@felicity
Active 4 months, 1 week ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 812
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 @loopylin @princesachronicle22
Thanks yall! Glad you like it!
XDXD I thought you’d like it lol.
Freedom I can’t tell you how happy it makes me that you like it that much 🤣🤣❤️
It was great for me because it’s a lot lower pressure than the other ones I’ve made for my book, and it helps me experiment more with…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Character Castle 2.0 in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
Poor baby…you didn’t have a choice!!! 😭
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Character Castle 2.0 in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
@freedomwriter76 @lightoverdarkness6
Bren
Son…?
Bren’s eyes widened as he stared at the two girls who had just entered.
This could be his chance to escape…his chance for help, to find his brother…
But…Vance was tricky…if he convinced them he was his father…
He looked up at the man, narrowing his eyes, wanting so badly to yell that he was l…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Tips, tricks, descriptions and new words! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
@acancello so I have a whole book on crazy words (that I can’t get to at the moment) but I’ll have to share a few on here!
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
@mineralizedwritings ROFL!!! That’s hilarious!!!
@lightoverdarkness6 @princesachronicle22 hey is it my turn to RP as Lyn? I think it’s Zyrin’s turn…?
also! Light do I need to RP as Ara?
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Magic systems!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
Thanks for the recommendation! I’ll look into that!
Yeah, superpowers totally are a magic system, as well as sci fi concepts even. Though those things are not considered magical, they are defiantly fantastical elements that ultimately function the same ways a magic system would in a world. Yeah, you don’t need to be rigorous…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Magic systems!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
Thanks! Can’t wait to hear what you have to say!
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
@loopylin @freedomwriter76 @lightoverdarkness6
Lol freedom the nickname is so funny XDXD I made a comic of it just cuz I had too lol
(TONY STARK IS SO FUN TO DRAW!!!!)
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Magic systems!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
Thanks! Yeah, it’s been a lot of fun to make! Yeah, both hard and soft magic systems have unique pros and cons. I personally enjoy thinking and writing about hard magic systems, but soft magic systems (if done well) are really fun to read. Harry Potter is a good example of soft magic systems, I’ve never got into it, but I know a little…[Read more]
-
Gwyndalf the Wise replied to the topic Who wants a Marvel AU? 😉 in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
Lol, aren’t they the best!?!?!?!? 😂😂😂😂
Absolutely! XD The moment a sibling relationship is introduced in a book or movie and they’re not fighting the entire time I’m immediately interested. XD
-
Allison replied to the topic Tips, tricks, descriptions and new words! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
That’s a good idea! Thanks! I also really like those words,especially jocular, gregarious and magnanimous . I’m going to try to add them into my book!
-
Gwyndalf the Wise replied to the topic Magic systems!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
@arcaneaxiom
HMMM
Outlaws of Time by N.D. Wilson – not only is it a good book (but I’m biased I really like it XD) I think it does a good job with the ‘magic’ system. Would recommend. =D
My fantasy/mystery story doesn’t necessarily have magic but I’d assume superpowers would fall under this so… yeah. I don’t normally focus on the magic system…[Read more]
-
Gwyndalf the Wise replied to the topic Who wants a Marvel AU? 😉 in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
Yay! Glad you like them. XD
Yeah, humor always has to have a part in my stories…otherwise they get too dark for my tastes. So that probably comes across in their interactions. XD Plus the fact that I love portraying siblings and basically unrelated siblings relationships. XD -
Light replied to the topic Tips, tricks, descriptions and new words! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
Wow!! Those are cool! Yeah, I’ve been trying to get better at describing situations in my book as well. I like to look up ‘descriptive words for –‘ whatever I needed, and just reading them helps me to remember them for future reference. Also, if you copy and paste them into a doc, you can review them when you need it. That’s what I…[Read more]
-
Allison started the topic Tips, tricks, descriptions and new words! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
I just pulled out a “Novel” I wrote a couple years ago based off a dream I had and as I was skimming through it I realized that I needed way more description and bigger words (I felt like I was using the same ones over and over and over …..) And I keep re-reading my current books and realize how much more description I could put in! Does anyone…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Magic systems!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
What a cool magic system!! It sounds really unique!!
When I have the time, I’ll hop on here and share my thoughts about magic systems. 😀
-
Allison replied to the topic Magic systems!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
Wow! What an amazing magic system you have! That is so creative and would be so much fun to read about! Unfortunately my WIP does not have any magic in it, but who knows maybe someday… 🙂 I think the only other magic books I’ve read, were all the Harry Potters which I loved. I think what drew me in was the great description.…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom started the topic Magic systems!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
Hi y’all!
@godlyfantasy12 , @whalekeeper , @lightoverdarkness6 , @esther , @princesachronicle22 , @mineralizedwritings , @freedom , @acancello , @gwyndalf-the-wise , @loopylin , @otherworldlyhistorian , @anyone-else-I missed
(If I tagged you, and this doesn’t interest you, then don’t feel obligated to respond.)
I wanted to make a forum…[Read more]
-
Light replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
@freedomwriter76 @mineralizedwritings @loopylin
(Also, if it’s alright with everyone, I’m not gonna have Matthew recognize Tony, because, well…I’m not quite sure how Matthew would act around him, what he would say…it would probably be really awkward 😅. Sorry!)
Matthew
I tried to slow my rapid breathing, panic overcoming me. I stared at…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 3 years, 7 months ago
- Load More
