@faithdk
Active 7 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Another Cobalt Scene in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 8 months ago
Haaaaaaaaaa… that’s good. I like that. And I think I know what he looks like now, though I’m guessing he’s generally not quite that ragged. 😉 Thanks so much @writefury!
-
Rosey Mucklestone started the topic Another Cobalt Scene in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 8 months ago
Here you go, @kate-flournoy. 😉 The self playing piano scene directly before my other one.
“I was only out for like two minutes,” Cobalt scratched at his hair underneath the edge of his hat, “It’s not like I’m dying.”
“Still, some food would be good,” the driver pulled up to the rickety looking old restaurant in the middle of town. “Besid…[Read more] -
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Input on my logo please in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
I like #4 personally. It’s the clearest that what we’re looking at is a heron. 😉
And of course, add the E. -
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Series Title in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
While we’re playing with the Thesaurus…
Tales of Light
Sagas of Light
Yarns of Light
Memoirs of Light
Epics of Light
Narrations of LIghtYeah, don’t take me to seriously here. 😛 Though the first one wasn’t bad….
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Escape scene critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 8 months ago
@hope and @kate-flournoy Thanks! I was afraid I’d missed something like that. 😛 The policeman thing, Cobalt was supposed to be facing the opposite way from them, away from the car, so he saw it and they didn’t. But yeah, I did kind of drop the other henchman at that part. XD Will fix that.
@kate-flournoy Correct on the blue eyes, though he has…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Dystopian Time Travel Story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
Well @Daeus, if you feel confident you can pull it off well, go for it. Too often I’ve heard an idea and absolutely freaked out because I didn’t think I could do it well, then realized that whoever it was that was doing it pulled it off perfectly.
I guess I’m no fit standard for other peoples’ skills. Hm… that’s a good thing actually. 😛
And…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Series Title in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
Hm… well, Narratives of Light is a little dry. Chronicles of Light is good… maybe a tad bit too… ehhhh, what’s the word… too… well, the length of ‘Chronicles’ kinda swallows up the monosyllabic structure of ‘Light’. Just my picky and totally ignorable opinion. 😛
Aaaand Fables of Light sounds like you’re trying to say ‘Light is a…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Escape scene critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 8 months ago
Okay, so more Cobalt for those of you who enjoyed that before.
Count me in that number. 😛
And the only things I had questions about was what @hope pointed out— what happened to the other bad guy and why didn’t the bad guys notice the policeman.
Otherwise, I loved it as I always do. Question that has nothing to do with the quality of the…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Series Title in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
I like Legends of Light…the downside is that the initials are LOL. Not that that has to be a problem, but still… 😉
So I thought I could do something like the Legends of Light Saga though that gets a bit long. My Dad suggested I look up other words for story and here are a few series titles I came up with. Any favorites?
Narratives of…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Escape scene critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 8 months ago
One question, why didn’t the bad guys notice the policeman? And what happens to the second bad guy who should be watching Cobalt? Wait, that was two questions… 😉
-
Rosey Mucklestone started the topic Escape scene critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 8 months ago
Okay, so more Cobalt for those of you who enjoyed that before. 😛
This is a short bit after Cobalt… um… rather ungracefully alerted two of the pursuing bad-guy-henchdudes of his presence by starting off a self-playing piano. He was then chased and caught. This is the aftermath.
Tell me any corrections that need to be made and what you…[Read more] -
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Dystopian Time Travel Story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
@daeus I think the Lollards might be a nice, historical tie-in. But you could have them be believers even if not. Depends on how much research you’re wanting to do. 😛
There’s pretty much two ways to take on the whole traveling-back-in-time-thing. Either you humorously explain the way history is in the books, or you alter it. I’d say you’re…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Dystopian Time Travel Story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
@kate-flournoy Well the good news is that thistles are edible, but the bad news is they have spikes. I guess we’re both biting off more than we can chew.
Very good point about historical revisionism needing a point. I’m not sure it needs a historical point though. I think it would be fine if the point was more concerned with character and plot…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Dystopian Time Travel Story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
Yikes @Daeus! A dystopian time travel historical revisionist fictional novel! Are you sure you didn’t bite off more than you can chew? 😉
*puts on ‘wet-blanket’ (more commonly known as ‘Eeyore’) expression* If I was writing this book (which you’ll notice I’m not) but if I was writing this book, I would stick with either the time-travel genre or…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Input on my logo please in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
Hm… I’m going to say go with #1. I would also advise a simpler font if this is going to be shrunken (glances around nervously for @The-Happy-Bookaholic) heh-heh… shrinked? Nope. It’s shrunken.
Anyway, if the font is going to be shrunken, I would suggest a little more simplicity, but it’s not overly important. Love the heron, by the way. That…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Input on my logo please in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
Hmm, yeah, make everything more bold. “Be bold!” there you go.
-
Ivy Rose replied to the topic Input on my logo please in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
@Daeus thank you! I do like the font, but the lines are so thin even at this substantially blown up size.
@Bluejay EEEK!!! I didn’t even see the missing E! Thank you!!!! 🙂
@Hope I do really like the fancy Y at the end of Publishing, but I like the sound of Publications better. Maybe he can do a fancy S or something. 🙂
Do you all think the…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Input on my logo please in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
I like number 1…it’s really close between 1 and 4, but I think I like the slightly bolder lines of 1. It wouldn’t hurt for the font to be a little bolder and Tessa’s right…the e is missing in Lakeside. 🙂 But both Lakeside Publishing and Lakeside Publication sound cool. Though if you have ‘publishing’ then you get the cool twist with the final…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Input on my logo please in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
@ivy-rose – I agree with Daeus. I like number four too. You said that your website is “Lakeside” Publications but the logo has “Lakside.” Is that meant?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Input on my logo please in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
@ivy-rose My personal favorite is number 4. I do think you should see if your designer can make the font a little bolder, but I think the basic font is fine. I also think I would prefer Lakeside Publications.
I would recommend you see if you can get a version of the logo with just the herring and reeds, since that would be better for the side of…[Read more]
- Load More
