-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Howdy Y'all! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 2 months ago
@Shannon Hi, hi, and HI! Welcome to KP. 😀
-
Emma Flournoy posted an update 9 years, 2 months ago
@GracieGirl Howza pup?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Character's Age in the forum Characters 9 years, 2 months ago
@kate-flournoy *stops snickering*
*bursts into uncontrollable laughter*
Dragon Snapper will never stop laughing. XD -
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Character's Age in the forum Characters 9 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice I see your problem—I’m also in the same boat. I’m writing a children’s book that has an adult protagonist. According to the 2016 Children’s Writer’s and Illustrator’s Market Guide, it is good to have your protagonist be on the oldest side your readership will allow (they recommend not going above college age for YA).
So if you can…[Read more]
-
Kina Lamb replied to the topic Hey Ya'll in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 2 months ago
Well, the tagging thing’s not working. Anyhow, I found out about kingdom pen as soon as Daeus did, but he wouldn’t let me join until I became a ‘teenager.’ (We’re not allowed to be teenagers in our house so I say that word with cringement and apostrophes.) Therefore almost as soon as I turned 13, I jumped on here. I am (kind of) writing a…[Read more]
-
Kina Lamb replied to the topic Hey Ya'll in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 2 months ago
@anonymous 13 and a half. You?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Character's Age in the forum Characters 9 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice
Great question!
First, let me try to think up a reasonable response…
…
…
Personally, I love it when the character is exactly my age, but because YA is such a broad age group, that rarely happens. From 12-18, it’s hard to find a happy medium for everyone in an age group.
So.
As far as I know, the characters I’ve read in YA have…[Read more] -
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writers' Corner #7 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 2 months ago
@graciegirl You still here?
-
Snapper posted an update 9 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice Hi!
I love your profile picture! Are you flying a plane in it? -
Elizabeth replied to the topic Weird novel idea in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 2 months ago
No comment. @daeus
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Weird novel idea in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 2 months ago
Good idea. @epicaddie2
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Weird novel idea in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 2 months ago
Well, here’s a thought. Some trees are more than 100 years old. That means they’ve “seen” a lot of stuff–a lot of historical events, a lot of people, a lot of change. Anyone (or anything) who’s seen stuff like that deserves to have their story told.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writers' Corner #7 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 2 months ago
Anyone out there? I may or may not be editing until 8:30.
@graciegirl @jane-maree @epicaddie2 @shannon @dragon-snapper
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Brainstorming Zone in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 2 months ago
Alright. 🙂 @kate-flournoy
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Brainstorming Zone in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 2 months ago
@kate-flournoy You there? Google doc?
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Weird novel idea in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 2 months ago
I don’t think this idea would work for a full length book, however, if you wanted to make it into a short story or a poem, that would be cool. @epicaddie2
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 2 months ago
Ooh, there’s a quiz for that? Epic. *winks* @epicaddie2
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 2 months ago
I like the Ranger’s Apprentice series too, but Harry Potter and Percy Jackson will always be my favorites. @epicaddie2
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 2 months ago
You can find a person’s tag by going to their profile. For instance– Gracie’s tag is @graciegirl, not the username you see when she posts stuff. It’s the same way with yours–your name is Addie, but your tag is @epicaddie2. See?
I’m a proud member of Slytherin house, much to my siblings’ chagrin. I live with a Ravenclaw (my sister) and a…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 2 months ago
Welcome, welcome! @epicaddie2 glad you’ve found our little corner of the internet.
Since you mentioned Harry Potter, do you know your Hogwarts House?
- Load More

Aw, thanks so much for asking, Emma!
He is doing very well. 🙂 It’ll still be another week or two before we can know for sure if he’s 100% healed up, but he’s back to his usual, playful self so we’re confident he’s all good. 🙂
Aww, that’s great. 😀 What’s his name?
His name is Jasper and he’s about 10 months old. 🙂
Here’s a picture of him being silly if you want an idea of what he’s like. XD
Woops, doesn’t look like it showed up here. XD But it has a link so if you click on it should show you the pic…I think….Oi, technology. 😛
He is CUTE. 😀 😀 😀 Is he a black lab? We used to have one, and though I’m purty sure I wouldn’t like having a pet now, she was my responsibility then and I loved her. Name was Jet. And she was NOT a pup in my memory of her. 😛 She got quite grey around the face.
Aw, labs are adorable. 😀
Actually, Jas is a Chihuahua/Doxin mix so he’s not going to get any bigger. But we do get asked a lot if he’s a lab pup. (At least, we think he’s a Cheweenie. We got him from a rescue that found him and his brother in a kill shelter so it’s hard to say for sure. Chihweenie is our best bet. XD He’s a real melting pot.)
Oh, and sorry if I confused you earlier. 😛 I said it’d be a week or two before we knew for sure if he was better, but I must have misunderstood my mom bc we got the results back the day after I’d said that. XD
Not get any bigger? That is adorable.
Pfft, technicalities. 😛 No problem. 😀