@hannah-olsen
Active 8 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 32
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Singing in the forum Music 9 years, 5 months ago
@FeedingMyGoldfish nice! That’s great that your mom could teach you. My mom taught me piano and basically began my musical ‘career’. 😉
I don’t see why it wouldn’t be called ornamentation.What do you primarily like to sing?
I have preferences, but if I’m honest I’ll pretty much sing anything that has the faintest suggestion of a good tune, with…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Singing in the forum Music 9 years, 5 months ago
Okay so I’m curious. How many singers do we have on here, and how many of those actually have some vocal training?
I don’t. 😛 I sing because I love it and I can’t help it. Several years ago I looked up some basic mechanics tutorials on Youtube and learned about proper breathing and voice control, but that’s about it. -
Daeus replied to the topic Singing in the forum Music 9 years, 5 months ago
Is there an intended use for this topic @clairec
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 *gulp* Um… yes. Apparently I did. I’m sorry… it slips out when I get excited around people I like. 😉
It doesn’t have to be a physical difference at all. The difference you pointed out is perfect. Thing is, you have to realize the way people act is directly tied to their EiLs. Tam and Kara differ there, and that is the…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 YES! Blake also seems like a really, really great opportunity to be an Impact Character. In fact… you could make him the one with the complete thematic truth. That it’s better to face reality than shelter in ignorance. A very unlikely bearer of truth— maybe the reader doesn’t see it at first. But if you give him that, his…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 not a problem. 😀 And if you think this is great… sweetheart. Wait until KP actually releases the Theme Mastery course I learned all this from. I was a beta-tester… it changed my life. YOU MUST HAVE IT. OKAY. (I was not paid for that advertisement. 😉 )
To go about building a story… well… you need to figure out what…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 all right!
*rolls up sleeves* You ready?Okay. Let’s see how well I can say this.
DISCLAIMER: before we proceed, I just need to remind you (and myself 😛 ) that this is your book and nothing I say should pressure you against your better judgment. I can tend to take over with projects I’m really interested in and I so do not…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic First or Third? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@dragon-snapper I agree. It could work. It might be confusing, but I think as long as you clearly establish the POV transition at the beginning of each chapter, I think it should be fine.
-
Jackson Graham replied to the topic Composing Music in the forum Music 9 years, 5 months ago
I’ve been using MuseScore for the past several weeks for a composition. It has been ENORMOUSLY helpful.
Jackson E. Graham
-
Kate Flournoy and
The Impossible Girl are now friends 9 years, 5 months ago -
Daeus replied to the topic God in Fantasy in the forum Fantasy 9 years, 5 months ago
@princessfoo Certainly. It’s not easy, but it is doable and you’ll be very glad for the effort. May I ask what it is the characters struggle with?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Artistry Emergency in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
@Anne-Of-Lothlorien well… here he is. Don’t think he looks right, but just in case…

Actually he ended up uncomfortably like a younger Bilbo. 😛
-
Daeus replied to the topic God in Fantasy in the forum Fantasy 9 years, 5 months ago
@princessfoo Neat story concept.
It’s good to have God be part of our stories. It’s not essential or even always the right thing to do, but since he created the world, rules the world, and most stories don’t have Him in them, I think it’s a noble goal.
On the other hand, I’m not a big proponent of making God essentially a character of your…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Artistry Emergency in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
@Anne-Of-Lothlorien I would certainly like to try. I’ll get back to you as soon as I have something. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Artistry Emergency in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
@Anne-Of_Lothlorien I would certainly like to try. I’ll get back to you as soon as I have something. 😉
-
Kina Lamb and
SleepwalkingMK are now friends 9 years, 5 months ago -
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
I guess I’ll take a break too. I wrote a little over 400.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@winter-rose @that_writer_girl_99 @ethryndal I’m joining in!
-
Kate Flournoy and
Elizabeth are now friends 9 years, 5 months ago -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus *grins*
- Load More
