-
Snapper replied to the topic Beginners' Tips For Writing Science Fiction in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@brandon-miller There’s a sci-fi month!!! AAAIII!!! I can’t wait!
-
Snapper replied to the topic Balancing Dialogue and Description in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@holly-nelson-gray Aloha!
Dialogue I think is probably more important than description, though description is definitely important. Dialogue shows how the characters interact with each other, and it can also add a bit of setting as well. As for description, you can have some, just be sure to avoid info-dumps. I always skip those. I read a book…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Chapter Titles in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@jadamae Haha! Yes, I know what you mean. “In Which I Fall in Love” isn’t spoilery at all, is it? (I’ve read a book with that exact chapter title.)
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@daeus @graciegirl I’m done for now. My mom and I edited a short story, then I entered it into a contest.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Shorty Story – Mystery in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 4 months ago
Alrighty! Thanks everyone for your wonderful critiques! I have submitted the final draft into the contest, so we’ll see what happens. I’ll know on the 26 whether I’ve won or not. Again, thank you all!
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@daeus Hi again. 😀
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus ‘Sup.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@delightinlife Ooh yay! Chocolate! Thank you for the motivation. 😛 This one is harder than my last.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@winter-rose @daeus @that_writer_girl_99 @ethryndal @jess @northerner @anyone
I’ll be writing the sequel to LKD if anyone wants to join me. -
Snapper replied to the topic Chapter Titles in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Thanks all!
After considering everything you all said, I decided I probably won’t keep them. I mainly just had them before because I don’t know. I had no reason really. They weren’t very good ones anyway. -
Snapper replied to the topic The Wonderland Story in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 5 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien This is great!!! You’re character in Ali is great! Even from the beginning I feel terrible that she has to go through that with her family. I can’t wait to see what happens next!
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@winter-rose I’m done for now. I made some edits to my short story.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Shorty Story – Mystery in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 5 months ago
Hi guys! The story is due in a few days, (the 16th), though I want to turn it in by tomorrow. 😛 Anything I’m missing from this revised draft? (The editors said I should work more on character, so if you see anything that might be able to make it deeper, let me know.) Thanks!
@daeus @kate-flournoy @rolena-hatfield @perfectfifths @winter-rose @ethr…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@winter-rose If you’re still there, I’m editing.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
I’m writing if anyone wants to join. @daeus @dragon-snapper @winter-rose @graciegirl @ethryndal @kate-flournoy
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Blogs: What Would You Like to See More of? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
I love your profile picture, it’s so cute.
Anyway.
My favorite blogs…well, I don’t have just one single aspect that keeps me coming back, but I love personality. I love sassy authors, like @ethryndal. She’s not afraid to say her opinion–no matter how crazy–and it keeps me reading.
My favorite blog would have to be the…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Blogs: What Would You Like to See More of? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
I love your profile picture, it’s so cute.
Anyway.
My favorite blogs…well, I don’t have just one single aspect that keeps me coming back, but I love personality. I love sassy authors, like @ethryndal. She’s not afraid to say her opinion–no matter how crazy–and it keeps me reading.
My favorite blog would have to be the…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Blogs: What Would You Like to See More of? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
I love your profile picture, it’s so cute.
Anyway.
My favorite blogs…well, I don’t have just one single aspect that keeps me coming back, but I love personality. I love sassy authors, like @ethryndal. She’s not afraid to say her opinion–no matter how crazy–and it keeps me reading.
My favorite blog would have to be…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
@aysia-serene Nevermind.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 Late? That wasn’t even a whole day! You’re fine. Besides, we humor our mothers. Especially near Mother’s Day. It’s the least we can do. 😀
And movies are good. XDGreat, I’ll keep praying!
- Load More
