Chatter

Home Page β€Ί Forums β€Ί Fiction Writing β€Ί General Writing Discussions β€Ί Chatter

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 210 total)
  • Author
    Rosey Mucklestone
    @writefury
      • Total Posts: 467

That’s awesome, Hope! πŸ™‚

Daeus
      @daeus
        • Total Posts: 4238

Hey Hope, I just had a couple ideas about your newsletter.

First and foremost, your section β€œWhat to expect from me” should really be on your sign up page. People like to know what to expect before submitting.

Also, I can’t tell what your picture is that you have behind β€œwriting in the light readers”. It would be best to have a picture that is identifiable. Perhaps a sunny sky, or a picture of yourself, or a picture of a bookshelf or something.

I also think a softer background then green would be good. Green is used to grab people’s attention, but you want their attention to be on the text of your email.

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Hope Ann
        @hope
          • Total Posts: 1092

@Daeus Thanks. This is the first time I’ve tried something like this, so any and all kinds of feedback and suggestions are appreciated. πŸ˜‰

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Daeus
          @daeus

Well actually, now that I think of it, there is one way to make yourself look way pro you might want to look into. It is also one of the cheapest ways. Get yourself a logo. How much does it cost?

$5

Fiverr, so much potential, so little cost (I should sell that tag line to them). You can get an awesome logo there for $5 and a lot of other stuff too. Then, just put it at the top of your email, and enjoy your new officialness.

I actually read of one author uses fiverr for just about everything. Is his book blurb good enough? Ask fiverr. Does he need help with a minor formatting problem. Fiverr. You get the picture.

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Hope Ann
            @hope

A logo is a good idea. Currently I’m thinking about changing the header of my e-mails to plain text…or maybe not. I looked up Fiverr and that could work. Though you have to pay extra for colors most of the time and if you want to have full rights, you pay more too. Maybe I’ll see if I can get my brother to help me. He’s good at art stuff when he cares to do it.

Now to think of a logo…a rose, silver maybe because I love silver and blue together. But a silver rose and then a sword and a pen. Or maybe a rose and a parchment… Ideas, anyone? πŸ™‚ Something blue and silver with a rose which is writerly.

Daeus
              @daeus

How much option you have with your logo depends on which gig you choose. There are many good logo designers on fiverr, so look them over and pick the one that seems the best. I got mine for five and it had three revisions and the guy I used (unfortunately I can’t remember who he was) gave me about three versions for each revision and I think I only used two revisions.

You could have a rose with a sword/pen beneath it. That could look really cool. It would almost be like a coat of arms.

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Hope Ann
                @hope

A random and slightly crazy question…judge me insane if you wish. Most people say they talk to themselves, but what they consider talking to themselves and what I consider talking to myself are two very different things. It would probably be more accurate to say I talk with myself. Anyway *takes deep breath*…do you talk to yourself in first or second person? Or even third?

Kate Flournoy
                  @kate-flournoy
                    • Total Posts: 3976

Second person. Always second person. πŸ™‚

Hope Ann
                    @hope

@kate-flournoy Yes!!! Same here; I asked my sister that question and the look she gave me still makes me laugh.

Rosey Mucklestone
                      @writefury
                        • Total Posts: 467

Only when I am extremely nervous or in a very stressful situation do I talk out loud in second person.
                        The occasional first person comment on a ridiculous situation is more common for me. Sarcastic first person.

Kate Flournoy
                        @kate-flournoy

The second person part of me can be very sarcastic too. πŸ˜›

Daeus
                          @daeus

second person, but I more often speak to other (real) people in my head then talk to myself. I like to rewrite the future.

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Hope Ann
                            @hope

@Daeus Wait, rewrite the future? How can you do that when it’s not even happened? (and how can I put a line like than in some story or another? Unless you’ve claimed it, of course.)

Daeus
                              @daeus

Well, basically I’m writing the future as a rewrite of the past. You can use it if you want.

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Kate Flournoy
                                @kate-flournoy

Hey I just wanna say something really quick.

If you want to write good books, read good books. You can learn twice as much from reading one well-written novel than from reading a dozen books on how to write that kind of novel.

I would not even be writing today if my parents hadn’t seen to it that I had almost endless resources of high quality literature at my fingertips. Soβ€” read ’em. Read the things you aspire to write, and you’ll be that much closer.

Sorry. Just had to speak my mind. πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜›

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >