@felicity
Active 4 months, 2 weeks ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 812
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Resources for Writing Mental Illnesses/Disorders/Disabilities in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
With my characters it look likes they have these-
(also Ik I’m spamming XD but this is interesting to me so ya!)
(Btw these ALL started out as Normal stress response and then Acute stress, because that’s how it all begins usually)
Arabella- Uncomplicated PTSD
November- It becomes Complex PTSD throughout the series, probably Comorbid too…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Resources for Writing Mental Illnesses/Disorders/Disabilities in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
@gwyndalf-the-wise @lightoverdarkness6 @mineralizedwritings @sarafini
Here y’all go! I found this article and these are five forms of stress/PTSD that can occur. And u can find out which u believe ur character has and research it individually!
No warnings needed except there’s one mention of something but I don’t even know if it’s anythin…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Resources for Writing Mental Illnesses/Disorders/Disabilities in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
Wow just looked it up and yes I do believe Paxton has C-PTSD, and now I’m curious to look up any other types of PTSD, if there are any.
I believe Nyx might have something similar to this, but maybe not I’m not sure. I just know it’s made him very distrustful (tho he was already a bit distrustful before)
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Resources for Writing Mental Illnesses/Disorders/Disabilities in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
Hate to say this but I don’t know what C-PTSD is but I’m about to go find out!
-
Gwyndalf the Wise replied to the topic Resources for Writing Mental Illnesses/Disorders/Disabilities in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
Yes actually, that is what Corvina has a bit of, DIS, except its not exactly diagnosed because it’s fantasy and there’s other things involved, and she can be healed by the Lord.
Same, my story is also a fantasy and they don’t have specific terms/labels to diagnose people with.
Some of them do have PTSD, and that’s not a term to…
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Resources for Writing Mental Illnesses/Disorders/Disabilities in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
@mineralizedwritings that’s understandable, I probably won’t be reading/watching it either.
I do appreciate the article from historian however
and thank u both, Folith and Historian!
(hope u don’t take offense Folith!)
-
Gwyndalf the Wise replied to the topic Resources for Writing Mental Illnesses/Disorders/Disabilities in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
Thanks!!! I’m super excited about it myself, It’s like a dream character arc for me to work on!
You’re welcome! I just love character arcs that leave you with hope and your characters’ arcs seem very hopeful so yay.
I like getting to relate to the characters issues, but also I’m super excited to write Kaine coming throu…
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
@felicity I registered!!! So All it did was say I’m registered and that was it, it wouldn’t allow me to go anywhere or anything…am I supposed to do anything else or will it just automatically open tomorrow?
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Resources for Writing Mental Illnesses/Disorders/Disabilities in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
Sorry I don’t think I can read/watch any of that, I’m just a bit too sensitive 😅
I’m able to have some related stuff in my story anyways because it’s mostly just a much more severe versions of stuff I’ve experienced, so it isn’t really disturbing to me for that reason.
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Resources for Writing Mental Illnesses/Disorders/Disabilities in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
@folith-feolin yeaaa I won’t be reading that book 😅 and I probably won’t be watching the vid just to be honest either just because I have to be careful what I watch and read especially rn….
But thank u! I’ll try out the article 😊
-
Gwyndalf the Wise replied to the topic I've started my draft, would you guys keep reading this story? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 9 months ago
Hm idk. Layson is very carefree… to the extent it gets himself in trouble sometimes. I mean not many people would leave their home into a dangerous place because they heard somebody they don’t know needs help. Most people would just be like ‘that’s not my problem’. It becomes more important later, he just kinda does what he w…
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Resources for Writing Mental Illnesses/Disorders/Disabilities in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
Yeah poor Paxton! I can understand why he has lasting issues 😥
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic I've started my draft, would you guys keep reading this story? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 9 months ago
Yeah… they’re pretty shippable. XD
I just didn’t want it to get in the way of the friendship plot, and Layson and Everly is the main romance anyways. But yeah, I think they’d be really cute together XD
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
WOAH amazing plot twist! That’s really cool! 😀
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
@mineralizedwritings ok thanks!!
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
Yep! I just checked, it says on the front page ” for Christian writers in their teens and early twenties.”
Cww=crazy writing week
It’s basically where you and others write 1k words in a week (or more). Depending on how much everyone writes collectively, you can win workshops from authors to go too. It’s a…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
@lightoverdarkness6 ahhhh AWESOME!!!! That’s so much like my twist too!!!
also it’s a writing thing happening from the 8th-16th of this month. Sarafini made a forum about it and the link to it is on there. I didn’t know about it or hear about it till then. I’m considering joining tho
-
Light replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
umm…what’s CWW?? I’ve heard of NaNoWriMo, but never CWW.
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
I was pretty sure it’s a christian group… let me check real quick
- Load More
