@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic The Next Four Years in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Santa Clause gets a couple votes every year. It would be a huge constitutional crisis if he ever won.
I think I just discovered who I’m going to vote for.
In all seriousness though, I honestly don’t know. If there’s a reasonably 3rd party candidate, I’ll likely vote for them. Or I might write in someone like Ted Cruz. I’ve one friend who said…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Writing Course in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@reaganramm That’s hard…characterization, perhaps. Tips on how to create real unique characters, both in depth ones for MCs and also flatter ones for secondary and minor characters.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Yippee! I’ll be going to 9. @hannah-c
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
I’m starting ten minute early so tag me if you can join me now. 🙂 @daeus @kate-flournoy @hannah-c
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@hope
Huh. I guess I’ve never noticed that before. I learn something new every day! 🙂
@christi-eaton
Ha ha ha. That’s great! 😀 -
Greta replied to the topic Writing Course in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@reaganramm Ooo, that’s so hard! I would probably choose a course on characterization, plotting, world-building, or showing vs. telling.
-
Hannah Olsen replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
I happen to be one of those ‘finifugal’ folks… (Not that I hate endings, but I dread having to write one) I think what frustrates me most about them, is trying to get everything wrapped up so that the reader finally understands every detail and is left with some interesting poignant memory. I’m glad someone started this thread, because I can…[Read more]
-
Hannah Olsen replied to the topic Hi everyone! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 4 months ago
Sorry everyone that it’s taken me so long to reply. My life has just been ever so busy lately. *catches breath*
@andry-grace: Thank you!!! I have heard of Johnny Tremain, and I think I may have read it before. If I remember correctly, it was very good. 🙂 I have a lot of WIP right now, but my main one is a novel I’m currently writing called If…[Read more]
-
Hannah Olsen replied to the topic What Book Are We Going To Read? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
I finally got the book! Can’t wait to start reading it! Sorry it’s taken me so long! :O
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Next Four Years in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@the-happy-bookaholic Yes, we have many political parties and you can vote for any of them. It’s just that only the democrats or republicans ever win (except maybe in a few very small government positions). You can also vote for whoever you want. Santa Clause gets a couple votes every year. It would be a huge constitutional crisis if he ever won. 😉
-
Reagan Ramm replied to the topic Writing Course in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Wow! Lot’s of good ideas! No consensus yet it sounds like though. Haha!
-
Haley Long replied to the topic Interview Questions for a Non-Fiction Author in the forum Non-Fiction 10 years, 4 months ago
Awesome job guys!! Thank you so much! I’m compiling the questions and tweaking them to be a bit more eloquent and then I’ll send them off!! 🙂 Y’all rock!!
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writing Course in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Dialog for definite. 🙂 My conversations never sound that real. *They sound more like they are in a book rather than really life* 😀
@reaganramm -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writing Course in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Dialog for definite. 🙂 My conversations never sound that real. *They sound more like they are in a book rather than really life* 😀
@reagan-ramm -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writing Course in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Urgh… yikes, that’s a difficult question. Probably characterization— I don’t struggle with that, but it’s one of those things I feel like I can never study enough of or understand as fully as I should. There’s just so much to learn!
Um… other than that… let’s see… novel structure? Character arcs? (Or would that be in with…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Writing Course in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Oh boy, I struggle with a lot of little things. Like, writing fluid prose, mastering emotion, getting the sense of timing just right, not being too choppy, picking the right tense, etc.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
597. @daeus Not bad, but not great. Feeling pretty down *sick* today, so my brain and fingers where much slower than normal.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@bluejay My dad had to talk to me for about fifteen minutes, but I managed to get 433 words edited – finishing the edits for the chapter I started yesterday.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@daeus I’m here. Talk at nine. 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy @hannah-c @bluejay I’m going to be editing tonight. I might have to stop half way through, but most likely I’ll be able to go till nine.
- Load More
