@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Magical swords…and stuff in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Sounds like an interesting project @hope! I’m afraid I don’t have any ideas for you 🙁 Is it for our latest WIP?
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Hey, writers! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 7 months ago
Welcome to Kingdom Pen, Ingrid! 😀
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic er….hello sweetie in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 7 months ago
@zoe-wingfeather YESSS! CURLY GIRLS UNITE! XD I just got mine cut shorter, so it looks quite a bit like yours. No purple, though. 😛
*low whistle* Whoo… lotsa fandoms. I’m in on the Princess Bride and Marvel bit, though I speak Whovian and Tolkienish quite fluently (due to friends/family in those) 😉 -
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
@gretald Isn’t theater great 😉 It’s one of my favoritest things to do, (besides writing of course ;)) Oh do tell which shows you’ve been in and what parts you played! I’m itching to get back on the community stage! It’s been a whole year and a half since I last did a show 🙁 Mainly because the shows have been dis-honoring ones.
Anyway, let’s…[Read more]
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Characterization help…again in the forum Characters 10 years, 7 months ago
I’m not sure if I recommended MBTI before, but that’s a good starting place.
Are they introverted or extroverted?
What makes them laugh?
What’s there pet peeve?
What random things do they like/dislike?
Any gestures or particular phrases they tend to use?
Etc.
Generally, my characters sort of begin with one defining idea and grow from there. And…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic "Pen Names" A Good or Bad Move? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Hey now, if you can’t become a successful author with an O’…” name, nobody can.
-
Kate Flournoy and
Mallory O'Bier are now friends 10 years, 7 months ago -
Ingrid and
Tatiana are now friends 10 years, 7 months ago -
Ingrid's profile was updated 10 years, 7 months ago
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Hey, writers! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 7 months ago
@belegteleri
I know, right? And Thank you!!! -
Greta replied to the topic Characterization help…again in the forum Characters 10 years, 7 months ago
Thanks! @kate-flournoy
@adry_grace, thanks for the tips! 🙂
-
Greta replied to the topic In the words of the greatest spider in history: Salutations. in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 7 months ago
@adry_grace: Hehe, I’m as distracted as they come. 😉 Yeah, LOTR is a pretty hard read (my dad read it out loud to my siblings and me the first time). But it’s really worth it. Yes! Tolkien is the geniusest genius of all the geniuses. 😛
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Hey, writers! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 7 months ago
@adry_grace
Yay, another singer!!! 😀 I love fantasy…I’ve never tried writing anything else, really. -
Greta replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
@rolena-hatfield and @bluejay:
Did someone say theater? I LOVE theater!!! And musicals…and…and…all of it. @rolena-hatfield, you do community theater???? Okay, we need to talk! I do community theater, too! *suddenly remembers to breathe* This is so exciting! Who were you in the shows you listed, @rolena-hatfield?
-
Greta replied to the topic Characterization help…again in the forum Characters 10 years, 7 months ago
Oh, okay. Thanks for the ideas and help @Daeus! 🙂
-
Ingrid replied to the topic er….hello sweetie in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 7 months ago
@zoe-wingfeather
I love basically ALL of those movies and books!!! 😀 -
Ingrid replied to the topic er….hello sweetie in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 7 months ago
@zoe-wingfeather
I love basically ALL of those movies!!! 😀 -
Ingrid replied to the topic Characterization help…again in the forum Characters 10 years, 7 months ago
@Daeus
Amen to that last statement! -
Daeus replied to the topic Characterization help…again in the forum Characters 10 years, 7 months ago
@gretald
Mostly intuition and mostly as I go. When I first make a character, I get a feel for them. It’s not really a set definition of who they are, it’s more about how they make me feel. When I’m writing them in a scene, I try to bring out that feeling in concrete character qualities. Sometimes I emphasise character qualities I have already…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Characterization help…again in the forum Characters 10 years, 7 months ago
Yep, well there it is! 😉 And I’ll be happy to answer any further questions you have, of course, provided I KNOW the answers. 😉 😀
I just figured you should see if any of your questions had already been answered before we went over it again. 😛 - Load More
