@faithdk
Active 7 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Symbols continued in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
YES. ABSOLUTELY ONE HUNDRED PERCENT CORRECT @ROLENA-HATFIELD
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Boiled Potatoes from Blue Sky in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
A book where nobody dies.
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Symbols continued in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Sometimes, symbols can be used to actually tell the story.
Hmmm… I’m thinking that this is the whole purpose of symbols anyway. They’re there to tell the story. Just like the blue moon in my novel, or the linder stones in Princess Academy or the ring in LOTR. Their all there to tell us something about the character, remind us about something…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Symbols continued in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Princess Academy sounds fascinating. And the surroundings symbol is a really good idea. And…
It’s not so easy for our brave, courageous hero to walk around with their great-grandmother’s lace croquet pillow and still look fearless.
That so totally made me laugh.
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Symbols continued in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
That thought, was an inspiring one! @kate-flournoy You almost got me to cry out in agony for the poor mother sitting there teary eyed as she watched the flickering flame go out in a little poof.
I love symbols. Especially when they are something other than a necklace. 🙂 Although I’ve used a necklace before in a book I’m actually working on…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Symbols continued in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Okay, I think this topic merits reintroducing. 🙂
New thought on this. Sometimes, symbols can be used to actually tell the story.
Let me explain. I’ll use an example because I have no idea if this kind of… thing… has a technical term.Say we have a fantasy world where each and every single person has a candle— lit and burning from the…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic What is self-publishing? in the forum Publishing & Platform 10 years, 8 months ago
You do everything or contract what you want, you have complete control of everything, you can do whatever you want, you make or break yourself and all of your mistakes and all of your victories rest on you. It is an incredible opportunity. A little scary, but the opportunities for success are way broader than the opportunities for failure. The…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Boiled Potatoes from Blue Sky in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
A prince who is selfish (and decides to leave the princess in the tower
Love it @gretald -
Greta replied to the topic Boiled Potatoes from Blue Sky in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
A prince who is selfish (and decides to leave the princess in the tower :P)
A villain who wants to be good but doesn’t know how
A hero who wants to join the villain…I don’t know; that’s all I’ve got. 🙂
-
Greta replied to the topic Boiled Potatoes from Blue Sky in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
A villain who despises black and so wears lime green all the time.
xD I love that @rolena-hatfield 🙂
-
Greta replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 8 months ago
Ok, I know I’m late, but welcome to Kingdom Pen @anna-brie! I haven’t been here that long, but I’ve already learned a TON about writing. 🙂 It’s an awesome website! Hope you enjoy it as much as I have. 😀
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
For me, I know it’s bad and I’ll have to try and fix it up later. I need need someone else’s opinion to convince me my first draft is terrible. But then I have had it confirmed when I read that every first draft is bad. And then it doesn’t bother me.
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic What is self-publishing? in the forum Publishing & Platform 10 years, 8 months ago
I can do my best to explain it to you by my experience in self-publishing. 🙂
So once I was finished with the long and tedious editing process of my novel, I researched the best possible free e-book publishing companies out there. I went ahead and choose to use Booktango because they offered 100% royalties of all sale made on their site. And…[Read more]
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 8 months ago
A big HELLO and WELCOME to you @anna-brie! So glad to have you on the forum!
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Boiled Potatoes from Blue Sky in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Oh Wow! Ya’ll just made my day!
A villain who despises black and so wears lime green all the time.
A Pioneer family moving back East.
A hero who dies. (told through the villain’s perspective)
A scrawny little man with a huge bellowing laugh.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
*good. Not go
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
So true @anna-brie. So true. I don’t know how many times I’ve written something that I think is so go only to have my mum or sister tell me is so uninteresting or not needed.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Exactly.
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Two good bits of advice there. I can see a lot of the problems in my writing though. It’s particularly when you think it’s alright that you need someone to tell you what’s wrong with it.
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Word processing software in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
I’ve used ywriter. It’s not got as much functionality as scrivener, but it’s free. I haven’t used it much though, since I’m writing by hand. I got the scrivener free trial and I’ve only looked at it a couple of times. Probably because I don’t want it to run out, but then it’s not much use just sitting there.
http://www.spacejock.com/yWriter5.html - Load More
