@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Daeus replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise Here should be fine.
-
Daeus replied to the topic It's Time for War. ~NaNoWriMo'16~ in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@aella I can’t say for sure, but I’m hoping too. My editing is first priority for me, but November should hopefully be a lot lighter on that side of things. If so, I’m hoping to write 50,000 words or more. I’ve never actually done NaNoWriMo before, but I essentially keep up a NaNoWriMo schedule most of the year nowadays.
As for advice, since…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise Really? I haven’t read those in a long time, but The Hidden Hand and The Prisoners Of The Sea were my two favorites. You mind sharing that critique of yours?
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@his-instrument That is so neat! I’ll have to watch for that the next time I watch the movie. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Book of John Literary Study in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@His-Instrument I’ll try to do this as much as I can because it’s fascinating and I love this kind of stuff, but I have to tell you I probably won’t be able to do it all at all times because we’re just getting back into school, AND getting ready for a family vacation out west. I’ll chime in whenever I can, but that mightn’t be frequently.…[Read more]
-
Hannah R. replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise, my favorite Odyssey character is Wooton– hands down. I didn’t know Jason was in a Last Chance Detectives episode! I’ll have to check it out. Novacom is my favorite series in Odyssey, although I liked Blackgaard Chronicles too.
I meant to tag you in another topic– Book of John Literary study– but I misspelled your…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Sorry @Daeus your tag notification didn’t come through. :/ But, I got 1,025 written so I’m very happy.
And thank you. Always appreciated. 😉
-
Hannah R. replied to the topic The Book of John Literary Study in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@daeus that’s fine. Bible bee sounds like a lot of work! But if you learn anything John-related that you want to share you’re welcome to jump in at any point.
-
Hannah R. replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@hope I know I’m like eleven pages late but I wanted to comment on Beyond the Mask. I have a friend who helped with costumes in that movie and she actually appears in one scene. When Will and Charlotte are dancing together, there’s a lady with a model ship in her wig. That’s my friend, McKenna Rosen, and her dad is her partner. 🙂 I thought it…[Read more]
-
Hannah R. replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@hope-ann I know I’m like eleven pages late but I wanted to comment on Beyond the Mask. I have a friend who helped with costumes in that movie and she actually appears in one scene. When Will and Charlotte are dancing together, there’s a lady with a model ship in her wig. That’s my friend, McKenna Rosen, and her dad is her partner. 🙂 I thought…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Book of John Literary Study in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@His-Instrument I love the book of John, but unfortunately I won’t be able to do this cause I’m doing this thing called the bible bee and it’s enough bible study I can hardly handle any more.
-
Hannah R. replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Thanks @jess! I’ll check it out! Have you read The Jungle Book? I read the abridged version when I was younger, but I really want to read the original (it’s on my list but I’m working on Les Mis right now and that will take a while. 🙂 ) I grew up on Disney’s animated Jungle Book and I’d love to read the novel.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Ok @kate-flournoy. I’m gonna stop now since I started early and have some stuff to do, but I did do some editing on three chapters. Trying to work on some obvious things so you won’t have to 😉
-
Hannah R. replied to the topic The Book of John Literary Study in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
And I’ll start with a comment on what I consider “section 1” of John 1: verses 1-17.
He starts with “In the beginning.” (“We start at the very beginning, a very good place to start!” ~Maria, The Sound of Music ) There are quite a few “echoes” from Genesis in John 1. And it begins with “In the beginning.”
Genesis 1:1: “In the beginning, God created…[Read more] -
Hannah R. replied to the topic The Book of John Literary Study in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@sarah-h @kate-flournoy, How does it sound to take a week for each chapter? I realized that the chapters are kind of long and we might get more out of discussion if we take longer on each chapter. If we spend the first week on John 1 that will also give more people time to jump in if they want to. I’ll call some more people over. @bluejay…[Read more]
-
Hannah R.'s profile was updated 10 years, 1 month ago
-
Hannah R. replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
The Last Leaf was good. I like that O. Henry always has a twist in his stories, but none of the others stand out to me. I liked Rudyard Kipling’s Rikki-Tikki-Tavi, but I don’t think I’ve read any of his other short stories. Are there any that you recommend? @jess @sarah-hoven
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus me. See ya.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@kate-flournoy @bluejay Are you writing tonight?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise Oh, dear. It isn’t an advertisement for an Asian dating site, is it? Somebody else was complaining about that. I think what the ad shows is chosen by google. I might be able to get it taken down. I’ll go mention it to KP. At least I can say that we are working on other ways to monetize KP, and when we do, ads should…[Read more]
- Load More
