Howdy Y'all!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Howdy Y'all!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 859

Hi guys, my name is Shannon Voeller, and I am extremely excited to be a member of KP! I have been lurking around the forum for sometime now, (while waiting for permission from my parents to sign up) and think that this website is pretty neat! A little bit about myself:

I believe in Jesus Christ’s saving grace and attend Grace OPC.
      I live in South Texas, and am currently trying to discover why so many people don’t like living here. (I love it!)
      I and my younger siblings are homeschooled and I am about to begin my second year of high school
      I love to read.
      I love to listen to country music.
      I play guitar, piano, and violin. Guitar is my favorite because I like to sing while I play.
      I have 3 younger siblings, and 8 older ones.
      I am not a very dedicated writer, but I hope to improve my skill in the coming school year.

bethanys.inky.roses
      @bethanysinkyroses
        • Total Posts: 193

Greetings Shannon! Welcome to the bestistest place on the Internet! I live in the upper states, and I’m on of those people who can’t understand why someone would live somewhere so hot. But hey, if you like it, enjoy it to the fullest!
        Who are your favorite authors?

Hope Ann
        @hope
          • Total Posts: 1092

Welcome, @shannon!!!! You come from a big family too; bigger than mine even. 😀 I have eight younger siblings. Do you have any favorite songs?

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Elizabeth
          @that_writer_girl_99
            • Total Posts: 1819

@shannon Welcome to KP! Glad you found us. 🙂

So cool that you play guitar. So do I, and I sing too! Doing both at the same time is tons of fun.

Do you like writing short stories or poems?

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Daeus
            @daeus
              • Total Posts: 4238

Hi @shannon,

I live in Ohio and love it, but I do really like Texas as well. Well, the green parts, that is.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Kate Flournoy
              @kate-flournoy
                • Total Posts: 3976

Heyyyyy! A fellow Texan! I live in Ohio now, but I was born in East Texas. Minus the scorpions and rattlesnakes and copperheads and cottonmouths and mosquitoes and humidity and fire ants, it’s a really cool place. 😛

Welcome to KP, @Shannon. 😀

Anonymous

Wow! thanks for the great welcome guys!

@bethanysinkyroses
                  I’m sure that this is the bestistest place around! (Where in the world did that term come from anyway?) Yes it is hot here. Yesterday was a new record–105! The heat is the least fun part about living in Texas. My favorite authors are Louisa May Alcott, Elizabeth George Speare, Susan Coolidge, and G.A. Henty. What are your favorite authors?

@hope
                  Eight younger siblings! That is a lot. I bet you are a pro at babysitting 😉. Favorite songs…I really like any country music from the late 1980s to the early 2000s. I like “True Believers” by Darius Rucker, “Should’ve Been a Cowboy” by Toby Keith, “Small Town Southern Man” by Alan Jackson, and “So Magical” by Martina McBride. I love to sing folk music, especially Allison Krauss and Messina and Loggins music. What are your favorite songs?

@that_other_writer_girl_99 What kind of music do you like to play on the guitar? I have been writing poems for about 5 years (my first being a complete failure) and I love writing short stories! What about you?

@daeus
                  Are there green parts in Texas? JK…Lets just say that I don’t really live in a very green part. 😊

Anonymous

@kate-flournoy Yay! So glad I’m not the only Texan around here! OK, I have never seen a cottonmouth, copperhead, or rattlesnake, but I have run into a coral snake (not a live one thankfully!). We just built a new house 2 years ago, and I think that now we have finally exterminated all of them. Humidity…well that is one of the worst parts. Fire ants you can avoid, humidity, you can’t.
                    Texas is pretty awesome though, although I can’t explain why!

Anonymous

Sorry @that_writer_girl_99 I think I tagged you incorrectly. See above

Jess
                      @jess
                        • Total Posts: 575

Hello and welcome @shannon! I’m homeschooled too. 😀 A lot of the people on here were/are homeschooled. I play the piano, but haven’t tried the guitar or violin yet, though I want to. 🙂 What is your favorite genre to write?

Gracie
                        @graciegirl
                          • Total Posts: 889

@Shannon Welcome to the Kingdom! Happy to meet ya. 😀
                          Oooh, I love singing too! But I only know two chords on the guitar so I stick with the piano for accompaniment. 😜

Do you have a main writing project at the moment?
                          Again, welcome to KP! See ya around!

*is probably geeking out about something*

Anonymous

@jess Thanks for the welcome. That’s great that you are homeschooled! What grade are you in? I’m not quite sure the technical term for my favorite genre to write about. It isn’t fantasy, it’s closer to historical fiction, but it isn’t as accurate as historical fiction. I guess I could say that it is historical fiction…but don’t take my word for it. What is your favorite genre to write? I’m guessing that it is fantasy from your profile pic.

Jess
                            @jess
                              • Total Posts: 575

@shannon Grades are difficult when you’re homeschooled, but about tenth grade. 😛 I write fantasy for the most part, but I dabble in sci-fi/dystopian.

Anonymous

@graciegirl Nice to meet you too! What kind of music do you like to sing? As far as a main writing project goes I sorta have one that I haven’t really started yet. My mom suggested that I try to write a story about my family and the crazy things that happen to us. Basically, you could call it, “Scenes from the Life of a Homeschooler Who Has 6 Nieces and 10 Nephews” (if that sums it up for you) Do you have a main writing project right now?

Anonymous

@jess I know how grades are. My younger siblings get asked about their grades all the time and there typical answer is, “I have no clue!”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >