@hannah-olsen
Active 8 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 32
-
Gracie replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@dragon-snapper Let the writing commence!
-
Gracie changed their profile picture 9 years, 7 months ago
-
Daeus replied to the topic Homework for Videos 6-8: Developing Character Arcs in the forum Writing Assignments 9 years, 7 months ago
@dragon-snapper You certainly could. The question is whether it is the right thing for your story. Is there a reason you want to?
-
Gracie replied to the topic Translation Troubles! Help!!! in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@r-j-wordsmith Thanks!
-
Daeus replied to the topic Book Description Opinions in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 7 months ago
@emma-flournoy Other guy? No. The girl.
-
Gracie replied to the topic Translation Troubles! Help!!! in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@emma-Flournoy Perfect! Thank you! 🙂 I’m fairly positive I will read Les Mis. I’m just not sure if, out of all the ones I listed, I’ll read it first.
-
Gracie replied to the topic Translation Troubles! Help!!! in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@daeus Thanks!
-
Daeus replied to the topic Book Description Opinions in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 7 months ago
@emma-flournoy Well, ok, I took a bit of a liberty with the wording there. Often in a synopsis “will” means what will happen in the story, not that there is no way in the story it couldn’t have happened a different way. That was the intent. It could be taken either way, but I made his reaction an assumption. I mean, saying, “a long-hidden truth…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Translation Troubles! Help!!! in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
This is the copy I read of the count of monte cristo. It’s the only translation I’ve read, but it felt very well done. https://www.amazon.com/Count-Monte-Cristo-Everymans-Library/dp/0307271129/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1488249837&sr=8-6&keywords=the+count+of+monte+cristo
-
Daeus replied to the topic Book Description Opinions in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 7 months ago
@emma-flournoy The truth is the identity truth.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Book Description Opinions in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 7 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Amnesia? in the forum Sci-Fi 9 years, 7 months ago
@Northerner ha! 😀 It may or may not have crossed my mind…
-
Daeus replied to the topic Book Description Opinions in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 7 months ago
@graciegirl Oh, boy. That’s a terrible feeling. Yeah, don’t worry a bit. I like getting your critique. It takes a lot to offend me.
As for the corrections, I’ll have to give them some more thought. At the moment, I’m considering replacing the current last sentence with, “In a twist of fate, he is forced to confront the shattering of everything he…[Read more]
-
Gracie replied to the topic Book Description Opinions in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 7 months ago
@daeus Okay, please don’t…er, dislike me for this, but I have a suggestion for fixing the ‘everything he fights for shattered’ dilemma. It may be kinda drastic but….at the very least it might get you unstuck.
(Starting from: ‘a deep uncertainty surrounding his destiny.’)
Under* the mysterious guise of Edwin Brook, Matthew returns years…[Read more]
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Let's talk about Jean Valjean. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@emma-flournoy, we had the lullaby worked in so Fantine sings it as she is daydreaming about little Cosette before she dies, then the little girl who played the young Cosette sang it right before she met Valjean in the woods, and then I was up in a window singing it and unbeknownst to me, Marius was listening underneath, and then the last time was…[Read more]
-
Gracie replied to the topic Amnesia? in the forum Sci-Fi 9 years, 7 months ago
@rachelle At the risk of simply echoing everyone else: This is brilliant! You should totally do it! 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Book Description Opinions in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 7 months ago
@emma-flournoy Hmm. Do you think I should make it just bittersweetness?
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Let's talk about Jean Valjean. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@emma-flournoy, if it is any consolation we didn’t do the musical, but I did end up singing a lullaby twice onstage so there was singing involved. 🙂 Also, that very last scene rips my heart out every time. So many emotions.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Book Description Opinions in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 7 months ago
@Daeus I think lingering works. Better than anything I could come up with.
Aaand… honestly I’m not sure. It’s a toss-up. Both of those work in different ways… So helpful, I know. 😛
-
Daeus replied to the topic Book Description Opinions in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 7 months ago
Ok, I’m back.
@kate-flournoy @emma-flournoy @northerner @hope @winter-rose @graciegirl.
So what do you think of lingering bittersweetness?
Also, instead of saying, “forced to confront everything he fights for shattered,” do you think it would be better to say, “forced to confront everything he fights for ruined”?
- Load More
