thank you! 😉
I would imagine like beige dress pants. Like these:

I did have a good Christmas — thank you!
-
Joy replied to the topic Hey everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@princesswriter Welcome to the Bestest Place in Cyberspace!!! 😀 😀
Ten countries, eh? Where do you live, if I may ask? What are your favorite books? Favorite music genre? Favorite movie and/or TV show?
Sorry, I have a lifetime supply of ice breaker questions that I just have to ask sometimes X)
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Hey everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@princesswriter Welcome!
Ooh, a fellow history lover! I bet it’s cool to visit foreign countries.
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Another Little Snippet in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 9 months ago
@waterlily Wow! Even better than the last one. Your descriptions were spot on. Reading that was like watching the opening scene of a great movie. It was interesting and intriguing, yet real and not rushed. I loved the characters.
If you lengthened that, I would gladly pay to read it. Great job!
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@perfectfifths @dekreel @catwing
Try this one…
“You should know this is the strangest thing I have ever done!”
(My supply of original quotes is running low. I’ll have to replenish.)
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@perfectfifths Would you be referencing the cartoon Phineas and Ferb?
It’s been years since I watched it, but some variation of that line is probably in every episode. 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
Annnnd I gotta go… Merry Christmas!!
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@waterlily @aislinn-mollisong Either you you still here? I’m trying to write and listen to my new TobyMac album at the same time 😛
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Merry Christmas in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
-
Joy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong You shall soon be a knight. Believe me 😉
Looks like you got yourself a fan! XD
I don’t know… @dragon-snapper @daughteroftheking @princessfoo Are we? As long as you are, I’ll keep applying the effects 😀 *polishes subwoofers*
-
Joy replied to the topic Merry Christmas in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@sam-kowal Merry Christmas!!! And thanks for the fire, Stan! What a display! 😉
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum Film 8 years, 9 months ago
@his-instrument That’s a cool verse! I don’t remember hearing it before. I play cajon as a hobby, but I don’t think that’ll be my profession.
Yeah, I think those kids were part of what Luke meant when he said he would not be the last Jedi. He was talking about Rey, but he knew there were others who would be “Jedi,” even if they’re not trained b…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic What Are the Cliches of Sci-Fi? in the forum Sci-Fi 8 years, 9 months ago
Thank you both so much! I really wanted to make sure my story was original, and not just the same ol’ sci-fi story. 😊
-
Joy replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@perfectfifths Oh, it’s okay I don’t blame you! One doesn’t immediately think Star Wars when one hears that quote 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@supermonkey42 YES!
And I agree, it’s probably at least the best Star Wars I’ve ever seen! (Then again I haven’t seen the other Star Wars movies in years)
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic What Are the Cliches of Sci-Fi? in the forum Sci-Fi 8 years, 9 months ago
@jenwriter17 Ooh, good question! Probably at least 50% of my reading and writing is sci-fi, and I have to say, there aren’t as many cliches as, say, fantasy (at least that I notice), because the whole idea of sci-fi is to come up with some crazy/unusual/futuristic/dystopian situation and use that as a major part of the story.
There remains d…[Read more]
- Load More
