-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Rant away! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 2 months ago
I’m sorry to take the discussion off theremins, but I got a rant.
It’s about characters, and how their fandom treats them. As you guys now, many of the fandoms I’m into have fighter characters as the focus. Soldiers. Mercenaries. Rebels. Warriors. All that kinda thing. Which makes this aspect of fandom more annoying: some have the tendency to…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Rant away! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 2 months ago
@whalekeeper oh I just saw a picture of a robot playing it lol
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 2 months ago
Aw, what a fine little gray lady <3 The colors look very natural.
-
whaley replied to the topic Rant away! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 2 months ago
I didn’t know about the robots. I’ll have to look that up.
ngl I used to be really scared of its noise, it’s so weird. But now I kinda like it.
The moment I heard the noise, I was obsessed. I knew I had to incorporate the music and technology into some kind of magic system. 🤣 So here I am, spending much of my writing time looking for a…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Rant away! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 2 months ago
@rae @the_lost-journal @highscribeofaetherium @keilah-h
Yeah, it is pretty cool!! Almost nobody I talk to knows what it is, so I’m always explaining. XD Thank you for the names, by the way, Ruth and Kefa!
So how did they accidentally invent it?
Leon was a Russian inventor who was actually trying to invent devices for wartime. The instrument was…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Rant away! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 2 months ago
Random facts about theremins that I yoinked off Wikipedia (I think one is playing in the music I’m listening to right now! LOL, what a coincidence.):
- It’s named after its inventor, Leon Theremin.
- They used to be called Aetherphones.
- They were actually the result of research to make proximity sensors.
- The sound was once described as “a…
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Rant away! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 2 months ago
@whalekeeper You have a theremin???? That’s so cool!!!
ngl I used to be really scared of its noise, it’s so weird. But now I kinda like it. It’s used a bunch in the Loki soundtrack, which I think adds to the temporal thrill kinda aspect of the show.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 2 months ago
Happy Fourth!!!
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Rant away! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 2 months ago
Wow, I just watched a video of someone playing one and that is so cool.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 2 months ago
@elishavet-pidyon awwww! She’s cute!
The branch looks okay in my eyes.
Impressive that you did that with watercolors!! I might show off my watercolor paintings later. My brother and I are doing a weekly watercolor class.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 2 months ago
@ellette-giselle those are great quotes!!
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 2 months ago
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!
I hope y’all have a great day!!! It’s been such a blessing to get to know several of y’all this past year!! May God bless you today!
Here are some great quotes to remember amid all the fireworks and fun!
“The cost of freedom is always high but Americans have always paid it.”
~John F Kennedy“The real…[Read more]
-
Jaybird replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 2 months ago
Also, the branch looks a smidge better in real life. I forgot (red) and green mix awkwardly, and oversaturated the paper.
-
Jaybird replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 2 months ago
I got off work early today, so I decided to get my art stuff out. It’s been a few weeks since I played with my watercolors, so I went ahead and did an ink sketch, then colored it. It’s the first squirrel I’ve done where markings mattered, so I about drove myself crazy trying to blend colors While figuring out fur texture. XD (If anyone has…[Read more]
-
Jaybird replied to the topic Magic Systems in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 2 months ago
*waits in anticipation*
-
Jaybird replied to the topic Prayer Requests for Anyone in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 2 months ago
Prayers coming from over here!
-
Ruth replied to the topic Rant away! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 2 months ago
That’s cool!
I want to name him Harvey…which is weird because I usually hate the name Harvey. Maybe your statement about Harvard had influenced me *shrug*
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Mission Impossible– Two books out by 12/14/2025 in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 2 months ago
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Mission Impossible– Two books out by 12/14/2025 in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 2 months ago
Aw good!! It was believable then?
You may have to email me for that other question. Not exactly sure what you’re asking.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Mission Impossible– Two books out by 12/14/2025 in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 2 months ago
So does everyone else at the base know… you know.
- Load More
