-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 6 months ago
Great board!
-
Loopy replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
We’ve reached 500 pages, guys
Felicity
“He’s my, uh,” Felicity’s face reddened as she suddenly remembered what she had said the day before. She hurriedly turned her face away from Chase for a moment. “He’s my best friend. Or something.”
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
yes!! I do!!! Can I be adopted too?!?? 🥹🥺
Rory
Rory drew in a slow breath as Leo turned off the flame. For a moment that awful scene had threatened to flash through his mind. Thankfully, he’d fought it back.
This time.
“There, all done. Now we let that cool and don’t let any kids sign their names in it like they did the pavem…[Read more] -
FIREQUACKER posted an update 1 year, 6 months ago
I have a lot of books laying around that I haven’t had time to read, so I planned to stay home from our library trip. But I love the library, so I decided to go and just sit there and read my current book. Lo and behold, I came home with 23 new books. I have no self control…
-
Koshka replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
Oh my word! WHY CAN’T HE BE MY OLDER BROTHER!?!? I need a Leo!!😭😍
*Leo is concerned. He wonders if maybe this Ellette girl needs adopting too*
-
Koshka replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
Leo
His eyebrows quirked, but he didn’t question Rory’s agitated silence. God knew what was going through the kid’s head.
He flicked the torch on to a low, white flame. The sealent bubbled a bit under the heat. He slowly turned it up to a much hotter blue, thankful for his well fired gauntles. His visor closed of it’s own…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
I think you have a great chance of doing that just as much as anyone else.
why thank you!
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
Oh my word! WHY CAN’T HE BE MY OLDER BROTHER!?!? I need a Leo!!😭😍
Rory
“I’ve done this plenty,” Leo said. “Maybe not on tile, but heaps of other stuff. Did it hanging off my ship once when we had an air leak out of atmosphere.”
Ship…. atmosphere. That meant a flying ship. An airplane.
fighter jets
Rory sucked in a sharp bre…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi started the topic Scrivener Questions in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
Hey fellow KeePers!
I’ve been thinking about getting Scrivener software to work with. I’ve been working with Google docs, but for a variety of reasons, (including filling on One Drive with random world building notes and WIPs) I am looking for something else. I’ve heard great things about Scrivener, including its user friendly approach, small…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Oh you’re not the one. It was more like you voiced what was already bothering me. I’m sorry if I made it seem like it was somehow your fault. 😌
Maybe God will use this book will encourage Christians to venture into dangerous places to share the gospel!
I’d like that. But even more, I wanted it to wake people up to the fact…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
@ellette-giselle @linus-smallprint If all else fails, remember that your guys’ stories, no matter what they are, will make so much more impact in the world than mine.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
Leo
He waited for Rory to move back before slipping on his helmet, but, just as he readied the torch, something told him to stop.
Why is he staring at me?
“You good kid? Do you-” Leo stopped, fingers about to drop his visor frozen in place. Something about the kid reminded him of a test pilot who’d nearly gone down with his…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
yeah
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
@ellette-giselle I can understand the raining part lol. Me, I actually like it when it’s raining, but the humidity that comes afterward plus the frequent 80-90 degree weather is not fun at all.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Oh It’s not just @linus-smallprint. He just said a few things that have already been bothering me in the back of my mind. It’s this aggravating struggle to rewrite something and pull it out of the ditch of not-so-great writing and up to the level I have worked to achieve now.
It’s always been a story that’s been close to my heart,…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
@ellette-giselle not gonna lie, I’ve never seen you as….as…. *gestures to your depressed posts* this. Critics are likely gonna say way worse about your book, and won’t be as nice as Linus or any of the rest of us about it. It’s just the life of an author.
Also, remember, you can say no to feedback. If you don’t agree with something he said,…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Portals: When My Story Ate Me in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
@elishavet-pidyon I love how the writer is confused when things don’t go exactly the way she tried to write it lol
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Unless you have something exponentially more important, I’d say go for it.
Why? What reason do I have?
(not to sound dark or depressed. But is it truly worth it?)
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
I wonder……. these books were written so long ago and comparing them to the stuff I have written now, they’re just not as good at all.
I feel you. I look back at some of my old work and I’m like “I wrote this??? Sheesh, this is terrible!”
But then sometimes I look back at my old work and I’m like “With a little reworking, this c…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
Rory
Rory slid back, but his eyes were locked on Leo’s hands in a half memorized, half terrified stare. There was a very bad memory at the edge of his mind, and he didn’t know what it was, but he really didn’t want it let out.
- Load More
