@godlyfantasy12
Active 3 months, 2 weeks ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 6750
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic My Dream: High/Epic Fantasy in the forum Fantasy 5 years, 7 months ago
Currently, I haven’t been writing a lot of fantasy since my current WIP is more of an adventure that I’ve been careful to keep fantasy out of for plot reasons.
But I do love writing it, especially the worldbuilding:)But DO NOT get discouraged by first drafts. I recently looked through a few first drafts of an author whose…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic My Dream: High/Epic Fantasy in the forum Fantasy 5 years, 7 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 I write the complete opposite of high fantasy, so I can’t really give you any pointers on it…but since you’ve just finished your first draft, and it’s your work, I’d say go for it, girl! And even if it doesn’t work out, you can always write another series if you want to!
(Wait, you guys edit after finishing each book? I wait til…[Read more]
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic Character/Book Aesthetics in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
Those are gorgeous!
-
Kads replied to the topic A Question in the forum Questions and Support 5 years, 7 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 Oh, ok. Well, I guess it’s okay then? I don’t know though, I was just worried. :p
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Writing A Series in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
Oh, this sounds similar to what I’m doing with Caira and Newton! Both of them are around the 14-15 age range, so I was worried that may be too young. But you eased my conscience with the points you made XD By the way, your characters sound super intriguing! And I love the name November! 🙂
-
ella replied to the topic Writing A Series in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
@e-k-seaver, @abigail-m, @gracie-j, @godlyfantasy12, @devestate-lasting, @scripter-of-kingdoms, @writerlexi1216, issawriter7, @joy-caroline, @anyone-else
Ok, so @abigail-m mentioned earlier that the love interest doesn’t confess anything in the first book/s. What do y’all think about someone confessing love in the first one? When I read, i…[Read more]
-
ella replied to the topic Writing A Series in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
Let’s see… pacing is actually something I struggle with. Cause I have all these amazing plans but the book will be either too long or too many that aren’t long enough, both of which would mess up the pacing. Here’s the basic outline of my trilogy:
Book #1–As Dark as Mist and Shadow (title change 😉)
Main themes: loya…[Read more]
-
Kads replied to the topic Writing A Series in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 Aaaaah thank you!!! :DDDD That means SO MUCH to me. <3 I’m so happy you like them!!!! 😀
And yes, please post the plots! I’d be happy to give feedback! :3
-
Kads replied to the topic Writing A Series in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 Well… I have currently 7 books planned. I can lay them all out for you here, and how they correspond, if you want. (Basically laying out my series here, lol. Just please nobody steal my ideas, I worked hard to think of these. I know most of you wouldn’t, but still.)
Book #1. The Azure Diamond:
Girl named Bren touched an…[Read more]
-
Kads started the topic Inspirational Images & Quotes ❤️ in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
Hey everybody!
This is basically the topic where when you see a cool image or quote, you put it here. I’d prefer primarily images here, but if you see a cool quote don’t be afraid to post it! 😀 The images can be anything, (just be sure to follow KP posting rules, of course) from fan art of something you like to a book cover you thought looked…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Character/Book Aesthetics in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
Neat!! Are you gonna post them?? I thought the last one looked great!! <3333
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic Writing A Series in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
I haven’t had much experience writing series yet, but I’ve read plenty of them, and three things that I notice work are:
1# The character’s arc isn’t resolved right away.
2# The love interest doesn’t confess anything in the first few stories.
3# And an ongoing fear.
Not that these observations mean a whole lot, but they seem…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Character/Book Aesthetics in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
WHOOOOOOOOA!!! That’s an INCREDIBLE chapter header! Did you make it in Canva?
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Writing A Series in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
Girl, I feel you!! I could talk about my WIP for literal hours (if not days)! And yeah, I’ve already spoiled some of it on the plot twists forum… so sorry about that lol
That’s a good idea about printing out character arcs! I may copy you and do that myself! 🙂
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Writing A Series in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
Oooooh, girl, this is GENIUS!!!!!!! I’ve tried writing sequels before and man it’s sooooo much harder, so I can’t wait to see what everyone else has got!! One of my biggest struggles (’cause I’ve been plotting out the sequel for Into the Lamp) is trying to figure out a good balance of kind of telling the same story again without…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Writing A Series in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 Ah yes if you haven’t heard of my biggest project it’s a series that consists of thirteen series- I’m halfway through series number four so I think I’ve got a pretty good handle on things, as of now. Most of it is a mess but, y’know…
So if you watch anime, like I do, there are these things called “seasons” and “arcs”. Season…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
Ooh, thanks for the super helpful response! 🙂 I’ve actually subscribed to Abbie Emmons’ youtube channel! She’s really great at explaining/teaching a lot of writerly things, but I need to watch more of her videos about the 3 act story structure.
I’m still not sure how long I want my series to be (like, I don’t know if it’ll be a…[Read more]
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic Character/Book Aesthetics in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
I love that chapter header!
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic I Feel Discouraged… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
Awww, thank you so much!!! <333 This brought a huge smile to my face 🙂 It makes me feel relieved that I’m not the only one who goes through this *sigh* so that’s like a huge weight off my shoulders.
I know exactly what you mean about getting bored with the story/characters. I’ve felt stuck because I keep re-reading scenes or…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 Looks cool. Probably just me, but the commas look like periods. (And since I read a web comic where the main girl’s called November, I had the unfortunate experience of realised your November’s gender halfway through the blurb. But that’s me, though. Not you.) Nice blurb overall!
- Load More
