Hi everyone!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hi everyone!

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Hannah Olsen
    @hannah-olsen
      • Total Posts: 32

Thanks ya’ll! 😀
      @sarah-hoven – My family doesn’t do mission work anymore, but my parents are really involved in street evangelism now. I’m not exactly sure how China is toward Christians now. I was eight the last time I visited China, and at the time it was just passing through on our way to Mongolia – where we were missionaries. So basically we just visited hotels, restaurants, and parks in China and didn’t actually do any mission work there in China. But it would be interesting to find out…

Christine Eaton
      @christi-eaton
        • Total Posts: 306

Yay! I love meeting new people *shakes hands heartily* I’ve only been on the forum for a little while but I love it here!

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

Hannah Olsen
        @hannah-olsen

*returns handshake*

Thank you! Me too! By the way, did you draw your profile picture? If so, it’s awesome!!!

Christine Eaton
          @christi-eaton
            • Total Posts: 306

@hannah-olsen I did draw it, I’m glad you like it. 🙂

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

Hannah Olsen
            @hannah-olsen

Wow, it’s great! 😀

Ivy Rose
              @ivy-rose
                • Total Posts: 102

@hannah-olsen hey there! Welcome to KP!!!

If you don’t mind my asking, whereabouts in Northern Idaho are you? We can’t be too far away from each other; I’m just a little west of Spokane. 🙂 And wow. Coffee, chocolate, and historical fiction? We’d get along well. 🙂 I’ve been to China, also; 9 years ago (I was 9). We stayed there for 2 weeks while picking up and adopting my little sis. It’s an interesting country. 🙂

I’m excited to get to know you more!

Hannah Olsen
                @hannah-olsen

@ivy-rose: that’s awesome!!! I live not too far from Coeur d’Alene, so we’re actually really close! 😀 That’s so cool you like historical fiction too! What’s your favorite time era to read/write?

Adry_Grace
                  @adry_grace
                    • Total Posts: 169

*dramatic gasp* What is this? A new person I’ve neglected to say hello to? *hangs head in shame*

Hi @hannah-olsen Welcome to Kingdom Pen and the KP forum!! So glad to meet you! Historical fiction, huh? That’s a great genre, some of my favorite books are historical fiction. I must ask if you’ve heard of Johnny Tremain by Esther Forbes? One of my all time favorites. I would recommend it.

Do you have any current WIPs? I won’t ask what it’s about 😉 but I do want to ask how far you are along. Also, how long have you been writing? What do you like about writing historical fiction?

I’ll stop asking question before I get annoying. 😀

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Adry_Grace. Reason: typo
                    Hope Ann
                    @hope
                      • Total Posts: 1092

Welcome @hannah-olsen! I just saw this post…I’m not on here quite as much as I should be. Trying to get writing done and things like that. Once one gets on this forum, they can keep going for quite a while and forget the time. 😉

Anyway, I love writing fantasy, mainly. And I’m not sure what there is to say that no one else has said. But a late welcome. We’re glad to have you! 😉

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Ivy Rose
                      @ivy-rose
                        • Total Posts: 102

@hannah-olsen WOW! We really should get together sometime. That would be so much fun.

Let’s see, my favorite era is mid 1800’s to 1950’s. 🙂 What’s yours? My soon-to-be-published first book is based on the true story of my great-great-grandparents, who came from Chicago to Spokane in 1892. It was so much fun to delve deeper into that time period as I researched!

Hannah Olsen
                        @hannah-olsen

Sorry everyone that it’s taken me so long to reply. My life has just been ever so busy lately. *catches breath*

@andry-grace: Thank you!!! I have heard of Johnny Tremain, and I think I may have read it before. If I remember correctly, it was very good. 🙂 I have a lot of WIP right now, but my main one is a novel I’m currently writing called If Tomorrow Never Comes, which I can give you the details of if you’re interested! 🙂 I wrote my first book when I was five years old, so I’ve been writing for about thirteen years now. 😀 Umm… I think that what I like about writing historical fiction is I’ve always been intrigued by the past and history has always been my favorite subject in school. 😀 And don’t worry – I love questions!!! 😀

@ivy-rose
                          : yeah! It’d be awesome to get together! My favorite time period is probably either the 1940’s or the Middle Ages. That sounds like an awesome idea! Good luck on it! 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        >