@highscribeofaetherium
Active 1 week, 6 days ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2794
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
You’re very welcome.
Also, why does that racoon picture have an expression that so fits what I know of you? lolololol.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
I have the same thought as Hybrid here. Beric has not only been independent for a while now, but he is also a teen. I’m glad you included the scene of his struggle to listen.
Thanks. It actually wasn’t in the first or second draft. I had a reference made to it in the third, but I thought I should flush it out into a full s…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
Thank you very much for the feedback! I will get to reading through it later.
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
Good section! I was going to say, it seems weird that Beric would change so quickly, but now I see he’s still going to struggle.
I have the same thought as Hybrid here. Beric has not only been independent for a while now, but he is also a teen. I’m glad you included the scene of his struggle to listen.
The soup began to hiss, so A…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
Sounds good!
I’ll see if I can get at least one of your new sections done today.
Wonderful!! Thanks! Looking forward to it!
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
Also, what about Andrew Peterson’s Carry the Fire? We both agreed on that one.
Okay yeah, we did. That one is a great song.
Oh, looks like you mentioned the editor question. Ignore my second offer. I thought you might have missed it.Glad you found a good person for the job!
😉
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
I don’t know how to send doc. links. so, here are my answers.
The Narrow Path Trilogy: Book One – The Cost Feedback Questions
Character
~ Which character(s) did you find the most compelling/relatable/believable and why?
Alan. Because he was the redemption character, and I LOVE redemption characters. If you look at my…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
Will keep questions in mind 👍
Glad to hear! Tyn was a character I didn’t like much in the first draft and I was considering changing her a lot until I got near the end of it and she went through some really interesting character development. I think in the draft two versions I understood her more.
I think she’s really fun, but I…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
We’ll see if this works, but I have decided randomly and impulsively that I will have this whole book posted on here by the end of the year.
Expect big sections in the time to come.
However, if I’m going to get this done it means that those of y’all who do make comments will have bigger sections to comment on. If that’s too dif…
-
whaley replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
I’m going to guess neither of you minds what happens 😛
Barnes
Her sight flooding back to her, Barnes found one of her wrists was held by one of the magical tendrils. Her other hand was free, and Reid was recovering from a hit to the face.
In front of them, the snake lay on the ground. Its eyes faded from blue to a cloudy…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
Happy Belated Birthday! 🎂🎊🎈
I’d give you cake, but that would be a lie, and then I’d end up being sued by GLaDOS, and that is a fight I can’t win, so sorry. I hope you had a good birthday though!
Also, question, do you read the discussion questions in the backs of books normally? I always ignore them.😅
I sometimes read them out of…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
Now THAT might have just been your best chapter ever. I could feel Alan, I could sense that he was completely trust the Saviour, yet there was also pain with it, but his grief was quiet by now. If you could make the grief in the chapter before this more forceful then it would beautiful contrast to the calm in this one.
Thank you!…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
My sister managed to get away with one-word answers for the questions I did for my first draft
lol. That sounds like my brother.
I’m on it. Give me one sec….
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
I’m a third of the way through and I already have a lot of thoughts, so that’s good! I really like Tyn, by the way, favorite character.
Glad to hear! Tyn was a character I didn’t like much in the first draft and I was considering changing her a lot until I got near the end of it and she went through some really interesting cha…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
This will answer your question about the feedback I’m looking for.
@ellette-giselle @theducktator @keilah-h @stephie @loopylin @theshadow
I made up a feedback file with questions I would like you to answer about my book. Do you have to? No. I understand if it’s too much and if you don’t have enough time, but I would really…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Rant Room for Baker Family Adventures Fans!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
one older brother
LUCKYYYYYYY!!!!! That’s why I like Phil so much. He’s my fictional older brother.
I’m the oldest with two younger brothers and a younger sister.
My friend actually had Summer of Suspense and lent it to me. I liked it so much I looked up the author to see if she wrote anything else, and then I discovered it was…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
OH IT IS SO GOOD!
You must read it!
You won’t be able to put it down. It is stressful!!!
(Peder is my favorite character by the way.)
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
No! I’ve never been to Highland games. That sounds AMAZING!
Have you?
My dad has the German. Our last name is actually German, and I look very German, though my brothers take after the highlander and irish side.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
Mainly just feedback. I have an actually editor who can catch typos, but if you see anything then you can mention it.
I hope Amelia doesn’t die.
Oh dear.
That would be an interesting twist—if everyone thinks she’s going to have the plague, but then she really ends up having a baby. But we shall see.
Hmm, it would be.…[Read more]
- Load More

