Hi everyone!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hi everyone!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Hannah Olsen
    @hannah-olsen
      • Total Posts: 32

Hey everyone! Now and then I’ve visited KP’s website but didn’t realize until recently that I could actually create an account and get to discuss on a forum with other Christian teen writers!
      So, I’ll start by giving a short introduction of myself…

*clears throat*

My name’s Hannah Olsen and I live in Northern Idaho. I love it here and honestly wouldn’t want to live anywhere else in the United States. Writing is my first passion, but I also enjoy photography and I love to travel. I’ve visited about 12 states, Mongolia, China, Korea, Canada, New Zealand and Thailand.
      I mainly write Historical Fiction, though I also enjoy writing Mysteries and Contemporary Fiction. My favorite authors are: Elizabeth Gaskill, Jane Austin, Ray Comfort, and Robert Louis Stevenson. My favorite novel is Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskill.
      I love to read Historical Fiction and Classics! <3
      I’m kind of a techie (my family calls me Gadget-Girl), I drink way too much coffee, finish reading books in record time, dabble in designing fashion and enjoy chocolate a little too much. 😀

Greta
      @gretald
        • Total Posts: 450

@hannah-olsen, Welcome to the bestiest place on the internets. 🙂
        Ooohh, cool! I love to travel, too. Wow, that’s a lot of places.
        I’d have to agree with you on Jane Austen and Robert Louis Stevenson. I’ve read some of their novels, and they’re quite good. I’ve never heard of Wives and Daughters or Elizabeth Gaskill. I’ll have to read her book. 😉
        Historical Fiction! What’s your favorite time period to write in?
        I’m with you on coffee and chocolate…and books. 😉
        And one more thing, we’ve started a topic on the forum for the knightings of the KeePers of Kingdom Pen, which you can find here . So, if you don’t mind, I’d like to dub you as “Lady of Travel.” 😀

Kate Flournoy
        @kate-flournoy
          • Total Posts: 3976

Wow, you’ve traveled! Mission work, I assume? And yay! Your favorite authors are some of mine as well! Have you read Gaskell’s ‘North & South’?
          And which if R. L. Stevenson’s stories do you like— I’ve read some that I’ve loved, and one in particular I absolutely could not stomach. 😛

Welcome to KP, and many— er— happy… returns? Somehow that didn’t come out right…

The forum seems to be having a bit of a mix-up with this topic and the last introductory topic to be posted— I had to do a little dabbling around to find this thread, but hey, I found it! So let’s hope the others can as well. 🙂

Ingrid
          @ingridrd
            • Total Posts: 830

@hannah-olsen
            A very warm welcome to you, Hannah! Great to meet you! *eyes widen in disbelief* Woah, that’s a lot of countries…! 🙂 Hey, I love chocolate WAY too much too! Anyway, hi!

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Daeus
            @daeus
              • Total Posts: 4238

@hannah-olsen Hi there! Chocolate? Historical fiction? Writing? Chocolate? I think you’re in the right place. By the way, this is an especially write place to be because (as we say here) it is the bestistest place on the internet.

Wow! You’ve been some pretty neat places. I’ve only ever visited Canada, but I’ve been to a majority of the states and I was born in Japan. You’re gonna have to tell us about some of those places you’ve been.

I thought I’d add in a little crash course on forum usage.
              Topics: If you click on a topic like “fiction”, you’ll be brought to a new page with lots of other stuff listed. Sometimes these are topics but sometimes they are sub-catagories. You can tell if you click on them. Sub categories are always in a separate section above the topics. To start a new topic under, say, “general discussion”, scroll down to the bottom of the page. There will be this text box where you can write what you want to say and right above that is where you title your topic. By the way, I noticed you posted this hello statement under another person’s topic, so I moved it over here where you could have a whole topic about you. (sorry @kate-flournoy, my fault *cowers in corner*)
              Tags: If you want to tag somebody (It makes them get a notification that you said something too them), just click on their linked name underneath their picture profile and there will be this @such-and-such thing (like on twitter). You can just copy and paste that.
              Terminology: MC means “main character”. WIP means “Work in progress (what you are currently writing)”
              Me: Watch out. I make the most bizarre jokes sometimes and sometimes they don’t even make sense. By the way, I give out cookies too. ?????? (Don’t eat the last one)

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Daeus.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Jada Morrison
              @jadamae
                • Total Posts: 199

Welcome to Kingdom Pen!

BlueJay
                @bluejay
                  • Total Posts: 1622

@hannah-olsen Hello and welcome to Kingdom Pen. Wow, you have travel to lots of places. Going places is so much fun. (One thing you should know, I have been Knighted a doctor so I go round tell @daeus NOT TO GIVE OUT COOKIES. But he doesn’t listen to me so I shall plead with you not to eat them all at once or that will be about my fourth case of stomach ache.) *glazes at you, Daeus!!! Not happy.*
                  But other than that…have a great time here. *Which I know you will* Finally….WELCOME!!! 🙂 😀 ? ? ? ?

Sarah Hoven
                  @sarah-h
                    • Total Posts: 669

Welcome to the forum, Hannah!
                    Wow, you’ve traveled a lot. What was it like? Which country was your favorite?
                    Historical fiction is my favorite genre, too. Which Robert Louis Stevenson novel is your favorite?

Hannah Olsen
                    @hannah-olsen
                      • Total Posts: 32

Thank you guys so much! I already feel so welcome! 😀 *sends virtual hugs to all*

@gretald
                      : Oooh! You should definitely check out Elizabeth Gaskill! She’s amazing! I first watched the mini-series based off Wives and Daughters, fell in love, and so of course I had to read the book! It’s awesome! My favorite time period to write in is probably the middle ages, although I also love to write a novel based during the 1850’s or 1940’s.
                      Thank you! I am honored by the title! 🙂 *curtsies low* I’ll try to check out that topic soon. Unfortunately I have very slow internet, and if I don’t tear myself from KP in like five minutes I may be late for work. :O hehehe…

@kate-flourney: I started reading North and South and haven’t yet finished it! I’m so excited to though! So far I love it.
                      My favorite Robert Louis Stevenson novel is definitely Kidnapped! Love it!

@Daeus
                      : Thanks so much for your help! It may take a little bit, but soon I’ll get the hang of KP. 😀 That’s so cool you were born in Japan! My uncle lives in Okinawa!
                      Cookies??? yay, we’re going to be best friends! haha!

@sarah-hoven: Traveling was one of the most amazing experiences of my life! It was mainly for mission work, although some of the places I have visited was just for fun. My favorite country was definitely New Zealand. *squeals* It was amazing and so beautiful!

Greta
                      @gretald
                        • Total Posts: 450

@hannah-olsen Okay, I’ll have to read Wives and Daughters this summer! Ooo, 1940’s, 1850’s, medieval. That’s cool! I’m partial to the WWII period myself. 🙂

Faith Kindred
                        @faithdk
                          • Total Posts: 139

Welcome, @hannah-olsen! 😀 I love to write in Middle Ages too! My WIP is in that time period, actually.
                          Wow. That’s a lot of places you’ve been to! I’ve only been to some western states. But I was born in Ohio, and now I live in Indiana. 🙂 I think the country I’d most like to visit would be Brazil.
                          But, anyway, we’re glad to have you here, Hannah! 😀

Rolena Hatfield
                          @rolena-hatfield
                            • Total Posts: 405

@hannah-olsen
                            Welcome Hannah!!! *throws sparkly confetti* So glad to have you on the forum!
                            Idaho is so beautiful! (That’s were I was born) Enjoy it for me!
                            Yay an Elizabeth Gaskell fan! I’ve seen Wives and Daughters and have yet to read the book!

https://rolenahatfield.com/

Rosey Mucklestone
                            @writefury
                              • Total Posts: 467

Welcome, @hannah-olsen!
                              Awesome to have you!
                              *gasp* you’ve been to New Zealand?! luckyyyyy… 😛
                              And finishing books in record time? *highfives* Me too! We can be reading cheetahs together. 😀

BlueJay
                              @bluejay
                                • Total Posts: 1622

I’ll join you @writefury and @hannah-olsen I read way too fast. 🙂

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by BlueJay.
                                • This reply was modified 8 years ago by BlueJay.
                                Sarah Hoven
                                @sarah-h
                                  • Total Posts: 669

@Hannah-Olsen — Kidnapped is a fun book. I should read it again sometime… Are you still involved in mission work? You said you’ve been to China. Is China still hostile to Christians?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >