@faithdk
Active 7 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Ivy Rose started the topic Text conversations in fiction in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
I am trying to figure out the best way to include text conversations in one of my WIP’s. Book is in 3rd person. There are so many different ways that I’ve found to put texting conversations in books, but I can’t decide which is best/most clear.
Here are two snippets to show what I have done so far. (Very rough draft…please don’t judge.)…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The CleverNav in the forum Sci-Fi 10 years, 9 months ago
Probably most the CleverNav— I only started choking when Sterling tossed it under the seat and it changed the voice chip.
Just the whole concept behind the malicious navigator was so hilarious… especially to someone like me who absolutely hates both giving and receiving directions for fear something will go wrong.
Also, the humor works with…[Read more] -
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic The CleverNav in the forum Sci-Fi 10 years, 9 months ago
Definitely a good problem. 😉
Well, if there’s nothing bad, what were your favorite parts or what made you laugh? -
Daeus replied to the topic Dystopias: Beneficial or Unbeneficial? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
I’ve got very little exposure to dystopia, but I think it can be a good genre. I even plan to write a dystopia, well a time travel dystopia. As with pretty much any genre, it doesn’t really matter what other people write, since you can write something different while still keeping to the fundamental rules of the genre.
I think there is one major…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The CleverNav in the forum Sci-Fi 10 years, 9 months ago
Glad it was helpful! I wish I could find more to pick on, and so prolong the discussion of this topic, but I really can’t. Not that that’s not a good problem to have… 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Yes— it's Another One in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 9 months ago
YES. Exactly. Denholm frightens people with that. If his cover gets blown and someone notices he’s tired, he just laughs at them or ignores them, depending on what mood he’s in, until he can’t possibly go on any longer. 😛
-
Daeus replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
Well, basically I’m writing the future as a rewrite of the past. You can use it if you want.
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Yes— it's Another One in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 9 months ago
That is what’s ever so nice about this sort of character. 😛 They take so much and still stay cheerful and forgiving. 🙂
It’s almost humorous when Cobalt’s hurt because he just won’t admit that he needs to take it easy for a bit. He’s just “No really, I’m fine!” and keeps going until he passes out or something. XP -
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic The CleverNav in the forum Sci-Fi 10 years, 9 months ago
Thanks, @kate-flournoy! 🙂 I love hearing when my stuff has made people laugh.
Yeah, I noticed that was a bit of a problem, too. I’ll see if I can fix it up on that point. I already fixed what my mom noticed. I didn’t mention the fog soon enough before and it was sort of a “and then… fog!” effect. XD -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Kindle Publishing in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
@dbhgodreigns Thanks so much. And a question about Scrivener. It looks cool, but with regards to formatting, how much more use would it be than Microsoft? I’m currently using Kindle’s Textbook Creator (though I’ve not done much with it yet) to make and export my book…
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Kindle Publishing in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
I’ll even make sure G doesn’t find out you said such things.
Thank you. Thank you from the depths of my heart.
*snickers into hand* Don’t mind me, guys. I’m just… yeah. Don’t mind me.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Dystopias: Beneficial or Unbeneficial? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
@hope said it, Masyn. 🙂
Believe it or not, I don’t think I’ve ever read a dystopian novel, but I definitely know what the genre is.
I will just say a couple of things though. I would say a dystopian story where the hero loses would have more potential for harm than otherwise. Assuming the hero stood for freedom and virtue etc.— everything…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Kindle Publishing in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
@kate-flournoy A guinea-pig! Now you tell me. 😉 But then, as the oldest in my family, I’ve been the guinea-pig my whole life; I suppose I’m used to it. I’ll even make sure G doesn’t find out you said such things.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Dystopias: Beneficial or Unbeneficial? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
I don’t think there is anything inherently better or worse about dystopian fiction when compared to any other fiction. In books, the hero almost always saves the day in some why or another because well, that’s what the hero does, I suppose. Though no matter what the genre, if the book is told from a Christian worldview, then the character will…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
@Daeus Wait, rewrite the future? How can you do that when it’s not even happened? (and how can I put a line like than in some story or another? Unless you’ve claimed it, of course.)
-
Daeus replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
second person, but I more often speak to other (real) people in my head then talk to myself. I like to rewrite the future.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Kindle Publishing in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
I’ve heard good things about using Vellum for formatting a book. It is supposed to be very easy to use and save a lot of time. It is only for mac though.
You can print paper back copies (and sometimes even hard backs) using one of many print on demand programs. The successful self publishing book covers this.
-
Ivy Rose replied to the topic Dear me, I've been selfish in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
@Daeus no, I didn’t get Reader Magnets, but I will. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Kindle Publishing in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
@writefury I suppose that’s true. That is true. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
The second person part of me can be very sarcastic too. 😛
- Load More
