In the words of the greatest spider in history: Salutations.

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE In the words of the greatest spider in history: Salutations.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Adry_Grace
    @adry_grace
      • Total Posts: 169

Okay. Well. I’m really bad at this whole introducing myself thing but I shall try.

*Grover voice* HELLO EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m Adry Grace and you’d probably never EVER guess this about me but I really like to write. And read. And daydream. Also. There might be a possibility that I spend too much time watching TV. I’ll read just about anything (books, emails, blogs, cereal boxes etc). I’m a huge science fiction fan, but am too scared to attempt to write a science fiction book for years to come… But I will read an Orson Scott Card book any day of the week.

Other than that, the only other important thing I can think to say is that in the upcoming Civil War movie I am completely Team Bucky, because Bucky is NOT a villian.

Hope Ann
      @hope
        • Total Posts: 1092

Welcome. And yes for Bucky!!! Love him (in a completely fictional, writerly way)! And I’m very much looking forward to Civil War. 🙂 Captain America all the way!

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

BlueJay
        @bluejay
          • Total Posts: 1622

@ardy_grace Do you love sesame street? Cause I do!!!! Go all sesame street. In fact I’m learning a song from there. It is called “I don’t want to live on the moon”
          Anyway…with that out of my system…Welcome to Kingdom Pen. A great place. Full of useful information. And extremely funny. (At times) 😀
          Wow! Who would have guessed??? You like to WRITE??? But…that…but…why…Unbelievable!!! Hooray! You made history. Congratulations *shakes hands with you* 😛
          How many stories have you written? How long/short? What do you like to write about?
          Hmm that’s all for now. *hovers over submit button* Oh, wait. Forgot to say…Enjoy!
          *Now moves mouse down and clicks ‘submit’*

BlueJay
          @bluejay
            • Total Posts: 1622

oops. Try tagging thing again @adry_grace
            *nods.* that’s better.

Adry_Grace
            @adry_grace

thanks! i’m with you and cap all the way @hope_schmidt
              and yes @tessa_just I do happen to love Sesame Street. I am not ashamed to admit that I will randomly burst out singing “Will you tell me how to get, how to get to Sesame Street” and/or “Elmo’s World.”
              How many stories I have written is hard. How many have I started? Too many to count. How many have I finished? Those I can count on one hand. (Three. The number is three.) Currently, I am working on a novel I hope to finish the rough draft of by the end of the year. (I admit I am a slow writer) Whether or not I publish it is TBD. 😛
              Oh. And I mainly write fantasy. But science fiction and historical fiction are both on the “To some day be achieved” list.

Adry_Grace
              @adry_grace

oops! wrong tags @bluejay @hope

Kate Flournoy
                @kate-flournoy
                  • Total Posts: 3976

Welcome to KP, @adry_grace! I’ve not read a ton of scifi, but I have a scifi novel all planned out that I’m super excited about. Why do you like scifi so much, if you can tell me? Is it just all the awesome, confusing, techy stuff that makes no sense and makes your head spin? 😉

And: Salutations. 😉

Adry_Grace
                  @adry_grace

Thanks @kate-flournoy
                    I’m not sure I could pin down the exact reason I love scifi. It probably has something to with the fact that: I am a huge geek. Anything to do with physics or chemistry FASCINATES me. Also, space blows my mind. Which is why I like Star Trek, The Martian, and anything with an alien invasion. (Dark matter and dark energy, by the way, fascinating stuff.)
                    So yeah. It’s all the awesome, confusing, techy stuff that makes no sense and makes your head spin.
                    Oh. It also helps that Orson Scott Card (who is my favorite author of all time) is a science fiction author. If you’ve heard of Ender’s Game, he wrote that. I won’t get into details because I honestly will not shut up about Orson Scott Card OR his books if I get started on them.

Rosey Mucklestone
                    @writefury
                      • Total Posts: 467

Welcome to the bestiest place on the internet, @Adry_Grace! 😀
                      Yay for Team Cap! *high fives* I’m on that side for so many reasons. 😛

Greta
                      @gretald
                        • Total Posts: 450

Hello, @adry_grace! It’s nice to meet you. 🙂 I CAN’T WAIT FOR CIVIL WAR, but I’m not sure who’s side I’m on… 😛 What are your favorite books?

Daeus
                        @daeus
                          • Total Posts: 4238

Hi howdy hey. Welcome aboard Adry!

Totally get you about the cereal box thing.

You’ll love this place. My two cent’s worth. Seriously, I’m that frugal.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Adry_Grace
                          @adry_grace

Thanks guys!

@gretald
                            I have a list about 20 miles long of my favorite books, but I think almost all of Orson Scott Card’s books are fantastic. To add a few more I would say The Maze Runner series by James Dashner, The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak, The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey (although I didn’t care for the sequel), Little Men by Louisa May Alcott, Johnny Tremain by Esther Forbes, and The Martian by Andy Weir. I think that about covers it… Oh. I’m also a huge fan of Edgar Allen Poe’s poetry.
                            Also, @daeus I’m with on being frugal. I’m not so sure I would have given two cents! Unless of course, my opinion was very very very important. 😛

Adry_Grace
                            @adry_grace

Oh wow. TYPO ALERT!!! ****I’m with you on

Much better.

Greta
                              @gretald
                                • Total Posts: 450

@adry_grace: Yep, my favorite books list is…really long, too. 😛 Maze Runner was good–have you read the other books in the series? I’ve heard from a lot of people that the Book Thief is great, but I’ve never read it. Maybe I’ll pick it up this summer. 😉 I’m pretty much planning on doing nothing else but reading and writing this summer. XD

Adry_Grace
                                @adry_grace

@gretald My plans for summer are scarily similar to yours! Haha!
                                  Yes. I have read all the books in the Maze Runner series (a couple of times) and am counting down the days until the one coming out this fall.
                                  You should read the Book Thief! It really is a great book! I own it and it is among my prized possessions!
                                  What are some of your favorite books?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >