Yes— it's Another One

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Critiques Novel Critique Requests Yes— it's Another One

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Rosey Mucklestone
    @writefury
      • Total Posts: 467

I really liked the drink description, personally. You did a really good job there. But I would repeat Daeus’s question: Is it important? I got the impression it was poisoned or something. (Not sure if that’s just a hunch, but it seems like the drink is important)

Kate Flournoy
      @kate-flournoy
        • Total Posts: 3976

Thanks @Daeus and @writefury— the drink is not important. So I conclude it was a good description as descriptions go, but unnecessary, which cancels that out. 😛

Thanks guys! I’ll make it seem less important. 🙂

Rosey Mucklestone
        @writefury

Glad we could help. 🙂

But wait, plot twist here, what if the drink was important? How would that alter the story?

Kate Flournoy
          @kate-flournoy

Well then Denholm would die of poison and the whole world would crumble in ruin, quite simply. 😛

It’s okay— that almost happened anyway, because they were discovered halfway through the camp and he was very, very badly wounded.

Rosey Mucklestone
            @writefury

Ah, I see. 😛 I would never want you to kill Denholm. Cobalt’s rather banged up at the moment as well, though. XD

Kate Flournoy
              @kate-flournoy

Ah, poor Cobalt. In with the bad guys, is he?

I don’t think Denholm’s going to stop being banged up and banged around until the climax finally finally comes and goes. Everything’s gone wrong for the poor guy lately.

It’s okay. He forgives me. 😛

Rosey Mucklestone
                @writefury

That is what’s ever so nice about this sort of character. 😛 They take so much and still stay cheerful and forgiving. 🙂
                  It’s almost humorous when Cobalt’s hurt because he just won’t admit that he needs to take it easy for a bit. He’s just “No really, I’m fine!” and keeps going until he passes out or something. XP

Kate Flournoy
                  @kate-flournoy

YES. Exactly. Denholm frightens people with that. If his cover gets blown and someone notices he’s tired, he just laughs at them or ignores them, depending on what mood he’s in, until he can’t possibly go on any longer. 😛

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  >