@faithdk
Active 7 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic I need help with a line in my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Hey Tessa Just! Australia— that’s so cool! 🙂 Welcome to the forum.
What about just ‘ Life is full of dangers, but that shouldn’t stop us from living it.”
-
BlueJay replied to the topic I need help with a line in my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
You’ll all have to excuse spelling errors and grammatical problems. I am dreadful with checking my own work. *And I call myself a writer!!!!!!!!!!!* 😀
-
BlueJay started the topic I need help with a line in my story in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 9 months ago
G’day All, (I’m Australian)
Yes, I am new to the forum but I have been following it quite closely. But I got stuck while writing a short story and I decided to see what you guys could come up with.
Here is part of the story and the line I don’t like.“Us? Go to Africa? How could we afford it? Think how dangerous – and anyway we’re both…[Read more]
-
BlueJay started the topic I need help with a line in my story in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 9 months ago
G’day All, (I’m Australian)
Yes, I am new to the forum but I have been following it quite closely. But I got stuck while writing a short story and I decided to see what you guys could come up with.
Here is part of the story and the line I don’t like.“Us? Go to Africa? How could we afford it? Think how dangerous – and anyway we’re both…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Lovely Words in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
My favourite word – verbose. Best word I ever found!!! 😛
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Perfect love poem in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Wow! I loved your poem. I am really bad at writing poetry, so I really admire those who can. As to titles- *rubs hands together*
Perfect Love
Breaking Free
No Fear in Love
Casting out Fear
1 John 4:18
Because of God’s Love
Love verses Fear
God is Love
Well, that’s all I can think of off the top of my head. 🙂 -
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Lovely Words in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
Hahaha! Please tell your sister that’s the best word I’ve heard in a long time! Love it 😀
-
Ivy Rose replied to the topic Kindle Publishing in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
@Daeus, about the links, I would imagine that the other platforms do the same thing that my Kindle does. Whenever I finish a book on my Kindle, the last page turn makes a pop-up appear and it says, “Before you go, rate this book/write a review.” I’ve never read on any other e-reader, and only recently got my Kindle, but I’d think that other…[Read more]
-
Ivy Rose replied to the topic Text conversations in fiction in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Good idea, Rosey. Thanks!
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic The CleverNav in the forum Sci-Fi 10 years, 9 months ago
Love the changing voice and how CleverNav tries to drive Sterling off a cliff. And the muffled ‘arrived’. 🙂
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Lovely Words in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
Oh, I like it. XD
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic The CleverNav in the forum Sci-Fi 10 years, 9 months ago
Thanks! 😀 The conflict thing was fun to have. Usually, the humor is a distraction from a story tension and it was cool to write the other way. 🙂
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Text conversations in fiction in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Looks good for the most part. I’d maybe start a new paragraph when a text starts? Not sure, it just might make it stand out more.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Lovely Words in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
My five year old sister contributes— I kid you not, she made up this word on the spur of the moment, and I was dreadfully impressed.
I don’t remember exactly what she made it up about— I think she was talking about my hair, which has a tendency to curl if left loose. Anyway. Here’s the word. You ready?
Swoogley. She said my hair was…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Kindle Publishing in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
Wow, I jus got Vellum, and it is officially sweet. The only thing I’m wondering about is if you can create slightly different files for each distributor. For instance, a link to leave a review for the site it was bought from (amazon link for kindles etc). I’m also wondering if you would have to pay again if you wanted to export a revised addition…[Read more]
-
Ivy Rose replied to the topic Kindle Publishing in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
@Daeus Thanks for mentioning Vellum! I’d never heard about it before, but I’m always interested by Mac-only programs as they usually work better than Microsoft programs adapted for Mac. 😉
Let me just say that Vellum is AWESOME! I have been screwing around with it for the last two hours…seriously, I cannot believe how easy it is. The program…[Read more]
-
Ivy Rose replied to the topic Kindle Publishing in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
@Daeus Thanks for mentioning Vellum! I’d never heard about it before, but I’m always interested by Mac-only programs as they usually work better than Microsoft programs adapted for Mac. 😉
Let me just say that Vellum is AWESOME! I have been screwing around with it for the last two hours…seriously, I cannot believe how easy it is. The program…[Read more]
-
Ivy Rose replied to the topic Text conversations in fiction in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Thanks Kate! I was thinking that quotes might make it clearer, not only for the reader but for me! 🙂
Love your made up words, by the way. And the pun is awesome. 😉
No, Chelsea isn’t particularly afraid of flying, but she is scared and sad to be leaving her family to attend college on the opposite side of the States, where she will be living…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Text conversations in fiction in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Well, the way you have it seems good to me! Another way to do it would be to italicize and quotationize… *sigh* These made-up words will be the death of me yet. To italicize and place inside quotation marks the text messages, just to define them and make them more noticeably something not part of the actual text. (No pun intended).
Question—…[Read more]
-
Ivy Rose started the topic Text conversations in fiction in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
I am trying to figure out the best way to include text conversations in one of my WIP’s. Book is in 3rd person. There are so many different ways that I’ve found to put texting conversations in books, but I can’t decide which is best/most clear.
Here are two snippets to show what I have done so far. (Very rough draft…please don’t judge.)…[Read more]
- Load More
