-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Final book in the The Flames of Hope Saga: The Dawn Will Come in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 5 months ago
@ellette-giselle how bout it?
on the violence, I grew up reading Warrior Cats where characters are killed in terrible ways. It shouldn’t be any worse than that, especially since you have a Christian perspective on violence (for example, not just adding it in for shock factor)
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Final book in the The Flames of Hope Saga: The Dawn Will Come in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 5 months ago
@hybridlore   @koshka  @keilah-h   @elishavet-pidyon  @liberty @linus-smallprint
Book Aesthetic Board.

-
Ellette Giselle started the topic Final book in the The Flames of Hope Saga: The Dawn Will Come in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 5 months ago
@hybridlore   @koshka  @keilah-h   @elishavet-pidyon  @liberty @linus-smallprint
First off, I love that Linus is like,”wait a month to start the next book.”
I finally convince him that I should start it sooner…….
1 month later……….
Hello all!!!! GUESS WHAT?!?! It’s book 4 time!!!!!
Okay, just a little warning……[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
@theducktator yay!! Cute picture too.
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
ALLELUIA! CHRIST IS RISEN! ✝️🥳

-
FIREQUACKER changed their profile picture 1 year, 5 months ago
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Anyone want to take a survey for an essay I'm writing? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
If your outside social group is healthy and available, you’re less likely to get attached to the online social group. It’s as simple as that. I believe many phone addictions are a response to that need.
That is truth right there… the lack of healthy community can very easily lead to any type of addiction. I was reading a book abo…[Read more]
-
Liberty replied to the topic Anyone want to take a survey for an essay I'm writing? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
One principle my parents have taught us is that technology is a tool, not a toy. That tech can be used for good or evil.
We also have a standard that we stop using screens after 8pm. The bluelight from the screens disrupts your dopamine which you need in order to sleep well.
We also do not use iPhones and comupters alone in our…[Read more]
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Anyone want to take a survey for an essay I'm writing? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
I don’t have phones, but my family does have a rule we aren’t allowed to bring technology into our rooms. Exceptions are made for the house phone for music or audiobooks, and occasionally the tablet for school. I don’t know that I’ve seen someone using tech super healthily. Maybe my mom. Neither of my parents are that bad with it,…[Read more]
-
Liberty replied to the topic Anyone want to take a survey for an essay I'm writing? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
I totally agree with you! Waking up early is so refreshing for an excellent start of the day! And you also get to see the sunrise…
-
-GRCR- replied to the topic Anyone want to take a survey for an essay I'm writing? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
We don’t have a lot of boundaries, but we didn’t get our own phones until last year or the year before that. I think the main thing is that phones have to be in the living room at night—which is a law I’m we have because I had the bad habit of being on my phone late into the night and even really early in the morning, watchin…[Read more]
-
-GRCR- replied to the topic Anyone want to take a survey for an essay I'm writing? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
Alright, filled it.
-
whaley replied to the topic Anyone want to take a survey for an essay I'm writing? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
Aight Jonas, did it
My boundaries aren’t super good right now, but this semester was technology-heavy because of my thesis, so I’ve been focusing on that. I think stress avoidance plays a huge factor for me, and being on technology distracting myself is better than crashing in a stressful situation.
And in all honesty, the things I…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
It’s up to you. Most names have been used for popular media characters at some time in the past. Your character’s identity doesn’t ride on how original their name is. But if it bothers you too much, change it.
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
I’ve always been picky about who to kill off, I’m a strong believer in having thematic reasons and not just irl logical reasons, or even emotional reasons. Can’t just kill them off to make people sad. But this character ticks off all the requirements.
Technically I can bring parts of them back. The magic system allows dead…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Anyone want to take a survey for an essay I'm writing? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
My parents use their phones in a healthy way, as does the husband and wife of dear family friends. (their kids don’t have phones either) but honestly the majority of the people i see and know spend more time on their phone than on anything else.
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Anyone want to take a survey for an essay I'm writing? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
Good to see you popping back in here again!
I just took the survey! This is something I’ve been thinking about a lot lately. If anyone is open to discussion, I’d be curious to hear your thoughts!
For those of you who do have phones, what boundaries have you set/have your parents established around it? Or perhaps, what boundaries do you…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Denomination Q and A in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 5 months ago
Ok, I wasn’t gonna get into this conversation, but now here I am, lol.
I’d be careful about pulling out specific verses without carefully examining the context of the rest of the passage… but if you want to look at specific verses then I’d suggest looking at other verses that also talk about being saved.
“…From the beginning God chose you to…[Read more]
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Character Interviews in the forum Characters 1 year, 5 months ago
“May you please explain that? Are you quiet? Dangerous? Do you often solve mysteries? Or start them? And does this relate to how you are a thief?
It means no one knows anything about me.
“Oh…. Those are some…. awful descriptions! Uhm…. do you have any friends? And do you know why people call you that? Maybe you should try putti…
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Character Interviews in the forum Characters 1 year, 5 months ago
Celarent: Given my criminal background, I find it unlikely that even my good look and charm [he smiles] will be enough to get me elected to Council in a few years when I’m old enough to run. If I can buy off a few people, or bribe leading politicians to endorse me, my chances of winning are much higher.
*chokes* Mel, she sounds…[Read more]
- Load More
