@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Tales Untold in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
A dragon who saves the princess from the knight.
Or a dragon who has to save the prince from the princess. 😉
I’ve pages of story ideas…here are a few.
Mirrors; two reflection worlds. The will of a person is on one side, and their emotions on the other. The wall separating the two parts of one girl start to break down and she discovers…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@overcomer Come 21 you can always create your own site. Your own site has your own rules. Or you find another place to publish or do Wattpad or something.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Hello everyone! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
@sarah-h Yep
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@overcomer It looks like the submission guideline page is under construction or something because it’s not showing up anymore. 😉 But the KP team had talked about putting a 21 age limit on stories and so that’s probably what they’ve done. There aren’t age limits on articles though.
But…I should ask. Maybe KP could post one story a month from…[Read more]
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
I’ll be ought by then. Ad the last two days I missed it.
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Scene critique (hi, it's me again) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 5 months ago
@writefury
Okay, so can I be the first to say…WOW!!!! This is so amazing!!! I want to read ALL of this! I did notice just a few small things: after Jazz is listening at Jean’s door, you say Silence answered. To me, that doesn’t make much sense since he didn’t call out or anything so nothing could have answered him. That might just be me…hope…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Bluejay, well at least you’ve got a top notch excuse. Actually, I’ll be taking classes from the crickets, so it’s all good. You only ever hear their crickety noise, but they sing even better.
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Well, I’m getting more writing done right now. But I’m unsure if I’ll be able to tonight. (It depends on how long the company stays 🙂 )
@daeus It may or may not be just you…and the crickets. -
Greta replied to the topic Tales Untold in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@writefury, I like it! I mean, I like them…the stories ideas, that is. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Oh, stop! You made my empathy kick in. *sobs miserably* But I can’t write with you, I’ve got singing…. Quick, someone come and write with @daeus.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Scene critique (hi, it's me again) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 5 months ago
This is really great Rosey. I only have two small comments. First, when Jean says, “R-Really?” This seems too much like a quick mood swing. I would just have something like, “Oh-“.
Second, the part where the two bad guys are talking: I don’t know quite how to say this but it seems – almost – formulaic – kind of. I mean, first of all, the bad guy…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
That’s fine @bluejay I’ll just have to manage without you. Unless anyone else wants to join *cricket noises* …Anyone???
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Hello everyone! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
Yes it was a recent critique. You can read the rest of it in the Short Story forum.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Things I'm learning in my self-edit in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy Yes! I love replacing dialogue tags with body language.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Scene critique (hi, it's me again) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 5 months ago
*sigh* @writefury
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@daeus I won’t be able to join you today in writing as I’ll be out. Sorry.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Things I'm learning in my self-edit in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus YES. I have surprised myself over and over again with the realization of what I was doing. Mostly it was with dialogue tags, actually— said furiously, shouted angrily, etc. etc. While there’s not anything particularly WRONG with those, it sounds better if I say ‘snapped’ or ‘screamed’, and it also lets the reader draw their own…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Scene critique (hi, it's me again) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 5 months ago
ACK!!!!!!!!!! ACK ACK ACK GIVE ME THE REST GIVE ME THE REST I WANT TO SEE JEAN’S FACE WHEN SHE REALIZES COBALT IS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!! *collapses in nervous wreck on floor, melts into tears*
No complaints. Absolutely no complaints— just one thing, and it’s not really something badly done as much as it is something that could have been done…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Tales Untold in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
A kid named Cardboard who lives in a dumpster in an alley (you know, the ones that say “cardboard only”? Har-har, I’m so clever.)
Ha! That’s great.
-
Rosey Mucklestone started the topic Scene critique (hi, it's me again) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 5 months ago
Yep, it’s the same book I’ve been doing this for. So you get more Cobalt @kate-flournoy. 😛
This part is a huge turning point near the end of the story, so I just need to make sure I’m getting everything polished up here.
So, polishing tips would be nice. 😉Background for this scene: Jean accidentally cut off the communications with Frost, who…[Read more]
- Load More
