@hannah-krynicki
Active 6 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Wise Jester
- Total Posts: 81
-
BlueJay replied to the topic I need help with a line in my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Thank you. I’ve been sleeping while you’ve all been thinking and writing. 🙂 Hehe The joys of living in a different time zone. 😛
@writefury – the line “Again, not a smart thing to say” is actually a tie-in to a previous comment.
I really wish you could all read the story. It is probably too long to post on the forum. But you’d be able critique it…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic I need help with a line in my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
@rolena-hatfield – Yes Australia is an awesome place. At the moment we are in our second month of summer and it is a sweltering heat of about 30C inside (which is about 86F). But summer is my favourite month so I don’t really mind. (Which is really weird cause I was born in winter!!! But I find I get sick more often when it is wet on cold.:()…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic I need help with a line in my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
@kate-flournoy– Anna and her parents aren’t animals. She goes to Africa (Masai Mara reserve) to stay with her uncle. There she rescues a baby giraffe stuck in the mud (Savanna) and falls in love with her.
I like yours. I really like the “hide away” part. -
BlueJay replied to the topic I need help with a line in my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
@kate-flournoy – Thanks. That’s a good way to say it for humans but I’m not sure if it works for animals. Here is the other part of the story where it is used.
“Savanna’s not a pet, Anna.”
“Yeah, I know but…”
“No ‘buts’.”
“But I want her to be safe. It’s so dangerous out there. Anything could happen.”
I could feel tears coming to my…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic I need help with a line in my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
You’ll all have to excuse spelling errors and grammatical problems. I am dreadful with checking my own work. *And I call myself a writer!!!!!!!!!!!* 😀
-
BlueJay started the topic I need help with a line in my story in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 9 months ago
G’day All, (I’m Australian)
Yes, I am new to the forum but I have been following it quite closely. But I got stuck while writing a short story and I decided to see what you guys could come up with.
Here is part of the story and the line I don’t like.“Us? Go to Africa? How could we afford it? Think how dangerous – and anyway we’re both…[Read more]
-
BlueJay started the topic I need help with a line in my story in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 9 months ago
G’day All, (I’m Australian)
Yes, I am new to the forum but I have been following it quite closely. But I got stuck while writing a short story and I decided to see what you guys could come up with.
Here is part of the story and the line I don’t like.“Us? Go to Africa? How could we afford it? Think how dangerous – and anyway we’re both…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Lovely Words in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
My favourite word – verbose. Best word I ever found!!! 😛
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Perfect love poem in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Wow! I loved your poem. I am really bad at writing poetry, so I really admire those who can. As to titles- *rubs hands together*
Perfect Love
Breaking Free
No Fear in Love
Casting out Fear
1 John 4:18
Because of God’s Love
Love verses Fear
God is Love
Well, that’s all I can think of off the top of my head. 🙂 -
Greta replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Wow, I might have to look into that @kate-flournoy! Sounds like a GREAT book. 🙂
-
Greta replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Wow, I might have to look into that @kate-flournoy! Sounds like a GREAT book. 🙂
-
Greta replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Wow, I might have to look at that @kate-flournoy! Sounds like a GREAT book. 🙂
-
Greta replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Yes, it is @Alia. I haven’t read the other books in the series; maybe I’ll pick one up over Christmas break. 🙂
-
Greta replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
I have to join in, sorry guys. This is an awesome topic! Ok, here are some of my favorite books:
Lord of the Rings…It’s just simply amazing!
The Harry Potter books are awesome!
The Percy Jackson series was hilarious! I love Rick Riordan’s writing style. 🙂
The Mysterious Benedict Society…very cleverly written (is cleverly a word? :P)
To…[Read more] -
Greta changed their profile picture 10 years, 10 months ago
-
Greta's profile was updated 10 years, 10 months ago
-
Greta replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 10 months ago
Welcome, Joy! I’ve only been on KP for a short time, but from what I’ve seen so far there’s an awesome community of Christian teen writers here. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have!
-
Greta replied to the topic A Day in the Country Poem in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 11 months ago
Thank you so much for taking the time to critique my poem, Daeus! I really like your suggestions. 🙂
-
Greta started the topic A Day in the Country Poem in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 11 months ago
Hey, everyone! I would love critiquing on this poem. Thanks!
A Day in the Country
By: Greta Dornbirer
Oh, where are you going,
On this sunny day?
To the country I’m a-going!
Why to the country?
The city you should try!
Oh no! The city is not for me!
For I prefer the country,
Where all is bright and gay!
The night is dark and s…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic Those Tear-jerkers :'( in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 11 months ago
@Hope Yes! The end of Mockingjay was very sad…and depressing.
- Load More
