I’m giving you permission to rant about your WIP

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions I’m giving you permission to rant about your WIP

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 467 total)
  • Author
    Light
    @lightoverdarkness6
      • Total Posts: 1627

@godlyfantasy12

Oooh, that’s a great one!!!

Lol, yeah, I know.

Hmm. Oh!!

Soooo….

You’ve seen me talk about my character, Dylan, right?

Soo, Dylan…works for the villain that kidnaps Asher.

And Dylan is actually the one who was sent to capture Asher.

But…

Asher, Iris, and Dylan….

*whispers* Are siblings.

Tada!! XDXD

That’s right. But they have no idea.

And when they find out….

well, lets just say, that it puts a bunch of uncomfortable feelings and big events into place.

But ya, they actually came to me while washing dishes, listening to a song that reminds me of Asher and Dylan’s relationship.

I can’t wait to write that part.

But ya. What do you think???

#HugRikerSquad

GodlyFantasy12
      @godlyfantasy12
        • Total Posts: 6645

Hey so… @felicity @lightoverdarkness6 is CWW clean?? I kinda wanna join but can’t if it’s not, ya know, kosher lol. Like NaNoWriMo I can’t join ya know

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
        #ProtectMarcel
        #ProtectSeb

MineralizedWritings
        @mineralizedwritings
          • Total Posts: 2803

@godlyfantasy12

I was pretty sure it’s a christian group… let me check real quick

へびは かっこいい です!

Light
          @lightoverdarkness6

@godlyfantasy12

umm…what’s CWW?? I’ve heard of NaNoWriMo, but never CWW.

#HugRikerSquad

GodlyFantasy12
            @godlyfantasy12

@lightoverdarkness6 ahhhh AWESOME!!!! That’s so much like my twist too!!!

also it’s a writing thing happening from the 8th-16th of this month. Sarafini made a forum about it and the link to it is on there. I didn’t know about it or hear about it till then. I’m considering joining tho

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
              #ProtectMarcel
              #ProtectSeb

MineralizedWritings
              @mineralizedwritings

@godlyfantasy12

Yep! I just checked, it says on the front page ” for Christian writers in their teens and early twenties.”

@lightoverdarkness6

Cww=crazy writing week

It’s basically where you and others write 1k words in a week (or more). Depending on how much everyone writes collectively, you can win workshops from authors to go too. It’s a collaborative thing, Idk a lot about it though. It’s starts this monday. Me, my sister and her friends, Sara, booksandbeakers, I think felicity and maybe some others of us are doing it if you guys want to join!

へびは かっこいい です!

MineralizedWritings
                @mineralizedwritings
                  GodlyFantasy12
                  @godlyfantasy12

@mineralizedwritings ok thanks!!

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                    #ProtectMarcel
                    #ProtectSeb

MineralizedWritings
                    @mineralizedwritings

@lightoverdarkness6

WOAH amazing plot twist! That’s really cool! 😀

へびは かっこいい です!

Felicity
                      @felicity
                        • Total Posts: 811

@godlyfantasy12

Yes! It is Christian! *cheers* I have trouble finding clean things to join too. Once it starts tomorrow I think the registration is closed so if you want to join you’ll have to tonight.

He must increase, but I must decrease.

GodlyFantasy12
                        @godlyfantasy12

@felicity I registered!!! So All it did was say I’m registered and that was it, it wouldn’t allow me to go anywhere or anything…am I supposed to do anything else or will it just automatically open tomorrow?

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                          #ProtectMarcel
                          #ProtectSeb

PrincesaChronicle22
                          @princesachronicle22
                            • Total Posts: 759

Aw dang I missed it! Oh well, it sounds cool! Good luck y’all!

Love is patient. Love is kind. Love never fails. -1 Corinthians
                            And guess what? His is eternal (:

Light
                            @lightoverdarkness6

@godlyfantasy12

ahhhh AWESOME!!!! That’s so much like my twist too!!!

Thank you!! Yeah, I had the idea, but I wanted to tell you about it, just in case you want me to change it if it’s too similar to yours, or you just want me to change it. Whatever you want me to do! 😀

also it’s a writing thing happening from the 8th-16th of this month. Sarafini made a forum about it and the link to it is on there. I didn’t know about it or hear about it till then. I’m considering joining tho

Oh, okay!! I just registered too :D!! Can’t wait for it to start!!

@mineralizedwritings

WOAH amazing plot twist! That’s really cool! 😀

Thank you!! Yeah, when I thought of it, I was just like “Wait. Dylan…and Asher? Awesome.” XDXD Their relationship is really….complex, I guess. And then I have another plot twist with a character that you and @godlyfantasy12 like a lot… 😏

Also, @felicity @mineralizedwritings, me and @godlyfantasy12 joined, but I joined this morning. Will it still work for me since I joined on the day that it starts??

#HugRikerSquad

Anonymous
                                • Total Posts: 8156

@lightoverdarkness6. @godlyfantasy12. @mineralizedwritings. @keilah-h. @elishavet-pidyon. @koshka. So…I don’t think anyone is on right now, but I wanted to talk about another charrie, one y’all haven’t really gotten to know yet!

She’s a side character, but she’s soooo sweet and I love her so much. <3

So, I’ll post her reference pic, then share the scene I wrote that really shows her personality.

First, the pic of Frau (Mrs.) Adelmann:

And now…the scene! <3

GLOSSARY:

Mutti: German for Mother

Frau: German for Mrs.

All Wolfgang needed was a bit of medicine from the Jewish doctor’s hidden store.

Leo slipped into the kitchen, quietly stepping so he wouldn’t be heard. At five in the morning, his family would still be sleeping.

And his stepmother had left money on the counter. Money she planned on using for clothing, whilst her youngest stepson suffered from pneumonia.

Well, Wolfgang wasn’t going to be harmed on Leo’s watch.

He grabbed the money off the counter, slipping it into his coat pocket. He knew it was wrong to steal…but what other choice did he have?

“Leo…what are you doing up?”

Leo jumped and turned around, only to face Frau Adelmann, the housekeeper and cook.

“Frau Adelmann…what-what are you doing here so early?”

“I always come at five to start breakfast. What are you doing up so early, hmm?”

“I-I…”

Frau Adelmann glanced at the counter, before turning back to Leo. “Where did Frau Baumann’s money for a new hat and dress go?”

Leo’s gaze fell to his shoes.

Frau Adelmann gasped. Set her hands on her hips. “Leo Noam Baumann, why would you steal from your stepmother like that!?”

“I-I wanted to help Wolfgang. He has a bad cough, and she…she won’t do anything about it.”

“So you decided to take it into your own hands?”

Leo slowly nodded, still not raising his gaze. “…Yes.”

“Stealing is wrong, Leo, you know that.” Frau Adelmann scolded with a shake of her head. “What do you have to say for yourself?”

Leo finally looked up, and his brown eyes met her gray. “…I’m sorry.” He pulled out the money and set it back on the counter. “I-I just wanted to help Wolfgang…I don’t want to l-l-lose him…”

“Maybe so, but stealing is wrong, Leo.”

Leo’s gaze fell again. “I’m sorry…”

After a moment, he dared to look up again, and saw that Frau Adelmann’s eyes had softened. “Your brothers mean so much to you…I know that. I know you want to help your brother, and I admire that, but why didn’t you just ask?”

Leo clenched his fists, fighting back tears. “…I did. But they don’t want to help him.”

Frau Adelmann stared at him for a moment, and Leo anticipated the worst.

“I see. Well…there’s only one solution for that.” Frau Adelmann reached into her dress pocket and pulled out a small stack of money. She set it on the counter. “Take it, Leo, and get whatever you need to take care of your youngest brother and his pneumonia.”

Leo blinked. “W-what?”

Frau Adelmann smiled softly. “You heard what I said. Later in the morning, go get what you need for Wolfgang with the money I’m giving you. It’s my pay for the week, and I want you to have it.”

Leo shook his head. “No…I shouldn’t have even tried to steal…”

“Take it, Leo. Wolfgang needs medicine, and with all you’ve been through recently, you deserve it.”

“No…I-I-“

“Take it, Leo. I want you to have it.”

Slowly, Leo took the money off the counter and slipped it into his coat pocket.

Frau Adelmann smiled, her gray eyes sparkling even in the dark. “I’ve known you for so long, Leo. Why, I held you when you were just a babe. Me and your mother were friends since childhood…”

Leo smiled faintly, even though thinking about his mother hurt.

“She never wanted to leave, you know. And I mean never. She still loves and prays for all of you, of that I am certain. Adinah would be so proud to see how you’ve taken care of your brothers…”

Leo’s gaze fell and tears filled his eyes before he could stop them, briskly making their way down his cheeks in droves.

Frau Adelmann reached for him, placing a hand on each of his cheeks, lifting his face. Their eyes met, and she smiled, eyes brightening with a few tears. “Leo, you have not failed your brothers. I’ve seen you provide for them, take care of them, and protect them to the best of your ability. Adinah would be proud, so proud, very proud, to see how much you’ve taken care of your brothers.”

“N-no…they’ve been hurt…beaten…abused…”

“You’ve protected them as much as you could, Leo. You can’t protect them from everything. You’re only one man.”

Leo shook his head, pulling away from her grip, stepping back. “I should have done better…I failed them…so much.”

“Leo, that’s not-“

“Yes, it is! I’ve failed them every day for eighteen years! My mother wouldn’t be proud…” Leo trailed off, more tears making their way down his cheeks, “…she’d be ashamed.”

Frau Adelmann’s eyes softened even more, and her eyes got even brighter with tears. “Leo, you-“

“What are you doing awake, Leo?”

Leo jumped and turned at the sound of his father’s hard voice. He swiped away the tears coursing down his cheeks.

Felix, in full army uniform, narrowed his eyes, stepping into the kitchen. “I ask again, why are you awake so early?”

Leo didn’t respond, taking in and letting our deep breaths to ease his rapidly beating heart.

Now he wouldn’t be able to get the medicine for Wolfgang. He’d fail his brothers. Again.

Felix came forward and grabbed Leo’s right wrist. “Why are you up so early!?”

Leo didn’t reply, so Felix twisted his wrist, causing Leo to cry out. Felix turned to Frau Adelmann, voice suddenly softening. “Frau Adelmann, do you know why Leo is awake earlier than usual?”

Leo glanced over at Frau Adelmann. If she lied and Felix found out, she could lose her job.

She and her children would be without income, given that her husband died years ago. And there was a big possibility that they would soon be out on the streets.

Leo couldn’t let that happen to her.

“I tried to steal Mutti’s money, Father, and Frau Adelmann stopped me.”

Felix slowly turned to face him, his grip on Leo’s wrist tightening. “Excuse me…!?”

“…I’m sorry.” Leo whispered.

He already was. And he certainly would be sorry soon.

Felix turned back to Frau Adelmann. “I apologize that you had to deal with my son, Frau Adelmann.” He turned back to Leo, and hissed into his ear, “Come with me.”

Leo nodded and tried to follow his father, but he was dragged more than anything else.

Frau Adelmann watched them go with a worried frown, eyes bright with tears, and Leo gave her a small, reassuring smile, reassuring her that he would be alright.

No matter what happened.

MineralizedWritings
                                @mineralizedwritings

@freedomwriter76

THAT WAS SO GOOD! You made me tear up 😥😥 I love Leo so much ! 😭 he just wants to help his brother ! AHH I LOVE THEM!!

へびは かっこいい です!

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 467 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >