@hannah-krynicki
Active 6 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Wise Jester
- Total Posts: 81
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Your Favorite Historical Fiction in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Promise of Zion Series by Robert Elmer
The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
Freedom’s Sword by Annie S. Swan
Carry On, Mr. Bowditch by Jean Lee Latham
How They Kept the Faith by Grace Raymond
Wilderness Wife by Etta Degering -
Greta started the topic Help with Characterization! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Hello, everyone!
To be honest, I’m new to writing. I’m beginning a novel (I’m still in the planning stage), and I really need to develop my characters. Do you all have any characterization tips?
Thanks!
~ Greta
-
Greta replied to the topic Christianity in Fiction in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@Daeus, yes! Gandalf has so many great quotes. My favorite is probably “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.” 🙂
@writefury: Great thoughts! Honestly, I forget to pray. A lot. And that’s not how it should be. But a lot of times, that’s the way people are; they need help, and suddenly they remember that…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic Christianity in Fiction in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Sorry, I just kind of put all my thoughts out there. 😛
-
Greta replied to the topic Christianity in Fiction in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
The existence of God is a given. Now this one sounds like an absolute no-brainer, but when you think about it it really isn’t. I mean, how easy would it be to assume the person reading your book is a staunch atheist and just dump all the evidence for God’s existence off on them? Very easy.
The thing is, when a reader picks up a piece of fic… -
BlueJay replied to the topic Revised Logo Here…what do you think? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
I like number three. And “yay” you remembered the E. 😀
-
Greta replied to the topic My first fantasy novel in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Congratulations, Hannah! 😀
-
BlueJay replied to the topic An Author's Advice in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
I would ask my favourite author “how does she come up with such exciting and wonderful ideas to write about?”
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Input on my logo please in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
@ivy-rose – I agree with Daeus. I like number four too. You said that your website is “Lakeside” Publications but the logo has “Lakside.” Is that meant?
-
Greta replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 8 months ago
Hi, Hannah! I love to write fantasy, too! 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Series Title in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Fruits of the Fairies??? :s
-
BlueJay replied to the topic The Best Book Ever in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
I love the books of Ruth and Esther. Two women who did what God wanted and were blessed because of it. I think it should be so encouraging, at least to females, to stand firm in your faith and do the right thing. Even if the outcome might kill you, (Esther going before the king) or makes you step outside your comfort zone (Ruth leaving her…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
Hahaha @kate-flournoy
-
Greta replied to the topic Character Names in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
Yeah, those characters are really fun to write; I just get really annoyed with her in the story. 😛 @kate-flournoy
-
Greta replied to the topic Character Names in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
Cool @rolena-hatfield! I love the name Miret. 🙂
Thanks! Madam Munch really is quite the character, and she is a bit like a mouse @kate-flournoy. 😛 She’s one of those characters who’s supposed to get you really annoyed, so I’d say she’s probably one of my least favorite characters in the novel.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Block. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
@kate-flournoy – I love it when Anna recites, but I also like in the 2nd one when Emiline reads it aloud in class. And when she acts in Mary, Queen of Scots too. 😀
But my favourite part in the movie is with the fireworks. We once had a pet lamb in the house (with a nappy on :P) and she had fallen asleep at our feet while we were watching it and…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Block. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
@rolena-hatfield – I have not read the highwayman but I’ve heard Anne recite it. It sounds a very moving poem. We have number 3 but I haven’t watched it yet. I can’t wait though.
I sometimes think I’m very much like Anne (with an E 😀 ). A writer, an actress (and very Dramatic) and I’m always (at least when I was younger than I am now) in…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Block. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
@kate-flournoy – Have you ever seen Anne of Green Gables number one or two? In that movie she repeats from the Lady of Shalott all the time. “Willows whiten, aspens shiver, little breezes dance and shiver.” Or something like that. I have never actually read the entire thing but what is used in Anne is so good. Like the time she nearly drowned…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Block. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
@daeus and @kate-flournoy – You have made me laugh so hard. 😀
Thanks @kate-flournoy for your suggestion. I’ll have a look at changing it.
As to poetry…hmmmmm…I’m actually not one to read poetry. I can never find the rhythm in them. But maybe I should try… 🙂
And cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg *yummy* add stewed apples and cream and voila, magnificent. 😀 -
Greta replied to the topic Character Names in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
Thanks @kate-flournoy 🙂
Ooo, Arianwen is a great name!
- Load More
