My Dream: High/Epic Fantasy

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Genre-Writing Fantasy My Dream: High/Epic Fantasy

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    GodlyFantasy12
    @godlyfantasy12
      • Total Posts: 6645

Okay so…this might seem kinda random lol. But, I want yalls opinion. Obviously I will hopefully be finishing my first draft of my current WIP in May, and will take a break from it for a month before starting the reread and draft 2.

That being said, the first draft is not how I want the book to be, of course.

I’m wondering though, do y’all believe that It is good enough plot wise and such to become an Epic/High Fantasy series? Idk, I know I can’t get discouraged cuz the first draft is always terrible, and I have time to edit it, but until you’re in the editing stages u look at it like “Man….this is not how I want it.”

You see, my big dream with writing is to write a High fantasy book or series. And this series, being 7 books long, will take up a lot of my time, and id love it to become that awesome of a fantasy series. But looking at it from where I am now (the first draft) I just wonder if I can do it….

I mean, I know I Can, but….I guess I just want some encouragement or to hear your thoughts on it?

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
      #ProtectMarcel
      #ProtectSeb

Linyang Zhang
      @devastate-lasting
        • Total Posts: 1700

@godlyfantasy12 I write the complete opposite of high fantasy, so I can’t really give you any pointers on it…but since you’ve just finished your first draft, and it’s your work, I’d say go for it, girl! And even if it doesn’t work out, you can always write another series if you want to!

(Wait, you guys edit after finishing each book? I wait til the end of the series and make absurd changes along the way… (⊙_⊙;) )

Lately, it's been on my brain
        Would you mind letting me know
        If hours don't turn into days

Abigail.M.
        @abigail-m
          • Total Posts: 1242

@godlyfantasy12

Currently, I haven’t been writing a lot of fantasy since my current WIP is more of an adventure that I’ve been careful to keep fantasy out of for plot reasons.
          But I do love writing it, especially the worldbuilding:)

But DO NOT get discouraged by first drafts. I recently looked through a few first drafts of an author whose fantasy is now a bestseller. And the draft was just as mixed up as any first draft should be. First drafts are just a stage. A stage that is equally important as publishing.

The first drafts are just there, the second draft is where things start happening and bricks are being laid.
          You are definitely going to write an amazing series:)

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Abigail.M..
          GodlyFantasy12
          @godlyfantasy12

@devastate-lasting @abigail-m

Thanks y’all!! I just needed some encouragement (:

I haven’t finished the draft yet, but yea I think quite a few ppl edit the individual books, but I also know of ppl who don’t but who write out the whole series (at least he first drafts) before editing and stuff.

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
            #ProtectMarcel
            #ProtectSeb

Gracie J.
            @gracie-j
              • Total Posts: 1789

@godlyfantasy12 Oh my gosh, YAS! So, when I first heard about your series, the first thing I thought of was CaravalI’ve never read the book or the series or anything but I totally got that high fantasy, circus-themed aesthetic and it totally made my heart jump! I know your series is meant to be high/epic fantasy–I just do. Now, I don’t know anything about writing that style, but I call ’em like I see ’em! So, yeah, totally go for it!

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

ella
              @nova21
                • Total Posts: 604

@gracie-j

I thought the same thing, lol!!!

@godlyfantasy12

girl, GO FOR IT!!!  You won’t know until you try!!!!! 😉  I personally love high fantasy SOO much and I know you’ll do great!!!!  Just write amazing things for God’s glory– DO YOUR BEST, that’s what He wants us to do!!!!!!!!!!

And I TOTALLY feel you when you say you’re discouraged by 1st drafts!!!  Don’t worry about it–I mean, hey, if you want to write a bestseller but you keep throwing away the trashy stuff, what is there to work with??  Believe me when I say EVERYONE has felt that at least 3 thousand times in their life, lol!! 😆

So ya, just do it. 😉❤

what we do in life echoes in eternity
                -gladiator, 2000

GodlyFantasy12
                @godlyfantasy12

@gracie-j @nova21 ahhh thanks so much!!! That is so encouraging!!

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                  #ProtectMarcel
                  #ProtectSeb

Gracie J.
                  @gracie-j
                    • Total Posts: 1789

@godlyfantasy12 You’re so welcome, girl!

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  >