@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy Yep
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus I am… till 9:00?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy, @hannah-c Sorry I’m late. Are either of you writing tonight? Either way, I’m off to get a bit of editing done.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
*throws cookie in trash can*
@kate-flournoy I very well might just spam that post.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
*throws cookie in trash can*
I very well might just spam that post.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Chocolate chip.
@Daeus WHAT?! No m&ms?! *throws cookie in trash can* you can have the rest of mine.
-
Greta replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Eh, what’s that? *yawns and stares sleepily at the topic* *sees cookies and perks up*
@Daeus You have cookies? Can I… *inches closer to cookies* *snatches one and gulps it down*
Okay, all silliness aside, this is a great topic @kate-flournoy @Daeus @ingridrd. Great thoughts, everyone! Daeus, great point about the ending having to relate to…[Read more] -
Ingrid and
Mallory O'Bier are now friends 10 years, 4 months ago -
Daeus replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy Chocolate chip.
Oooh, that thing about what the character wants. You said it already, but it’s just so good I have to say it too. It really isn’t about the world, it’s about what’s the world to your character.
Yeeeessss! I love that quote by Lewis. So true.
So true in fact I need to eat a cookie.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus I would put my stamp of approval on that entire post, but I’ve had some trouble with that in the past, so I think I’ll leave it un-stamped…
Awesome post just the same. Very good points, both you and @Ingridrd.On the topic of theme and endings, I have found that working a story simply for the purpose of presenting a clear theme can be…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@daeus
Wow; just wow. Forget what I said because what you’re saying makes a lot more sense! 😉 I agree that you shouldn’t have to fulfill all of the reader’s expectations, just some. That way you leave room for more creativity and an awesome story! By the way, I would totally read that story about the girl and the evil faerie dragonfly! It sounds…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@ingridrd Oh good, you joined in on the fun.
Generally, you do want to fulfill what the reader expects. I don’t think this always needs to be the case though. In my novella, I had this guy who was probably my most prominent character who ended up deserting everybody at the end of the book and basically leaving them to die and I never say what…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy and @daeus
*runs in* *hunches over to catch breath* What did I miss? Oh, nice topic! As I have never actually written an ending for a book (short stories excluded), I have just about no experience with this topic. However, I do think it is important that you tie up any loose ends and don’t let the reader down. If the reader was…[Read more] -
Ingrid replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy and @daeus
*runs in* *hunches over to catch breath* What did I miss? Oh, nice topic! As I have never actually written an ending for a book (short stories excluded), I have just about no experience with this topic. However, I do think it is important that you tie up any loose ends and don’t let the reader down. If the reader was…[Read more] -
Greta replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Bluejay Yeah, it was a really good movie. I was tearing up in some parts, too. Ohh, you should watch Courageous and Fireproof! They’re really good and moving, as well. 🙂
-
Greta replied to the topic Plot & Characters— Inseparable. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@spradlin I think we need to discuss how many thumbs you have. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Oh yes, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde… actually you know, I think it’s more like a novella. I don’t remember the precise length, but it definitely wasn’t a full fledged novel. I highly recommend it.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
I don’t know where everybody else is @Daeus… but hey, I guess I don’t mind hogging it either. 😉 *eats cookie of her own, chokes, squints, eats second cookie and swallows with gulp, dusts fingers off on skirt*
I will be back with an intelligent post for this topic later. If the cookie monster doesn’t sue me first.
-
Hannah R. replied to the topic What Book Are We Going To Read? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Sorry everyone– I posted that after reading the first page of discussion, before I realized that there were eight pages and the book was already decided! 🙂 I’ll try to join in on the next book… I’m still finishing up school for the summer and probably don’t have time for an extra reading project right now, but I’ll make sure to watch for future books!
-
Hannah R. replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 4 months ago
Thanks @jadamae! For some reason it never occurred to me that the name and username can be different. And yes, that is an Adventures in Odyssey reference. I figured there would be someone out there who would get it. 🙂 I’m guessing you’re a fan?
- Load More
